Real HipHop Junkiez Thread

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

First off if i posted this in wrong section plz move it.

Id like to see what some of the rest of yas are listening too my play list is pretty much comprised mostly from the Old Skool East coast, some west coast(everyone bumped that old chronic album from east to west!) Not much new coast stuff lol.
Mostly DasEfx,Krs1,Erik Surmon,Kieth Murray, GANGSTARR, The Wu and many more so ill start it off with some cappadonna Run.
This is a big ass site should be very diverse cant wait to see what yall r bangin. Blow it up.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Ima HHH(HIP HOP HEAD). Uncle used to produce for wu.. Diehard Wu fan. .As of now. None of these new cats make sense so im mostly listening to old Rakim and Erik b.. A lot of ghostface his supreme clientele album. And i KEEP o.d.b. second album in the car! Peace!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yup thats where its all at man should post up some vids @Gamrstwin36 i kinda started the thread so i could have some good beats to listen to while browseing the Pr0n here lol i pretty much grew up everything east coast from 85-95 man i missed alot of rappers in there hopefully i see some videos posted but ill be posting them myself.
Peace

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

For sure @Gamrstwin36 man the wutang is comprised of a bunch of intelligent individuals thats for sure. Very lucrative business minded peeps if ya dont know he produced the kill bill movie soundtrax that says too much on its own but thats only a tiny notch in there belt. Its funny i run into another head in here and its like ur right around the corner lol!

Ill be back with some Rzavsdjmuggs man most peeps dont even know about it!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Lol im gonna have to holler at u next show bro!
Heres that Wutang and Cypress Hill collaboration instant classic this whole page is already classic man!

No doubt . I getting my health back up so this summer i can hit a FEW shows.. Was offered to go on tour with ti and a few other artist last yr but my legs wouldn't hold up. So this summer im WILD N FREE! THIS IS ONE OF FAVORITE DJS MUGGS IS THE MAN!!

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

hip-hop....didnt that die in the late 90's early 2000's?

well for me it did...i dont listen to any of it anymore...only the old stuff...i cant really stand alot of the new stuff thats out..i mean i go on WSHH and i can see 100 new rappers every day, none of which i wanna hear anything from....

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yea this thread is for the true hiphop junkiez out there @Joe Fresh i feel u man i dont think i have much on any of my playlists after like 98-00 but what where u and do u rockk from back in the days when hiphop was still hiphop?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

hip-hop....didnt that die in the late 90's early 2000's?

well for me it did...i dont listen to any of it anymore...only the old stuff...i cant really stand alot of the new stuff thats out..i mean i go on WSHH and i can see 100 new rappers every day, none of which i wanna hear anything from....

Exactly! See the issue is alot of inner city kids STILL believe rapping is the golden ticket outta the hood. So we have more idiots screaming (cuz it ain't hip hop) and calling it hip hop. Hell i grew up ina musical family and still never laid a track. Only if we could kidnap wack rappers smh

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

There are still great artists out there throwing down great rhymes. Screw anything you might hear on the radio... but I'm talking about B Dolan, Sage Francis, Brother Ali, Eyedea, Del, people under the stairs, etc, etc. Some really good stuff coming out locally here in CO, also. My buddy's crew "A Black Day" is opening up for Dilated Peoples at Cervantes in Denver on Feb 1. I'll be there.

I can always groove to some old Tribe, Pharcyde, old school Outkast,..

Anybody ever hear of the Goats? they came from Philly in the mid 90s. One of my favorites.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Exactly! See the issue is alot of inner city kids STILL believe rapping is the golden ticket outta the hood. So we have more idiots screaming (cuz it ain't hip hop) and calling it hip hop. Hell i grew up ina musical family and still never laid a track. Only if we could kidnap wack rappers smh

for me good hiphop is a mix of 3 things..well 4 if you include voice.....the rhyme has to be good....lyrics make all the difference....but what really separates rappers is the ability to match the syllables in their verse to the rhythm of the beat...which is something i always found biggie did exceptionally well

Top Bottom