Reasons for cupping/tacoing not related to heat or light?? Need help please.

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

it's tips, leaf margins, I always think potassium when looking at tips like that. If it was cal, it would be pushing it out the ends, I believe. Not along all the margins. There might be some magnesium involvement, possibly. But it sure looks like high potassium, or low potassium too me.
So leaning more toward dialling back again, like the post before this. That’s my usual method to dial back and let them sort out I just felt like this was a defic. I guess I will see if any change comes about.. next step is Definetly dialling g back the nutes if she doesn’t snap back from the higher feed. Lights will go up higher tomorrow too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got nothing more to add but to just reiterate my opinion that it is light. O don't know how mNy hrs of light they are getting but I would keep the light at 3ft above the plants try to keep room temps around 75f during lights on and water you coco like coco not soil.

Honestly read this of your growing in coco. Then read the one after if you want to have a better understanding of why coco is so different than soil.

Or anyone else that wants to understand how any amendments affect our watering practices.

But most importantly COCO IS NOT SOIL.

Blakeja

Blakeja

Use an IR temp gun to check leaves. Now that the light is backed off they may be ok but we still don't know how many hours of lights on and off you have.

2 ft was definitely definitely to close and I can almost promise the leaf temps were over 80f and likely by a fair bit.

Never even thought to do this before, I will pick one up tomorrow 80 is the optimum I’m guessing?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So leaning more toward dialling back again, like the post before this. That’s my usual method to dial back and let them sort out I just felt like this was a defic. I guess I will see if any change comes about.. next step is Definetly dialling g back the nutes if she doesn’t snap back from the higher feed. Lights will go up higher tomorrow too.
Yes, What you want to do is learn how to see those stress symptoms in real time, understand what's happening, (or not) and make adjustments in real time, ride out that stress response, then you won't have what you currently see. All that damage is by one thing being out of line, but still under full light. If you would have taken it back a notch at first glance, you wouldn't have progressed to this point. Possibly.

You could have recalibrated it. First things first is always to pull back. Then start looking for causes, cause you might think it's one thing, but you'd be wrong, and that would be double bad. It's like rebooting a computer IMO. Plants need it. Especially at certain developmental stages, anyhow.

Blakeja

Blakeja

At 2 ft... after looking this over I'm all but certain that was the issue but again still no info on the lights on and off. Hard to recommend without info.

And remember damaged leaves will not get better only worse so only look at new growth. Don't look for leaves to get better because they wont
Sorry I keep forgetting light cycle is 12/12

damaged leafs won’t get better but wouldn’t the tacoing and cupping flatten out ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If that doesn't make the brain hurt follow those up with this and your all set.

Unless you have PH issues then you want this.

And now I'm smiling because I just saved myself days of explanation like unused to spend so I decided to put en into posts so I can just link.

I'm off to celebrate with a 🚬

Blakeja

Blakeja

Yes, What you want to do is learn how to see those stress symptoms in real time, understand what's happening, (or not) and make adjustments in real time, ride out that stress response, then you won't have what you currently see. All that damage is by one thing being out of line, but still under full light. If you would have taken it back a notch at first glance, you wouldn't have progressed to this point. Possibly.

You could have recalibrated it. First things first is always to pull back. Then start looking for causes, cause you might think it's one thing, but you'd be wrong, and that would be double bad. It's like rebooting a computer IMO. Plants need it. Especially at certain developmental stages, anyhow.

I guess my thought process was if it was a defic then I would be making things worse no?..

btw thanks so much for taking the time to help out invaluable time I don’t take for granted I will re read all these posts tomorrow in further detail 👍 same goes for @Aqua Man .

Blakeja

Blakeja

If that doesn't make the brain hurt follow those up with this and your all set.

Unless you have PH issues then you want this.

And now I'm smiling because I just saved myself days of explanation like unused to spend so I decided to put en into posts so I can just link.

I'm off to celebrate with a 🚬

i will have to read tomorrow getting late here. Thanks again for all the help and information my brain will be drained after reading all that lol. Enjoy the smoke. 👍

the light cycle is 12/12 because I’m flowering why would I want 18/6? I’m confused.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i will have to read tomorrow getting late here. Thanks again for all the help and information my brain will be drained after reading all that lol. Enjoy the smoke. 👍

the light cycle is 12/12 because I’m flowering why would I want 18/6? I’m confused.
That's ok my crayons just a bit scrambled. Back em off to 3ft correct and slowly advance them once fixed. This will take around 5 days to see of things will be corrected.

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

Id say the cupping is due to humidity too low.. Try upping the humidity and pointing the fan flow towards a wall and not directly at the leaves. shoot for 55% humidity. I had a similar situation and once I upped the humidity and redirected fan flow the cupping stopped within less than an hour. As for the burns I would say a little too much nutrients and the leaves look dark green like they had too much nitrogen... Just try it and watch the leaves stop cupping, then you will know if its the humidity... It was to low humidity for my plants, they eventually adjusted once I got into flower and they ran low humidity (40 to 45%) without any more issues...Trial and error and the troubleshooting punch list...The strain probably has something to do with it also... My plants are really sensitive to humidity levels and react with cupping when it is too low...

Top Bottom