Rare Dankness & Friends - A Journey into Motherhood

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
So the votes are in, the tent setup, the heating mat in place, the rapid rooters moist, and the seeds ready to pop. Here are the strains I'll be popping for mothers:

Rare Dankness - Ghost Train Haze #1

Rare Dankness - Chem Wreck Haze

Rare Dankness - Longs Peak Blue

TGA - Cheese Quake

TGA - The Flav

303 - Ski Train

And the glamour shot:

Seedgerms1 sf

My germination plan:

Soak 3 seeds each between wet paper towels in the dark, and kept warm (~85f)

When they have popped a tap root 1/4 to 1/2 inch long, move them to the rapid rooters (tap root pointing down).

Keep them moist in a dome, humid (80-90%), warm (~85f), and gently lit with fluorescents

When the plants have grown to their second set of leaves transplant them to Roots Organic Soil in cups.

Does this sound about right? Any thoughts?

Not sure what happens after that. . . Good thing I'm not there yet. Stay tuned!

outwest

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
This all sounds right to me, but I would not wait until the root is that long if you happen to catch it sooner (right after it emerges) there is no harm in putting it into media right away, obviously with care not to break the root. It won't be terrible if the root reaches that length by any means, but you are tricking the seeds into thinking they are already in the media, so no harm in moving them there as soon as you see they are visibly germinated and sprouting a tap root. Personally I put my beans in a wet paper towel only for a few hours, just to make sure the process is moving forward, and then I put them right into my media (coco) before any splitting of the seed coat has occurred! Hope this helps ease your thoughts about the process, it really is not a difficult one if you treat the beans with care.

Oh, and no need for your ambient air temp to be so high (might cause elongation), just make sure your media is being kept roughly 7-8 degrees warmer than your air temp (with a heat mat) and you should be good to go.

Good luck on everything, I will be watching for sure!

-Meeks

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

hell yeah, im doing ghost train # 1 as well. scott told me it had been tested at 25% thc before!! good luck guy

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
hell yeah, im doing ghost train # 1 as well. scott told me it had been tested at 25% thc before!! good luck guy

Nice, RB. I'd love to see some photos. Where in the grow process are you?

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Nice list u have there godluck with this grow. About a year ago i started my seeds out by soaking them in water with a touch of liquid karma then put right in soil in the dome I really like this method alot but every1 has thier own technique.I used the paper towel method 4 a long time with much sucess!

Thanks, PK. Appreciate the feed back. Hopefully I'll be doing my first transplant in no time!

outwest

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'll be dropping in from time to time bro, good luck! I've heard alot of good things about RD, I just wish that Attitude had the Scott's & Doc's in stock when I ordered.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'll be dropping in from time to time bro, good luck! I've heard alot of good things about RD, I just wish that Attitude had the Scott's & Doc's in stock when I ordered.

I hear ya. I've got some of their OG (Venon, Wardareekn) that did not make this run. Thanks for stopping by!

outwest

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

i am vegging out the seeds. then will pheno hunt. they seem to be very stretchy and im guessing will be 10 weekers if not more.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Ghost Train Haze!! Good luck with the grow.
Would love to see these available at the farm.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i am vegging out the seeds. then will pheno hunt. they seem to be very stretchy and im guessing will be 10 weekers if not more.

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep you posted!

Ghost Train Haze!! Good luck with the grow.
Would love to see these available at the farm.

Me too. What do you know about the strain?

nice lineup

Gracias!

So it's been over 48 hours and most of the beans have not popped, the only one the was 100% was the Cheese Quake. Any seeds that showed any tail were moved to rapid rooters, watered, and domed. Any thoughts on how to trigger the beans to sprout?

outwest

coloradochem

coloradochem

will be watching this with great interest. best of luck to ya OW! where did you score your RD gear at?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, CC! Dispensaries up and down the front range. Any thoughts on the germination issues?

outwest

B

Burned Haze

Very I interesting choices, always interested in that rare dankness since attitude got it in. Hope they are as amazing as they claim. Subscribed

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Very I interesting choices, always interested in that rare dankness since attitude got it in. Hope they are as amazing as they claim. Subscribed

Me too. Any thoughts on the germination delays?

outwest

coloradochem

coloradochem

Thanks, CC! Dispensaries up and down the front range. Any thoughts on the germination issues?

outwest

idk maybe a touch of vitamin B? Lately ive had a bad go at getting em to come up once i transplant into dirt

Top Bottom