RECIPES FOR SUCCESS>

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thought I would start a thread here on the formulas farmers have used with success from veg through flower.

Here is my latest:

VEG:

jacks hydro: 2 grams/ gal
CaNO3: 3 grams/ gal
MKP: .16 grams/gal
0-0-50 sulfate of potash with 17% sulfer: .5 grams/ gal
MOST with sulfer: 0.1 grams per gallon
Epsom salt: between .7 and 1 gram per gallon

I am not running CaCl2 anymore because I am running bennies, but you can add 0.1 grams per gallon to boost Ca and add Cl for all phases of growth.

I run this through end of stretch. For very young plants freshly rooted to about 1-2 week old, I run this at 50%. I add A-1 nutrients ROOts add 3ml/ gallon to every change out.

Flower weeks 4 and 5:

Jacks hydro: 2.5 grams/gal
CaNO3: 2.1 grams/ gal
MKP: .4 grams/ gal
0-0-50 sulfate of potash with 17% sulfer: 1 gram/gal
MOST with sulfer: 0.1 gram/gallon

Weeks 6/7:

I run the above formula @ 50% and add MOAB @ 1 good teaspoon per 5 gallons, the less aggressive recommended dose.

first half of week 8: flower formula again at 75% strength.

Second half of week 8 to first half week 9 flush.

Last run with purple K I used this exact formula, I did 5 under 3 600's. personal record. Used my bennies once a week as well through the whole cycle.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

hey cap, kinda OT from the thread, I can delete this if you want. I was wondering if you could help me w/ dyna-gro bloom, my buddy has the 3-12-6, I have cal-nit, pottasium-silicate and can purchase the sulfate of potash, would these salts be able to balance out the ratios from 3-12-6 to ~3-1-4? if so what ratios would I be using them at? thanks in advance, for any help.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
PM me so we can keep this thread clean.

whats the guaranteed analysis on the dyna grow? I dont have a bottle handy...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
nevermind I looked it up.

Approx 3 grams cano3, 3.5 ml dyna bloom, 1.5 grams 0-0-50 K2so4, and 1.25 grams of epsom salt will be a 3-1-4 and looks good to me. Try to figure out how to use the nute calc downloaded from cannastats. it will change your game.

add the silica via protekt as a liquid 1 ml per gallon before you add anythign else.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Thanks a lot cap, your the man. Sorry about hijacking the thread, I would like to add my old recipe for success since you've helped me see the light and I will be switching to dry nutes very soon.
House-Garden aqua flakes veg+flower
A+B 5-8ml/gal depending on veg or flower
1-4ml protekt
40-80 ppm's of koolbloom/shooting powder last 2-3 weeks

I've been trying to learn the calculator, I can enter the values into the chart but I get lost when trying to add multiple products to get a certain ratio. My math and chemistry is rusty, I'll keep at it till I get it.

Resinable

Resinable

Thanks for sharing your formula and putting it in this concise, easy to find format. I know you posted most of this before in another thread but now I won't have to hunt it down. I will be running something like this as soon as I use up the last of my H&G Aqua Flakes.

I believe this formula is for RO water? My tap water is low ppm (100) so I'm wondering if the extra MOST would be appropriate for me?

Also, if remember correctly you are in recirculating top drip and MPBs? I am currently in coco perlite and wondering if I need to make any modifications to the formula for my medium? More CAl and Mag maybe? Although I thought I read yosemite Sam had great success in coco with just Jack's Pro and Cal Nit so maybe not?

Thanks again for being so generous in sharing this info.

Reactions: mal
Coloradofrost

Coloradofrost

Where is a good place too source the Mkp and the 0-0-50 sulfate? And do you add something to the j r peters most?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks a lot cap, your the man. Sorry about hijacking the thread, I would like to add my old recipe for success since you've helped me see the light and I will be switching to dry nutes very soon.
House-Garden aqua flakes veg+flower
A+B 5-8ml/gal depending on veg or flower
1-4ml protekt
40-80 ppm's of koolbloom/shooting powder last 2-3 weeks

I've been trying to learn the calculator, I can enter the values into the chart but I get lost when trying to add multiple products to get a certain ratio. My math and chemistry is rusty, I'll keep at it till I get it.

The excel spreadsheet does this for you. You need to enter all values on the first tab, that's it.

Thanks for sharing your formula and putting it in this concise, easy to find format. I know you posted most of this before in another thread but now I won't have to hunt it down. I will be running something like this as soon as I use up the last of my H&G Aqua Flakes.

I believe this formula is for RO water? My tap water is low ppm (100) so I'm wondering if the extra MOST would be appropriate for me?

Also, if remember correctly you are in recirculating top drip and MPBs? I am currently in coco perlite and wondering if I need to make any modifications to the formula for my medium? More CAl and Mag maybe? Although I thought I read yosemite Sam had great success in coco with just Jack's Pro and Cal Nit so maybe not?

