mandalaman

mandalaman

IMG 2610
IMG 2607
IMG 2602
IMG 2609
Hello, couple of updates.

Got the filter and ducting in place.
RO filter came in and water is testing at 0ppm.
Grow store hooked me up with samples of full Heavy line.
GG#4 clones x 2 arriving tomorrow.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Some updates. Some awesome stem action going on with one guy. Looks like he's bending over matrix style (allegedly they're both GG4, who knows, they look rather different - but that could just be me butchering them. Also some pics of Amnesia x 2 and BSC and SBxCK. Thanks for stopping by :)

IMG 2796
IMG 2797
IMG 2798
IMG 3105
IMG 2799
IMG 2802
IMG 2800
IMG 2791
IMG 2806
IMG 2788

IMG 2802
Last edited:
mandalaman

mandalaman

@PhatNuggz these are under an Amare SE250 :) I like the light but future lights I'll just build out myself. I've always kept both switches on. There's no labeling on the switches. I'm assuming they are designed to both be on at all time? Or is the Red/Blue a supplement designed for flower?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

@PhatNuggz these are under an Amare SE250 :) I like the light but future lights I'll just build out myself. I've always kept both switches on. There's no labeling on the switches. I'm assuming they are designed to both be on at all time? Or is the Red/Blue a supplement designed for flower?

I questioned that too. You can use the ring lights for vegging/cloning then switch, but leaving both on works too, maybe better. I think there's less stretch

Current DIY is pretty simple, and amazing (have you check out Quantum Boards?), but I'm ok with spending an extra hundred for pre-built, and excellent warranty

mandalaman

mandalaman

I questioned that too. You can use the ring lights for vegging/cloning then switch, but leaving both on works too, maybe better. I think there's less stretch

Current DIY is pretty simple, and amazing (have you check out Quantum Boards?), but I'm ok with spending an extra hundred for pre-built, and excellent warranty
I'm with you there. An extra hundred on 400w or more wouldn't sway me. I haven't found a nice prebuilt in that window though.

I haven't looked at the quantum boards yet, unless those are the boards Cree used in their trial against Gavita. But I know @REALSTYLES is working on something using them. I will be very interested in what they go for once he has everything ready.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

I'm with you there. An extra hundred on 400w or more wouldn't sway me. I haven't found a nice prebuilt in that window though.

I haven't looked at the quantum boards yet, unless those are the boards Cree used in their trial against Gavita. But I know @REALSTYLES is working on something using them. I will be very interested in what they go for once he has everything ready.
I'm testing a 500w UL listed light that uses Meanwell drivers

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thank you! And good luck with yours :)

The light and the grow buckets have come in, and I have set them up. Here are some pics:

View attachment 643571 View attachment 643572 View attachment 643573

Still up in the air on the base nutes :opps: might end up with Heavy 16 as there is a local place near me that carries it, and I believe the Plant Science Concepts team gives a nod to Heavy 16. I sent an e-mail to Emerald Harvest a few days ago with a couple questions and have gotten no response, so I am not terribly inclined to go that route anymore.

One question I do have is on the supplements.

@osa28 maybe you can chime in. Is the ColonyX redundant/uneeded in the grow I am running? Or will/should it help? Given the following supplements am I being redundant anywhere and/or missing anything important (Tonic,Sugar,CalMag)?

Base Nutes + OSA/28,Deep6,ColonyX,MammothP

Again, completely inexperienced with Hyrdo.

Now I am just working on getting some cuts. My original plan fell through. It looks like I may have access to Candyland and White Alien Fire in the next couple weeks and a nice M.O.B. cut in around the same time period. So I am likely a couple weeks from getting this thing actually started!

Thank you so much.
Not a bad start on your setup right from the get go.. !
You have good instincts. And good taste in equipment. Not to mention it takes some kohonnas to invest a stack in a pipe dream... literally speaking of course :)

mandalaman

mandalaman

Some updates, from my other tent:
@rmoltis Should I transplant up the 2 plants you can see in the bottom of the last picture? Fan leaves are huge and blocking out light on the new growth tips I have from topping. I have tried tucking them and it's not working great. The leaves have a kind of crispy gritty texture, almost dry. Thoughts?

Sour Girl F2 from @Krypto
FullSizeRender

Amnesia Haze 1 - Personal Soil Blend
FullSizeRender 1

Amnesia Haze 2 - Coast of Maine Stonington Blend
FullSizeRender 2

Boy Scout Cookies Bag Seed - Coco + Perlite
FullSizeRender 3
FullSizeRender 4

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Some updates, from my other tent:
@rmoltis Should I transplant up the 2 plants you can see in the bottom of the last picture? Fan leaves are huge and blocking out light on the new growth tips I have from topping. I have tried tucking them and it's not working great. The leaves have a kind of crispy gritty texture, almost dry. Thoughts?

