Random stuff... breeders, banks, and strains.

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I was running two Sunblaze 8 bulb 4x2's that got replaced with the Viparspectra P2500s. The wattage on the Sunblaze sticker says 453w? I can take a pic and upload it. The Viparspectra thing on top says Max 240w. So they went from I guess 906W down to 480W... I think. I really don't know that much about amps and watts.
That sounds right to me, math wise and re the ask.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Omg man I saw a headline of zeta coming for se louisiana and didn't think of you further in. Glad you are okay! That sounds horrifying.....the idea that you were managing a remote tech team during that time is....amusing in retrospect and not at the time lol.

When I was a child, I would be so scared of tornados during the summer that I would sit and watch the weather channel on (no internet but cable tv hell yeah 90s kids) and catch the local forecast to make sure no tornados were coming. The local forecast would flash by fast and I was like...nine? So I had to learn to read fast to get the report lol.

So yeah. I'm terrified of tornados. That sounds like a literal nightmare. Glad you're okay!!
We took 110mph guests with 90mph sustained. It sucked. But were ok. Home is ok. So its ok. Guy just left from wiring our well pump to our generator. So here's to running water! Glad I wasnt in hydro. All my shit would be gonzo tight now :) I've been through hurricanes in The Keys that were much larger and stronger. But this is like rural rural in the woods off the grid practically. Like if you want wired cable and internet and phone... live somewhere else lol :))))

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The majesty of sunrise celebrated with a bowl of Purple Mountain Majesty and a big ass red bull. TONS of outside work to get on. It's Bonfire day!

20201031 081143

20201101 064049

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Funny thing this growing thing. A couple of you will remember this 42 strain seed buy thing I did. 21 went down. Some didnt germ. Others came up male. Some are pretty good. Others suxked ass. But that could be growing method. I'll give them another run.

3 strains stood out for me and they were all HSC beans, primarily purple mountain majesty. Squirt and pineapple Muffin are both awesome as well.

This season taught me a lot about method. I'm usually a diehard outdoor guy, but these new lights... SO much better with LEDs. Speed, quality, yield, versatility.

Finally figured out a way to get consistent short plants without super cropping or topping. Weird mosh of bonsai meets idk wtf. But it works without voodoo. I've done it with Lemon Skunk #2, Blue cookies both single cola and mainline, purple mountain majesty, squirt, and soon pineapple Muffin will be coming out of veg. The goal is to have multiple strains with a height of no more than 36 inches, preferably 30 or less that display the same proportions as their normally grown size, just in a smaller form factor.

If you've seen the PMM pics, that's what I'm talking about. I don't think it will work with autos. But photos have been good across multiple strains so far. Idk. We'll see. Those freaking LEDs lol were the final key.

amekins

amekins

Funny thing this growing thing. A couple of you will remember this 42 strain seed buy thing I did. 21 went down. Some didnt germ. Others came up male. Some are pretty good. Others suxked ass. But that could be growing method. I'll give them another run.

3 strains stood out for me and they were all HSC beans, primarily purple mountain majesty. Squirt and pineapple Muffin are both awesome as well.

This season taught me a lot about method. I'm usually a diehard outdoor guy, but these new lights... SO much better with LEDs. Speed, quality, yield, versatility.

Finally figured out a way to get consistent short plants without super cropping or topping. Weird mosh of bonsai meets idk wtf. But it works without voodoo. I've done it with Lemon Skunk #2, Blue cookies both single cola and mainline, purple mountain majesty, squirt, and soon pineapple Muffin will be coming out of veg. The goal is to have multiple strains with a height of no more than 36 inches, preferably 30 or less that display the same proportions as their normally grown size, just in a smaller form factor.

If you've seen the PMM pics, that's what I'm talking about. I don't think it will work with autos. But photos have been good across multiple strains so far. Idk. We'll see. Those freaking LEDs lol were the final key.
Definitely on board and observing.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
These 2 plants are Lemon Skunk #2. 1 is a single cola. The other is topped and trained from seed. And both are 14 to 16 inches but putting out dense dense rock hard bud. The frost is starting to come on. As soon as the gaps close better on the single cola, I'm going to put them on Seablast Bloom Master to finish them out. Really digging that nute line.

