Rapid rooter and watering auto...

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Awesome cant wait to see the weight
I was so tired from harvesting that one plant for 13 hours I forgot to get the wet weight but that's ok I'll get a weight of dried at the end of this week or in next week...... I have the moisture meter so I didnt get the cannabis one or the general one I grabbed one on amazon that was 4 stars and $14...... so I'm just messing with the 3 paper bags of drying smaller low buds and they are beautiful I like to go to shop and get some thing bomb and get scope out and compare.... mine is spot on.... but I'll get more to you later this week.... one question broveda moisture packs 2 way 58% ones 8 gram inside 64oz jar says it helps the curing is this true?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was so tired from harvesting that one plant for 13 hours I forgot to get the wet weight but that's ok I'll get a weight of dried at the end of this week or in next week...... I have the moisture meter so I didnt get the cannabis one or the general one I grabbed one on amazon that was 4 stars and $14...... so I'm just messing with the 3 paper bags of drying smaller low buds and they are beautiful I like to go to shop and get some thing bomb and get scope out and compare.... mine is spot on.... but I'll get more to you later this week.... one question broveda moisture packs 2 way 58% ones 8 gram inside 64oz jar says it helps the curing is this true?
Never used em. Heard mixed reviews like they may affect flavor or something. A proper dry and cure I don't think ya need em to do. I use cheap hygrometers and shoot for 62% once it stays stable for a couple days I bag or jar em and that's it.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Never used em. Heard mixed reviews like they may affect flavor or something. A proper dry and cure I don't think ya need em to do. I use cheap hygrometers and shoot for 62% once it stays stable for a couple days I bag or jar em and that's it.
So friday is a week when should I be checking on the girls hanging and anything i should keep my eye out for?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

um... when the stem, snapz, it's like 8%. book n general consensus, is 10-12... it's actually less, upon snap, in my experience. if u roll- 8% is right on.

that hang space remind u of anything? a closet, perhaps... u n ur electric company, might appreciate a perpetual. think mimid has that, trademarked.

aquas got his hands full so might not here for a while. never know.

depending on rh check every day, after the third. lil-unz go quick. some folks: 10 daze.

thought i read oh- bovedas- ♡!!! no burpin... 62's... folks say when it reaches 58%: DING FRIES R DONE.

um... after 3 mo... I'm satisfied. it's subjective. 9mo, is sick. 1yr- my first pot blackout... some folks go a month

u mention grow plugs? moisture? dark brn is wet. infamous killer of linglings... by the hundreds ($). light brn & u can touch it: nedds ml's.

zero ppm rh'd... don't spray the lid. too high rh... mould pm ummm um... um.. nm

sorry

oh- there's a right kinda higher rh- fluid, below... even a wet, spare plug... ummm... condensation causes the wong kinda higher rh. ditch the meter. listen to the lings... n plugz. once a day, should do. some folks say ummm... roots grow n dankness, only... liarz n whoorrs! um... timber! some folks chop chop at end of darkness, cycle... stuffs to research n consider.

someone tell big d only the like option is on the fritz, again n someone left the tp on the roll, wong way. b a buddy: if it's brown, flush it down.

ok... lost it. hope it helpz.

odds r you won't need the meter, more than a time r two.

rh also strain dependent; especially n seedling.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

um... when the stem, snapz, it's like 8%. book n general consensus, is 10-12... it's actually less, upon snap, in my experience. if u roll- 8% is right on.

that hang space remind u of anything? a closet, perhaps... u n ur electric company, might appreciate a perpetual. think mimid has that, trademarked.

aquas got his hands full so might not here for a while. never know.

depending on rh check every day, after the third. lil-unz go quick. some folks: 10 daze.

thought i read oh- bovedas- ♡!!! no burpin... 62's... folks say when it reaches 58%: DING FRIES R DONE.

um... after 3 mo... I'm satisfied. it's subjective. 9mo, is sick. 1yr- my first pot blackout... some folks go a month

u mention grow plugs? moisture? dark brn is wet. infamous killer of linglings... by the hundreds ($). light brn & u can touch it: nedds ml's.

zero ppm rh'd... don't spray the lid. too high rh... mould pm ummm um... um.. nm

sorry

oh- there's a right kinda higher rh- fluid, below... even a wet, spare plug... ummm... condensation causes the wong kinda higher rh. ditch the meter. listen to the lings... n plugz. once a day, should do. some folks say ummm... roots grow n dankness, only... liarz n whoorrs! um... timber! some folks chop chop at end of darkness, cycle... stuffs to research n consider.

someone tell big d only the like option is on the fritz, again n someone left the tp on the roll, wong way. b a buddy: if it's brown, flush it down.

ok... lost it. hope it helpz.

odds r you won't need the meter, more than a time r two.

rh also strain dependent; especially n seedling.
So I should go with the 62% broveda and once my hygrometer in jars say 58% curing is essentially done?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Curing doesn't really stop as long as you don't over dry it. I find first month makes the most difference but after 3 months it's really nice. Would recommend you toss some aside and wait 3months or even more to see the difference.

Since you wet trimmed I'm guessing about a week in those conditions maybe even 5 days. I don't like mine to dry to much so I would be checking at day 5. They will be dry feeling on the outside and should bounce back when squeezed. Its a bit of a feel thing. You can then cut the buds off and put em in a tote or sealable container with a hygrometer. Don't pack it full leave room. Check em every few hrs at first to see how often you need to burp em. Of its still to often let em sit out for 12-24 hrs then try again. Once the hygrometer stays stable at 58-62% for a couple days. Seal em up and let em sit for curing as long as you like. Keep em outa light and heat.

