Rdwc 10k Watts Hps, 2 630 Watt Lec, 6 400 Watt Metal Halide

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Hey guys!

Here is my first diary on here. Not my first grow by any means but I would love constructive input! Currently running all agent orange plants with house and garden nutes accept for a few things I don't use/substituted. For me from the time I cut clones till drop into system takes 2 weeks, then 3 week veg in system and 8 week flower. The agent orange cut I have grows more aggressively than any strain I have ever grown making it perfect for the undercurrent system.

Rdwc 10k watts hps 2  630 watt lec 6 400 watt metal halide
Rdwc 10k watts hps 2  630 watt lec 6 400 watt metal halide 2
Rdwc 10k watts hps 2  630 watt lec 6 400 watt metal halide 3
Rdwc 10k watts hps 2  630 watt lec 6 400 watt metal halide 4
These pics are 10 days into veg. Healthy for the most part got a straggler though. Got a few more pics to catch everyone up to where I'm at.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Day 1 of flower! I do a 1 day transitional day of cutting back lighting after day 21 of veg and before day 1 of flower for a smoother transition to flower. Let me know what you guys think. The girls look healthy but always looking to improve!
IMG 0108
IMG 0107
IMG 0109
IMG 0111
IMG 0112
IMG 0113

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Problem with 400's are there weak the dutch have used 400's in the past they used them vertical and double stacked so 800 watts rather then single 400 ..
lets hope you upgrade next grow one 600 to replace two 400's or better yet go 1000's and watch it really blow up

Cilantrillo

Cilantrillo

Problem with 400's are there weak the dutch have used 400's in the past they used them vertical and double stacked so 800 watts rather then single 400 ..
lets hope you upgrade next grow one 600 to replace two 400's or better yet go 1000's and watch it really blow up
600s are, indeed, much more efficient. Just gotta remove that heat. Not nearly as much as with 1000s, though.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I initially wanted 600's but decided it would be be over kill for the size of my space. It's only 10x27ft room with 8foot ceilings so I think I'm already cramming as much light in there as possible. I would need a bigger air conditioner as well. I was more just trying to get under growth some light and provide a little of a dual spectrum. Next space is bigger so thinking about stacking 600 watt verts in there. But I love the input guys! Keep it coming about to put some more pics up shortly.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

All my hoods have 1000 watt hps also so they are getting pretty strong light as is. These plants by the time they are done are practically touching the walls. I worry I would fry branches with anything more than a 400 for how close they get to the bulb. Need more space haha!

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

subbed,
my one comment,
its hard to tell because of all the silicone but are those the bulk head type fittings from about 3-4 years ago? if so they have changed things up a bit by eliminating the o ring and the compression seal that goes on the outside is now thicker and more off a compression type rubber. i had one bucket that i thought had to be cracked..... no more leak.
Screenshot 20161014 190041

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

subbed,
my one comment,
its hard to tell because of all the silicone but are those the bulk head type fittings from about 3-4 years ago? if so they have changed things up a bit by eliminating the o ring and the compression seal that goes on the outside is now thicker and more off a compression type rubber. i had one bucket that i thought had to be cracked..... no more leak.
View attachment 640196
Those are actually not from

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

System was bought about 2 years ago. There are a couple buckets that have bulkhead with a different design not made by current culture. The different seals were because when I re did my system I had to adjust the layout and put uni-seals on which ended up causing a cracked bucket and leaky seals. A friend was kind enough to give me a couple buckets with different seals. I caulked everything just to prevent any possible future leaks. But the bulkheads I have made by current culture have a seal on the out side of bucket with an o ring on the inside of bucket. My system has been broken down to fit different rooms a few times which is why the pvc fittings aren't exactly uniform. I hope this helps. If it does not answe your question please tell me I love talking hydro!

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Sorry night watch I meant uniseals. The current culture bulk head I have never had a problem with just put silicon on the outside in case
those are bulkheads insulted totes make them look like uniseals but there not ):
When i put my bulk jeads together i used food grade grease to lube up O rings etc
Worked like a charm
If i was to use uniseals i would also use food grade grease like a primer sealer installing uniseal into bucket then applying grease to inner ring then sliding pipe in giving it all a seal

the trick with uniseals is setting it with warm water people fill rez with cold water not allowing rubber seals to form properly causing leakage etc use warm water

Last edited:
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

those are bulkheads insulted totes make them look like uniseals but there not ):
When i put my bulk jeads together i used food grade grease to lube up O rings etc
Worked like a charm
If i was to use uniseals i would also use ood grade grease like a primer sealer installing uniseal into bucket then applying grease to inner ring then sliding pipe in giving it all a seal
Thanks man. I used dish soap and warm water when I put uniseals on haha. Might explain my issue with them... Couldn't even tell you had bulkheads with insulation. Your girls look healthy!

Top Bottom