Sour Girl F2 from @Krypto
View attachment 659191
Amnesia Haze 1 - Personal Soil Blend
View attachment 659192
Amnesia Haze 2 - Coast of Maine Stonington Blend
View attachment 659193
Boy Scout Cookies Bag Seed - Coco + Perlite
View attachment 659194 View attachment 659195

It's hard to judge without seeing the roots.

I personally have been transplanting once the training of my plants extends past the pot lip. This usually gives ample time for the roots to fill the pot. Then once transplanted they get tied back down.

When training bushes the root systems can grow very quickly I've noticed. As the vegetation multiplies so does the rate of root growth. The Beast had about 5 days in between each transplant and her roots filled each pot. Up potting her on time gave her a huge growth advantage over the #3 plant born at the same time but left in a smaller final pot.

Another sign to up pot is when you find yourself needing to water more frequently than you'd like.

But really you have the best ability to Guage this. So let us know what you decide :)

But with how much space I see.
I personally would grow less but in much bigger final pots. I've noticed larger soil pots seem to buffer nutritional deficiencies and toxicity 's. Plants seem to grow in healthier and more lush vs plants confined to pots too small.

mandalaman

mandalaman

It's hard to judge without seeing the roots.

I personally have been transplanting once the training of my plants extends past the pot lip. This usually gives ample time for the roots to fill the pot. Then once transplanted they get tied back down.

When training bushes the root systems can grow very quickly I've noticed. As the vegetation multiplies so does the rate of root growth. The Beast had about 5 days in between each transplant and her roots filled each pot. Up potting her on time gave her a huge growth advantage over the #3 plant born at the same time but left in a smaller final pot.

Another sign to up pot is when you find yourself needing to water more frequently than you'd like.

But really you have the best ability to Guage this. So let us know what you decide :)

But with how much space I see.
I personally would grow less but in much bigger final pots. I've noticed larger soil pots seem to buffer nutritional deficiencies and toxicity 's. Plants seem to grow in healthier and more lush vs plants confined to pots too small.
Nice! Yeah I mean the roots have been poking out of the bottom of the AirPot for several days now, so I imagine the root mass is good. Maybe I will try and take care of that tonight.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nice! Yeah I mean the roots have been poking out of the bottom of the AirPot for several days now, so I imagine the root mass is good. Maybe I will try and take care of that tonight.

Once the roots can hold the soil Mass together when the plant is removed from its pot. Is another good sign for me it's time to transplant.

So your roots poking out the bottom is a good sign.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Some updates/pictures from last night. Im going to take some more in a few and I'll try to get them up later.

I moved out the solo buckets and moved in my diy RDWC system. I'm going to have to train them differently based on the setup. I'll see how they go one day at a time. A couple days ago i accidentally cracked one of the stems. The entire branch has gone limp/dead usually they'll come back but this one has been limp longer than usual without usual signs of recovering.

I'm rambling any questions just ask! Thanks for stopping by and any tricks/tips/recommendations/critiques are very much appreciated and never taken personally !!!

IMG 2877
IMG 2875
IMG 2876
IMG 2879
IMG 2878
IMG 2881
IMG 2880

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Some updates/pictures from last night. Im going to take some more in a few and I'll try to get them up later.

I moved out the solo buckets and moved in my diy RDWC system. I'm going to have to train them differently based on the setup. I'll see how they go one day at a time. A couple days ago i accidentally cracked one of the stems. The entire branch has gone limp/dead usually they'll come back but this one has been limp longer than usual without usual signs of recovering.

I'm rambling any questions just ask! Thanks for stopping by and any tricks/tips/recommendations/critiques are very much appreciated and never taken personally !!!

View attachment 659326 View attachment 659327 View attachment 659328 View attachment 659329 View attachment 659330 View attachment 659331 View attachment 659332
U have prob lost that branch bub.. You should of or still could try, to tape it where the break is..

mandalaman

mandalaman

Ok, here are some pics from just now. I tried to get more detail of the branch I had a snapsident with. :cool:

Group shot
IMG 2903

Look at the muscles on her
IMG 2910

This is where the stem snapped .. I think they might snap back but maybe one more day and we know for sure?
IMG 2907
IMG 2908
IMG 2906

IMG 2909

Right one
IMG 2904

Left one

IMG 2917

mandalaman

mandalaman

Now some more random photos I took just now.

Boy Scout Cookies coco
IMG 2893

Amnesia Haze - getting these weird orange patches which look like they'll turn necrotic on me. I raised the light up a little bit. They were in the light without a fan for a few hours last night. What do you think @EventHorizan and @rmoltis ?
IMG 2897
IMG 2896
IMG 2895

IMG 2894

Look who decided to join the party @Krypto Sour Girl #2. #3 still hasnt popped and #1 is a couple pics down :)
IMG 2924

Roots from BSC
IMG 2918

Roots from SBxCK
IMG 2922
IMG 2920

#1 out of the gates first
IMG 2925

And this guy, planted 12/23 is just now coming around ... Slow poke. I lost the other 2 Blood Rose I popped.

IMG 2902

Top Bottom