I agree with @SPARECHANGE stems snapping is a bit much IME and they usually are a bit drier than I like at that point but it all depends on how far the buds are.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Curing doesn't really stop as long as you don't over dry it. I find first month makes the most difference but after 3 months it's really nice. Would recommend you toss some aside and wait 3months or even more to see the difference.

Since you wet trimmed I'm guessing about a week in those conditions maybe even 5 days. I don't like mine to dry to much so I would be checking at day 5. They will be dry feeling on the outside and should bounce back when squeezed. Its a bit of a feel thing. You can then cut the buds off and put em in a tote or sealable container with a hygrometer. Don't pack it full leave room. Check em every few hrs at first to see how often you need to burp em. Of its still to often let em sit out for 12-24 hrs then try again. Once the hygrometer stays stable at 58-62% for a couple days. Seal em up and let em sit for curing as long as you like. Keep em outa light and heat.

I agree with @SPARECHANGE stems snapping is a bit much IME and they usually are a bit drier than I like at that point but it all depends on how far the buds are.
I'll keep an eye out friday would be a week so I'll check in a cpl days I'm just cracking it enough to see my controls in there.... I've been testing various types of bud with this moisture meter so I have an idea but it's just a tool to help me decide when I'm comfortable pulling and taking the buds off get a weight for the full yeild..... then jar with the hygrometers..... anything else let me know... I'm experimenting with about an ounce in brown paper bag....

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I've been checking my tent daily and today they seem crisp but I still have a chlorophyll smell lightly..... I'm tempted to jar but not sure this moisture reader is showing between 14.7 and 15.6% but the flowers that are smaller seem to be a crisp.... will this all snap back once I jar which I planned on originally doing that thursday...... what do you think?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll keep an eye out friday would be a week so I'll check in a cpl days I'm just cracking it enough to see my controls in there.... I've been testing various types of bud with this moisture meter so I have an idea but it's just a tool to help me decide when I'm comfortable pulling and taking the buds off get a weight for the full yeild..... then jar with the hygrometers..... anything else let me know... I'm experimenting with about an ounce in brown paper bag....
I've been checking my tent daily and today they seem crisp but I still have a chlorophyll smell lightly..... I'm tempted to jar but not sure this moisture reader is showing between 14.7 and 15.6% but the flowers that are smaller seem to be a crisp.... will this all snap back once I jar which I planned on originally doing that thursday...... what do you think?
The moisture from the inner part of the buds will even out after jarring. The reason why we dry slowly is to allow this to happen during drying as evenly as possible and allow chlorophyll to break down. Those go hand in hand. You can jar some if your not sure and keep a close eye on humidity. I would rather jar early and have to reopen and put back out to dry longer than jar to late.

What I mean is you can use something like a big paper bag to help even the moisture out again and see where they are overall. That will slow the drying and allow the moisture in the bud to even out so you get a good idea where they are at. But you need to be very cautious not to allow them to be in a humid bag to long with no air movement. So you can toss em in a bag and check every hour or 2 to see how they are doing as the moisture in the bud evens out. Then put back out to dry if needed or jar if ready.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

The moisture from the inner part of the buds will even out after jarring. The reason why we dry slowly is to allow this to happen during drying as evenly as possible and allow chlorophyll to break down. Those go hand in hand. You can jar some if your not sure and keep a close eye on humidity. I would rather jar early and have to reopen and put back out to dry longer than jar to late.

What I mean is you can use something like a big paper bag to help even the moisture out again and see where they are overall. That will slow the drying and allow the moisture in the bud to even out so you get a good idea where they are at. But you need to be very cautious not to allow them to be in a humid bag to long with no air movement. So you can toss em in a bag and check every hour or 2 to see how they are doing as the moisture in the bud evens out. Then put back out to dry if needed or jar if ready.
At what rh and temp should the jar be with the bud in them

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

One more thing the RH was actually rly low so I put a bucket with netpod with airstone going just for a bit of moisture in the tent which i just checked and it's just 51% rh in there but that's better than having dips down to 37% right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

At what rh and temp should the jar be with the bud in them
Temps shouldn't be an issue the RH will be affected by the buds moisture level. I wouldn't let it get over 70% and preferably not over 65%. If it does then burp and repeat until the RH is a stable. I prefer at 61-62% but some prefer about 58% if your rolling joints 58% I would say. I use a vape and like a bit higher.

If ya have to burp the jars to often then let the buds sit out for 12-24hrs and then re jar.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One more thing the RH was actually rly low so I put a bucket with netpod with airstone going just for a bit of moisture in the tent which i just checked and it's just 51% rh in there but that's better than having dips down to 37% right?
Ouch I'm hoping they didn't dry to fast. That low of RH might be tough. If ya can keep it 55% ish would be better.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I would say yes but you must ensure its not misting the buds in anyway shape or form.
I pulled my whole back row and jarred it with a meter and one of those terracotta humidity stones to see how it plays and so far it's doing a great job, now my main calyx those still need a day or 2 but I'm having to check each branch twice a day making sure I'm good.... nothing has fallen off them so that's a plus.... and the jarred stuff smells oh so yummy..

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

So the dry harvest 1/2 gal jars 1/2 to 3/4..... 5 of them in total.... I am doing it all by my self so i get tired I'm disabled.... so I'll give an overall weight in a few days....

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I urge you to replace that blue dominant light ASAP

Here's a very inexpensive light that appears to be properly designed

hth

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I urge you to replace that blue dominant light ASAP

Here's a very inexpensive light that appears to be properly designed

hth
Before I start up again I have a few things I need to upgrade like inkbird humidity controller and hook a ultrasonic cool mist humidifier hooked into that...... if I can afford a gorilla tent with the 2ft extension I would get that..... this light worked just fine but I am looking at new ones.... idk I have a few things..... who are good seed banks for autoflower and photoperiod plants?

Top Bottom