RDWC brown root problems????

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

This seems to be your MO medi. Plus youve called for bans in 5 separate threads on different people. Including the one in the other guys signature. Also I heard a rumor you were banned from ICMag too? I can see why your so fast to call for the banhammer.

that was ucmenow that got shitcanned from the mag;)
I posted there yesterday.

but yeah that just demonstrates how well you convey facts, you just say whatever.. fuck it, If u don't know just make some shit up, huh

P

primeform

it was a rumor not a fact... So you denied it and its over. It was other information then that UCMENOW post for the record.

M

MediMary

so your spreading rumors without even taking 30 seconds to check your facts....
just like your hygrozyme pitch..

it was a rumor not a fact... So your denying that you were banned because this was other information then the ucmenow post.

P

primeform

so your spreading rumors without even taking 30 seconds to check your facts....
just like your hygrozyme pitch..

your pretty good i gotta say. you can truly piss with the best of em!

Its not spreading a rumor if you say its a RUMOR tho.

A

amstercal

I actually don't agree with banning Primeform. I didn't see him insult anyone where he wasn't insulted first. Personally I don't think someone should get banned for a difference of opinion, even an annoying one. I do agree with Shady that poor gettgrow has been threadjacked. I guess if that's a bannable offense? And...

Primeform: Why are you so persistent? You got soooooo upset about the igrowslime thing. Why? Unless you have a relationship with hygrozyme of any kind why would this bother you so much? I didn't see an answer to my previous question about where you got that info about how it was developed. Your outrage and refusal to back down is either motivated by a financial relationship or indicative of an immature inability to not respond. I wouldn't have thought it was the latter based on other better posts I've seen you make. So again, why does igrowslime make you sooooo angry? And why is your copying and pasting from other growers (without even a reference to who they are) and other websites better info than the info from the people here who have run rdwc and run hygrozyme?

I've run and seen others run hygrozyme with no adverse effects, but your advice, even the qualified advice of waiting till he gets rid of the rot to use it, is not great advice. How will he know when his res is truly dead? Unless he planned on disassembling and cleaning it, being able to get it all seems optimistic. And let's say he does, if his res is truly dead and he has a chiller at 62 that means no "rot" can grow, then why would he even need hygrozyme? Let the dead roots hang out or cut some of them out or whatever, if they can't, in your copy-and-pasted opinion, cause more rot at 62 degrees?

I'm actually hoping you won't respond to any of this and will just let it go as you have no direct knowledge of running it in rdwc of your own, despite your very very vocal comments. And insulting the mods is probably not the quickest way to make friends here, but maybe that is not your goal.

Back to the topic of hygrozyme in general, aren't bacteria and fungi and all the other great things that cause root rot highly specialized organisms that adapt to their environment quickly? Wouldn't it be safe to assume that different parts of the world, like California and Canada, would have different organisms that liked different conditions etc? That what works for a grower in Canada concerning managing root rot might not work exactly for one in California? Hell, I'd consider that some of the nasties prefer different strains over others. Shit evolves quickly. See Chemotrops. Bacteria is a specialization machine.

true grit

true grit

everybody quit being babies. Its the internet if you don't like something- go to another thread and ignore it. jeez you people act like its hard to not pay attention to people you don't know or like - ON THE INTERNET. Its ridiculous. And ban hammer isn't the answer to everything people. Its called being a normal adult and moving the fuck on.

If this thread continues on with the bickering it will be closed. I expect to see only informational posts about the topic from here on out.

S

smokestack23

WOW...I checked out this thread at it's inception and just now returned and started reading from the last page. I only made it to page nine.

I think that if everyone tries to look through all the urine, there isn't really an argument. In what'shisface's pasted post..well in one of them, it says something like..SOME people have had success getting rid of something using hygrozyme but that it's really used as a preventative.

Now...I run sterile reses and don't want any organic life in them. Hygrozyme contributes to organic activity and I don't want that. That's just me though..personally I don't think the words hydroponic and organic should even be used in the same sentence let alone the same res. I also don't get using enzymes after adding sterilizers (killers) but..whatever.

The point is that it is "reported" that Hygrozyme, used as a preventative, will inhibit root pathogens. Well that could very well be true. I'm pretty sure that when I started researching DWC and RDWC many people were suggesting HZ..you know..to allegedly breaking down dead roots and turn them into organic nutrients. It sure seemed like those people were successful using Hygrozyme. Shit..when I went to buy supplies for my first RDWC system, Hygrozyme was near the top of my shopping list but..the shop didnt have any. Dude recommended Cannazyme saying it was the same thing. well..that wasnt good enough..I wanted the real thing. Looks like God had my back cause I never DID manage to get a hold of any enzymes.

Now we all hear horror stories about Hygroslyme. It IS possible that all these bad reports come from people who already had pathogens...or were predisposed to have them. Like I said..Hygroslyme...DAMN..I didnt even mean that..Hygrozyme themselves, in that pasted ad dude posted, even say it is to be used as a preventative and they go as far as to carefully say that there have been rare cases where HZ has actually "cured" some root problems.

So...it seems like maybe everyone actually sort of agrees. Hygrozyme is just about the LAST thing you want to add to a res once it has problems...but...if you have NO problems, HZ might not actually CAUSE any.

