Rdwc And Coco Coir Adventures #nobubbles

• Thread starter mandalaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mandalaman

mandalaman

Hello My Friends,

I hope everyone is doing terrific today. I am excited. I just placed an order for a new set-up I am going to run. I was able to purchase my the tent/light/hydro buckets for around $1000 all in This is my first run with hydro.

First, for the light, I decided to go with an: Amare SolarECLIPSE 250 COB LED Grow Light
Amare SolarECLIPSE 250 COB LED Grow Light

amara-solareclipse-250-SE250-main_grande.jpg

The SolarECLIPSE White COB High Intensity LED Grow Light by Amare uses the latest LED technology to provide an intense, uniform, and natural white light for your plants for every phase of growth.

Featuring enhanced white-light technology, and four powerful High-Intensity COB light-emitters housed in a patent-pending reflector array with removable secondary optics.

All Amare LED grow lights feature an Equatorial Spectrum that mimics sunlight at the equator. It contains more of the red spectrum, UV, and IR than other grow lights and will increase productivity in both veg and flowering.

This LED grow light features the latest CREE CXB3070 chip, CREE XP-C2 and XP-E2 supplemental diodes, and laser-cut, aluminum housings.

Next, for the tent, I decided on the: Secret Jardin Dark Room 2.5 3'x3'
Secret Jardin Dark Room 2.5 DR90 3' x 3' Grow Tent

I went with the Dark Room over the Dark Street because the construction seemed a little more solid, and it was worth the minor cost differential for me (if only for the peace of mind). I have only had experience with Gorilla Tents previously but have read great things about the Secret Jardin product and it is less expensive.
DR90-secret-jardin-3-x-3-dark-room-grow-tent-main_grande.jpg

Lastly, I decided to go with a RDWC system from Current Culture: 2 x Current Culture H2O Under Current Solo 8
Current Culture H2O Under Current Solo 8 (8 Gallon Bucket)

current-culture-h2o-under-current-solo-8-main.jpg

Includes
    • 8 Gallon "Blackout Series" Growth Modules
    • CCH20 8" Heavy Duty Lids with Port Hole
    • CCH20 8" Heavy Duty Net Pots
    • Drain Valve Kit
    • SS7 Air Pump
    • Air Hose
    • Grow Stone Grow Medium (FREE)

It should all be here within the next week or two. Now I need to pick which 2 Strains I should grow. I am looking for high yielders. I will post some pics once I have it set-up. Any suggestions on strains are welcome

Cheers,
~mandalaman

mandalaman

mandalaman

Just put up the tent yesterday. I like the size and the quality it's a good deal for the price. It took about 15min to setup with one person. Nice and easy. Now I wait for the lights and the buckets. They should be here this week.

http://i.invalid.com/jjcg5SHh.jpg
edit: cannot seem to get the picture above to work.

I am not sure what to run for a base Nute. I have ordered a sample of OSA/28 and mammothP and plan on using those two to supplement. I am considering MaxiBloom powder or FloraNova Bloom but am open to suggestions. Previously I have used Nectar for the Gods (soil grow) but it is my understanding those are better suited for soil.

mandalaman

mandalaman

So after a good amount of reading, and quite frankly thanks to @PhatNuggz again (Hail Hydro) this is what I am thinking of running for nutes. Any thoughts or critiques? Anything I should add (Calcium, Magnesium?)

PhatNuggz: Any thoughts on 2-part vs 3-part from Emerald Harvest?

Base Nutrients:
EMERALD HARVEST
CALI PRO | PROFESSIONAL 2-PART BASE NUTRIENT SERIES

Supplements:
OSA/28
Deep6
ColonyX
mammothP

mandalaman

mandalaman

Making my first organic grow using Sierra Natural Science products. 5 - 6 weeks into veg, so far, so good. Good luck on your end, keep `em green and growin`.
Thank you! And good luck with yours :)

The light and the grow buckets have come in, and I have set them up. Here are some pics:

Buckets
Light
Tent

Still up in the air on the base nutes :opps: might end up with Heavy 16 as there is a local place near me that carries it, and I believe the Plant Science Concepts team gives a nod to Heavy 16. I sent an e-mail to Emerald Harvest a few days ago with a couple questions and have gotten no response, so I am not terribly inclined to go that route anymore.

One question I do have is on the supplements.

@osa28 maybe you can chime in. Is the ColonyX redundant/uneeded in the grow I am running? Or will/should it help? Given the following supplements am I being redundant anywhere and/or missing anything important (Tonic,Sugar,CalMag)?

Base Nutes + OSA/28,Deep6,ColonyX,MammothP

Again, completely inexperienced with Hyrdo.

Now I am just working on getting some cuts. My original plan fell through. It looks like I may have access to Candyland and White Alien Fire in the next couple weeks and a nice M.O.B. cut in around the same time period. So I am likely a couple weeks from getting this thing actually started!

Thank you so much.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

So after a good amount of reading, and quite frankly thanks to @PhatNuggz again (Hail Hydro) this is what I am thinking of running for nutes. Any thoughts or critiques? Anything I should add (Calcium, Magnesium?)

PhatNuggz: Any thoughts on 2-part vs 3-part from Emerald Harvest?