Thanks again for being so generous in sharing this info.

No prob. Hopefully other can chime in here as well with what works for them. All brands.
I forgot to mention I use the shit out of A-1 nutrients roots all the way through end of stretch per recommended dosage. Get your tap water tested or look online your provider should list the analysis. I learned a shitload from yosemite sam at ICmag. He was doing jacks and moved to raw salts as well. Jacks is a good start, but like he said after a while you want to play, and jacks is limiting when it come sto fucking with ratios.

Where is a good place too source the Mkp and the 0-0-50 sulfate? And do you add something to the j r peters most?

www.Customhydronutrients.com

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

My recipe is pretty basic and way mainstream, but works well with tap water. And I go on the light end, most of my mixes are less than 100% of directions. Until I get a good filter or go RO don't want to waste too many benny's. Next run woul like to either try some benny topfeed with bottled water or just go all ro and maybe A1. Right now if I have time I am letting my water sit for 24hrs.
Got some free samples trying out too. GH/floraduo,GH /calmagic, botanicare /fulvex, AN/sensizym.
My tap water is 70ppm and I add calmagic til it's 150 ppm in both veg and bloom. For me it is about 1-2ml/gal

VEG: Flora duo manipulated toward lucas method- A-7ml/gl and B-3ml/gal
H&G drip clean-.5ml/gal
H&G Roots Excel-1ml/gal
Fulvex-1 to 5ml/gal (liking this easy to use fulvic acid, realy helping w/ nute uptake) also add to bloom.
Silica Blast-2.5ml/gal
Final PPM/600-70o
For flower I have been using H&G Aqua flakes and full line at 50% of nute calculator. I have been using this for a while and first thought I had to stick to their plan. Lately I have been experimenting a bit. Was using silica blast until Amino treatment came out and I will be trying a different silica next run, maybe rhino skin. The Amino treatment just didn't impress me for the $. On that note I found no great use for the nitrogen boost, may be a great supplement but just not really needed. Will also probably drop the algen ex. and have been trying the sensizym instead of multizen. The AN/sensizyn is really helping the PH. Not a big AN fan but it seems just using even one of their PH perfect products does it. Did not have to touch it!
That being said I am just about to mix for week 6 this week. Used Top Booster last week and would usualy add shooting powder. Thinking about going MOAB instead, heard so much good. Wanting some oppinions on this and if I shoul go Bud Xl and MOAB, Hammerhead and MOAB, or Bud XL,Hammerhead and MOAB. Is the hammerhead worth it since the ratio change? Should I buy old ratio from ebay?
Thanks Cap for starting this thread, love your recipes. Just learning that end of it, or should I say start of it.Hope I didn't take up too much space. Like that new avvy too!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Leadsled did a side by side on all enzymes and found cannazyme to be the king of the jungle.
Very handy of you once again, dude your avitar is a dead dude or sure looks like one. Hope I didn't just put my foot in my mouth again, take care bro and I hope all is well with you and yours...mal

organicness

organicness

I use 3g Jacks Hydro, 2g CalNit, and 350ppm of sea water, the whole way through. I have a bunch of bloom boosters that I get for free from my shop that I toss in at week 3 and 6... Crystal Burst is the latest, have used Bloombastic (which sucks for me) and Hydroplex in the past. I did do 2-3 weeks of straight sea water at 1300ppm and that was just fine, too. But figured base nutes have their place.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I use 3g Jacks Hydro, 2g CalNit, and 350ppm of sea water, the whole way through. I have a bunch of bloom boosters that I get for free from my shop that I toss in at week 3 and 6... Crystal Burst is the latest, have used Bloombastic (which sucks for me) and Hydroplex in the past. I did do 2-3 weeks of straight sea water at 1300ppm and that was just fine, too. But figured base nutes have their place.

Babies too? No change at all from grow to bloom? Do you recommend the additives, or have you not seen much difference using them?

organicness

organicness

Babies too? No change at all from grow to bloom? Do you recommend the additives, or have you not seen much difference using them?

I just dilute it to .4 EC for seedlings, and go up from there. I've started to experiment with compost teas and alfalfa teas as a foliar program, but those aren't a solid part of my rez yet. I started putting a compost tea in the rez maybe 3 weeks ago, just don't have enough data yet to say how awesome it is. It's pretty awesome so far, but wanna be sure before I give some reccos.

Sometime I'll start using your bennies, just need to be able to get the money together. Haven't even had enough $ to heat my home this last part of the winter, so gotta hold off for now.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

You need to take a closer look at my avatar Mal. Enlarge it so you can see the most epic haircut of all time.

holy shit thats fucking hilarious. i've been cracking up all night each time i see it

Latest posts

Top Bottom