Again..I just generally have a problem adding anything to my sterile (dead) reses that says organic on the container.

To the OP...don't use HZ to try to fix slime. Sterile reses (and cool ones) will prevent most pathogens. Just about the only thing they wont keep away..or fix..is the brown algae. For that use benes like Great White or an EWC tea with GW or ZHO and Aquashield.

Good entertaining read though...for a WHILE..then it just got boring and repetitive. Peace, love, and granola everyone!

S

smokestack23

DOH!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I fell for it. I shoulda KNOWN no one would be stupid enough to argue so hard over nothing. PHEW!!!

G

gettogro

Well Im starting to see some new root growth now, Even seeing some white hairs popping out of the old roots. Plants drank 15 gallons over the past few days which is an improvement, ppms dropped 40 over night. They arent growing that fast but they still look healthy. I think I might make it. :)

I just transplanted new plants into my other flower room. I hope I dont get the same problem in there. I cleaned the shit out of it.

Flushed and shop vac'ed with tap
Ran full 12 hours 1/2 gallon bleach
flushed and vac'ed tap
Ran 300ml 29% h2o2 4 hours
Water change ran Physan 20 15ml 12 hours
Scrubbed with scothbright
Water change twice
Filled with RO water added DM ZONE ran 12 hours
Added base nutes 500ppm
adjust ph 5.8
Matched res temp 65
2 1k mh up high

Moved plants to new home

Here is what the roots look like now
01339.JPG

00950.JPG
01146.JPG
00853.JPG
photo43.jpg

Ill report progress in a couple days

G

gettogro

krusty had kolas as big if not bigger than DD and never yeilded over 3.5lbs a plant and his were 5ftx5ft wide, somehow DD does it on a 3.5ft plant.

Its the mysterious Un available G13 4lb strain

If you know about krusty buckets from the ACTUAL OG thread then you really are an oldschooler. But you probably have just read about krusty buckets since. I remember my cousin running the krusty buckets a decade ago with ak47 cherry pheno with a 400 watt light manually swapped back and forth between 2 rooms every 12 hours to maximze his light LOL.

I ran the krusty system 8 years ago just straight GH 3 part, There was no hygroslime, roots excel, anyzyme, bennes, great white,PK boosters, none of this additiional crap. Res temp set at Krusty's recomended 72, never had root issues
Regularly pulled 2 lbs per light. Ran 12 plants 6 kw vert. Cheapest DIY mag ballasts, Sylvania HPS streetlights. I also had journals on OG way back in the day.

:evilgrin0040:
olp_082.jpg
olp_130.jpg
olp_129.jpg
olp_082.jpg
olp_077.jpg
olp_080.jpg

user13818_pic227402_1259114877.jpg

2 gallon zips
12.5 6kw

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Fuck yeah brah!!! Way to bounce back proper... I'm diggin' the OG king clowning with fat trees... :cool

P

primeform

So now the truth comes out getto! your a hardened krusty veteren. I was astonished at your results last round when I thought it was your first time switching to this system. You deserve all the success and white roots you can find bro! Keep rockin that DM zone and low rez temps. if they are making your roots go back to white i wouldnt change a thing. Cant wait to see how you do with your next room.

jordanthegreat

jordanthegreat

Glad to see that PHYSAN 20 knockin that shit outta your root zone bruh, and big ups on those huge sites on that system of yours. I rember reading this when searching how to fix my own slime problem, chlorine is highly effective against the pythium that eat the dead root material in your root zone at a concentration of around 2ppm. It will not do anything to the algae except to eliminate all of the competing micro organisms making it easier to come back even faster. This probably won't apply to you since the active ingredient in zone is chloramine not sodium hypochlorite, but repeated applications of chlorine bleach to sterilize nutrient solutions will inevitably raise the sodium content of the solution to unfavorable levels. All in all im pretty sure that you will do phenomenally with those trash can trees! keep it clickin mane!

oh yea, how do those uniseals work out on round containers. heard mixed things...

G

gettogro

looks like we made a full recovery. Just flipped them day 1 of 12 12
:party0045::party0045:
roote_recovery.jpg
recovery.jpg

Thanks for all the advise, help, and amusement..

Peace
g

greendreams

greendreams

i first thought i was caught reading an endless, somewhat pointless thread. but after these pics, the whole trip was worth it. nice run ghettogro

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

looks like we made a full recovery. Just flipped them day 1 of 12 12
:party0045::party0045:

Whew!! Way to go Gettogro!

You really did the 1-2-3 cleaning punch routine on that system. If it isn't sterile after all that, you are gonna need something nuclear strength :D

After this run proves it's recovery, please do a summary thread on your treatment and observations on how to save your plant in RDWC for the many people who also run into this kinda crap situation.

Keep up the great work.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

G

gettogro

Thanks guys, Im thinking zone is the way to go. I am seeing explosive root growth now. Zone is way cheaper than multizyme and roots excelurator. Im not going to debate what works better, but it seems to be working great for me this run.

This is the same plant as above 3 days later :confused0054:
00370.JPG
00670.JPG
00467.JPG
00257.JPG

A

amstercal

Glad to see it looking great. Cool you posted back, especially after all that.

Top Bottom