rcdwc first 12 days with pics "Blue Dream"

• Thread starter Kpezzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

in heressish *idk if i got it right* but in his DIY DWC he also uses something that turns his roots brown but they are healthy as can be!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

certain nutes will do that. I think my buddy's did it with Florabloom, but I can't remember. Whenever I get unexplained wilt on my girls I check the roots immediately. H202 cleans 'em off pretty well, in a mild solution. But with all the bennies and Hygrozyme I use, my roots usually look pretty good. :)

3d3n

Nice Setup!!!

What size is your tent?

With a 1000 watter in there you should get nice bushy girls and scrog is def not what you need in there. Those girls will fill out nicely with a little topping and training.

A good way to train them is with a spool of wire +/- 4gauge. You cut the desired length make a hook that won't constrict the branch, most pots have a rim so you can pull the branch where you want and tuck the wire under the rim of pot. With your setup you would need to use tape and maybe put a couple layers of tape around your buckets to serve as an anchour so your tinfoil doesn't slip.

This method really helps to open up the plant and pull branches exactly where you want, done properly with the right strain you will get a beautiful cannopy. Not all strains like topping and training but the structure of your Blue Dream looks like she will do very well with this.

Great job so far props to you & your Friend :RastaBong:

K

Kpezzy

certain nutes will do that. I think my buddy's did it with Florabloom, but I can't remember. Whenever I get unexplained wilt on my girls I check the roots immediately. H202 cleans 'em off pretty well, in a mild solution. But with all the bennies and Hygrozyme I use, my roots usually look pretty good. :)

hey bro How many ML for the 35% H2O2 per gallon? I have never used it but I hear it works great and is some strong stuff. Thanks man

K

Kpezzy

Nice Setup!!!

What size is your tent?

With a 1000 watter in there you should get nice bushy girls and scrog is def not what you need in there. Those girls will fill out nicely with a little topping and training.

A good way to train them is with a spool of wire +/- 4gauge. You cut the desired length make a hook that won't constrict the branch, most pots have a rim so you can pull the branch where you want and tuck the wire under the rim of pot. With your setup you would need to use tape and maybe put a couple layers of tape around your buckets to serve as an anchour so your tinfoil doesn't slip.

This method really helps to open up the plant and pull branches exactly where you want, done properly with the right strain you will get a beautiful cannopy. Not all strains like topping and training but the structure of your Blue Dream looks like she will do very well with this.

Great job so far props to you & your Friend :RastaBong:

thanks alot buddy for checking it out and the advice

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

hey bro How many ML for the 35% H2O2 per gallon? I have never used it but I hear it works great and is some strong stuff. Thanks man

I use the Nutrilife 29%; about 3 ml per spray bottle (24 oz/710 ml) mixed with r/o water. I'm not positive that's the recommended dosage, but it works on any roots infected with pythium. Remember it'll kill your beneficial micro-organisms also, so you'll want to re-establish them asap to keep the pythium at bay. I use about 6ml per spray bottle when I am cleaning pots and equipment. The 3ml dosage is also good as a foliar spray to control powdery mildew, but the control does not last long. It oxidizes any powdery mildew growth on the outside of the plant, but does not leave any residual controlling agent. So the systemic disease feels free to manifest itself again in a couple days... sulphur burners work 10x better.

K

Kpezzy

here is the little foam problem, it is much much better trust me :angel

HPIM7958
HPIM7959
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Looks kinda like a flat beer. Not too bad. Keep a hawk's eye on your pH and EC, although with organics it's tough to know if EC is actually nutrient strength... My ebb-n-flow rez looked like this when the tray was draining; my plants seemed to be partying it up. The first time I used Hygrozyme, I pulled over 7 oz off one LUI bush in the corner of a 4x4 ebb-n-flow under a 400w HPS. I never looked back- it was the biggest difference-maker I ever used, other than leaving MiracleGro behind...hehe.

K

Kpezzy

Jalisco Kid View Post

That little foam in the corner was bothering you, if so you are thinking too much about it. You say there is a lot of flow,that's relative I know. It does not push your roots to one side of the bucket does it? JK

no it doesnt JK, and no that little bit doesn't bother me at all it was foaming 4 inches thick in the whole res, Right now my PPm's with GH 3 part are N-69, P-29, K-86, MG-19, S-26, Fe-1.2, Mn- .5, Zn-.1, Cu-.1 Total 283 PPm's
and that seems super low that is only 4ml gal for micro and bloom and 3 ml gallon for grow, I think I should be at 10ml per gallon on the Micro and Bloom and 7ml on the grow that would make it N-173, P-72, K-210, Ca-134, MG-48, S-65, Fe-3.1, Mn-1.3, Zn.3, Cu.2, B-.1 tottal PPM's 706 what do you think JK?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

brother if your pH tester is actually that detailed, I'm taking mine back cuz I got ripped off... how the hell did you measure your ppm and break it down to specific nutrients? At this stage your EC should measure between .7 and 1. Bump it up daily as the girls like it...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I use a Truncheon from bluelab. It has been great. There are many types of combo meters etc. but for testing EC alone I really like it. Expensive though.
Good Luck!

J

Jalisco Kid

ec is a measurement of electrical conductivity

just another meter, relates directly to ppm, higher the ppm the higher the ec. some people do hydro by measuring ppm some do ec.

keep in mind jalisco kid is incredibly advanced, and has you doin tasks that are above and beyond. its an awesome thing and respectful of how much he has helped you, but he does things differently and is far more advanced than 90% of the growers on here.

kp up the great learning, you are way ahead of the curve.
I really have to disagree, I am a passable mediocre grower, But I am damn good at designs and installs.JK

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

ditto on the posts by VelvetElvis and Fred... EC and ppm are pretty much measured the same way, but different companies use different conversions from EC to PPM, so I believe that you need to pick one and stick with it to get your crops dialed in. Hanna basically uses a 50% conversion rate; if your EC reads 1.0, you're basically at 500ppm. Other companies would say you're at 600ppm. The important thing is to find the number that works best for you, and use it for all your calculations. It's a bit of trial and error, but you'll get it down in no time.

K

Kpezzy

Fellas I hope you understand how much it means to a guy like me that you not only follow my grow and keep tabs on it, but you also add and give me your experience and guidance, I would honestly like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to help me with this learning curve and making my Medication the best it can be! KPZ

K

Kpezzy

I cant really tell but this is today It very well could be lockout but I am not jumping to conclusions just yet

HPIM7988
HPIM7997
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

RDWC is a system I have yet to test, buddy, so I'd rather defer to Jalisco or someone with experience in your type system. There is definitely a problem here and you should nip it before it becomes major. Have you posted a pic in the infirmary? I am colorblind and having trouble diagnosing your problem in these pictures, although they're good photos. I'd venture to say it looks like the beginnings of phosphorous deficiency, but I have no experience with these strains or your system, sorry bud.

Top Bottom