Base Nutrients:
EMERALD HARVEST
CALI PRO | PROFESSIONAL 2-PART BASE NUTRIENT SERIES

Supplements:
OSA/28
Deep6
ColonyX
mammothP

In the beginning there's more than enough to stay on top of. I would use a simple 2 part, or even Hydroponic Research V + B, a one part that works really well (and can be used throughout), at least for veg- early flower, then switch to EH 2 part bloom + their supplements

Sorry to hear the lack of response. I let the pres know

mandalaman

mandalaman

In the beginning there's more than enough to stay on top of. I would use a simple 2 part, or even Hydroponic Research V + B, a one part that works really well (and can be used throughout), at least for veg- early flower, then switch to EH 2 part bloom + their supplements

Sorry to hear the lack of response. I let the pres know

Yesterday I stopped by the local hydro store. I ended up grabbing the Heavy16 Veg A/B and Heavy Foliar. In addition he gave me a free sample of MammothP. So I will use those three as well as the OSA/28, Deep 6 and (maybe) ColonyX. Any thoughts on that mix? Is the ColonyX redundant with the MammothP? The guy at the hydro store (who is awesome) thought Heavy16 was overpriced and recommended Remo. But ultimately after talking for a bit he hooked it up with a nice discount and I grabbed the nutes and a couple other misc items.

The Emerald Harvest team got ahold of me via messenger today and actually offered me a nice discount code to use on their nutes. Which was appreciated. But I had just grabbed the Heavy16 last night.

Picture below. And if anyone has critiques suggestions etc please let me know. I'm all ears. This is my first run with Hydro :)

IMG 2563
IMG 2563
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

sorry, no clue. too many nutes, all with the same schtick. i was about to go with RAW when I met the honcho from EH, who hooked me up with a starter kit. I now buy it

I emailed him about not getting back to you. Lots of shows, fell through the cracks, blah, blah...

just noticed you have the lenses on. they are way too intense for tent growers. Burned the crap out of my flowering leafs

mandalaman

mandalaman

sorry, no clue. too many nutes, all with the same schtick. i was about to go with RAW when I met the honcho from EH, who hooked me up with a starter kit. I now buy it

I emailed him about not getting back to you. Lots of shows, fell through the cracks, blah, blah...

just noticed you have the lenses on. they are way too intense for tent growers. Burned the crap out of my flowering leafs

Nice advice!!!! Thank you very much. I was unsure whether to put the lenses on or off.

I have read ~40 pages of the 47 page Heavy 16 Nute Superthread. I am excited to try them out. The Plant Science Concepts team (OSA/28 etc) actually mentioned Heavy 16 to me. In addition the Plant Science Concepts team told me that MammothP and ColonyX may very well be redundant (which I had an inkling might be that case). Has anyone had experience using both products?

I also just picked up this RO system from www.PureWaterClub.com. The price can't be beat. $67 free shipping for a 100GPD, 4 stage, 0ppm (ideally) RO filtration system. Now all I am waiting on is securing the cuts I am going to run :)

POQ-4B-100.JPG

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nice advice!!!! Thank you very much. I was unsure whether to put the lenses on or off.

I have read ~40 pages of the 47 page Heavy 16 Nute Superthread. I am excited to try them out. The Plant Science Concepts team (OSA/28 etc) actually mentioned Heavy 16 to me. In addition the Plant Science Concepts team told me that MammothP and ColonyX may very well be redundant (which I had an inkling might be that case). Has anyone had experience using both products?

I also just picked up this RO system from www.PureWaterClub.com. The price can't be beat. $67 free shipping for a 100GPD, 4 stage, 0ppm (ideally) RO filtration system. Now all I am waiting on is securing the cuts I am going to run :)

POQ-4B-100.JPG

I doubt seriously you will gt anywhere near 5 g a day. You think led companies fudge their data lol

You need a booster pump to get anywhere near 75g/day, but that means IF the unit were processing water 24/7. Lots of deceptive information. I bought mine from iSpring ( I should have gotten the 100g/d, but it's not too bad
https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-RCC7...d=1466169520&sr=8-34&keywords=reverse+osmosis

mandalaman

mandalaman

I doubt seriously you will gt anywhere near 5 g a day. You think led companies fudge their data lol

You need a booster pump to get anywhere near 75g/day, but that means IF the unit were processing water 24/7. Lots of deceptive information. I bought mine from iSpring ( I should have gotten the 100g/d, but it's not too bad

https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-RCC7...d=1466169520&sr=8-34&keywords=reverse+osmosis

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The system I linked is allegedly good for 100GPD. Are you suggesting that I will struggle to get even 5 Gallons Per Day with the unit? Have you had any experience with the PureWaterClub products? At $67 it's not going to be a tremendous loss if it doesn't work as advertised.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I was in the water treatment business for 5+ years

IF you have a separate room for your grow with water and drain, you could simply run the ro into say a 5-10 gallon canister, and add a toilet bowl float valve to shut it off

When using the standard 2-3g tank, it stops making water when the tank is full, so until you you drain it down, it stops

mandalaman

mandalaman

I was in the water treatment business for 5+ years

IF you have a separate room for your grow with water and drain, you could simply run the ro into say a 5-10 gallon canister, and add a toilet bowl float valve to shut it off

When using the standard 2-3g tank, it stops making water when the tank is full, so until you you drain it down, it stops
I was thinking of getting a large 55gal drum with a float valve. Would the RO water keep in the 55gal drum for a good while?

Top Bottom