20201102 100526
20201102 100508
20201102 100429
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
These 2 plants are Lemon Skunk #2. 1 is a single cola. The other is topped and trained from seed. And both are 14 to 16 inches but putting out dense dense rock hard bud. The frost is starting to come on. As soon as the gaps close better on the single cola, I'm going to put them on Seablast Bloom Master to finish them out. Really digging that nute line.
Damn, those are some nice colas going!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Damn, those are some nice colas going!
Coolest thing ever! All of them are just... colas. What side bids are there are huge. I have a PMM (shock shock) that's crowning in a bonsai container. I'll document this stunting "trick" with that one. It's not going to increase yield. But those who have height issues might be able to do some good with it. My spaces inside are tiny compared to what I'm used to outside. So Ive gotten all paranoid and done OCD'd out on this height thing.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So let's do the stunt trick on the HSC Pineapple Muffin and the PMM. This plant is one that has a bunch planned for it. First it's going to get cloned. Then it's going to get flowered in its existing pot. When it "crowns" (stretch is done and the top part of the cola first forms completely), then the plant should express the beginning of a cal/mag deficiency. As soon as it does then we'll move it to a 5 gallon grow bag and see if we can get it to pack bud on in a small form factor.

20201102 223549

20201102 223610

20201102 223618

And this is some Sin City Juice I've got going on from 3Thirteen. Have no idea what to expect. People treat thenbreeder like the second coming of christ on another forum. We'll see how his stuff stacks up against the quality of HSC.

20201102 223935

20201102 223942

20201102 224005

20201102 224001

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So let's do the stunt trick on the HSC Pineapple Muffin and the PMM. This plant is one that has a bunch planned for it. First it's going to get cloned. Then it's going to get flowered in its existing pot. When it "crowns" (stretch is done and the top part of the cola first forms completely), then the plant should express the beginning of a cal/mag deficiency. As soon as it does then we'll move it to a 5 gallon grow bag and see if we can get it to pack bud on in a small form factor.

View attachment 1051418
View attachment 1051419
View attachment 1051420

And this is some Sin City Juice I've got going on from 3Thirteen. Have no idea what to expect. People treat thenbreeder like the second coming of christ on another forum. We'll see how his stuff stacks up against the quality of HSC.

View attachment 1051421
View attachment 1051422
View attachment 1051424
View attachment 1051423
Looking good! Interested in this hotshot breeder...I wonder what these plants will have in the locker! I know nothing at all about him or his genetics.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Looking good! Interested in this hotshot breeder...I wonder what these plants will have in the locker! I know nothing at all about him or his genetics.
I know very little about him personally, have interacted with him only on a couple of occassions, and will reserve that opinion.

So if his genetics are top shelf shit, we'll soon find out. Hope so. I really hate wasting my time on bullshit just like everyone else. I'm running them on GD as well. He isnt even listed in their breeder list. So it's up as a custom strain. Just have to cross the fingers and hope the hype is real.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Octocopter update. Well this is first week of flower and here comes the stretch. Girl needs a hair cut bad. Probably going to happen tonite as I only want colas out of this thing.

20201103 110506

20201103 110530

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So we might not know who the next Pres is going to be... but... my State legalised!!!! Wooooooot?! Hahahahahahah!!! Happy happy joy joy!
Wait really?! That is great news!

Edit: THEY PUT IT IN THE STATE CONSTITUTION!?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Purple Headband Auto... we're in the final stretch! Fans are starting to get sucked dry. It's on Earth Juice Seablast Bloom Master and Cal/Mag only to male those blooms bust out better. The purple is starting to come in on the leaf edges and bud tips. I'm sure more of that will show as we get to the end. So far so good re bud development. But again for an auto? I think I'm in for 5 months on this plant. That's pretty suck ass performance for an auto imo. I probably wont mess with these strains again and I think they are probably only good for outside because of their size. I think if I go with autos again I'll go with Mandalorian or Mephisto genetics.

20201104 090037

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Purple Headband Auto... we're in the final stretch! Fans are starting to get sucked dry. It's on Earth Juice Seablast Bloom Master and Cal/Mag only to male those blooms bust out better. The purple is starting to come in on the leaf edges and bud tips. I'm sure more of that will show as we get to the end. So far so good re bud development. But again for an auto? I think I'm in for 5 months on this plant. That's pretty suck ass performance for an auto imo. I probably wont mess with these strains again and I think they are probably only good for outside because of their size. I think if I go with autos again I'll go with Mandalorian or Mephisto genetics.

View attachment 1051970
Autos only make sense to me outdoors or in less controlled environments. Otherwise they seem more finicky to me.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Autos only make sense to me outdoors or in less controlled environments. Otherwise they seem more finicky to me.
I do not like them damn it lol!!! At least with a photo they can be manipulated to do what you want when you want. Eg if I want to spend 300 days in veg, then I can. If I want to take a big clone, aero it for 2 weeks, stick it in the dirt for a week and then flower it... then I can. Autos just seem to be training wheels to me. Dont need them. :)))

Latest posts

Top Bottom