Recommended hanging height for spiderfarmers se3000???

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

What's goin on? Just wanted to get some advice on these lights. I'm pretty new to LEDs and just bought two se3000s and trying to dial my hanging Heights in. These things are super bright and the recommended hanging Heights seem very close. I think I may have some light burn from having it too close. Had it at about 10" above the canopy now in week of flower It has been really hot these last few days and also have an hps over the plant next to it that spills some light under the se3000, so that could be another thing. So just wanted to see how high you guys hang your lights?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What's goin on? Just wanted to get some advice on these lights. I'm pretty new to LEDs and just bought two se3000s and trying to dial my hanging Heights in. These things are super bright and the recommended hanging Heights seem very close. I think I may have some light burn from having it too close. Had it at about 10" above the canopy now in week of flower It has been really hot these last few days and also have an hps over the plant next to it that spills some light under the se3000, so that could be another thing. So just wanted to see how high you guys hang your lights?
I have 2 of them as well but I'm still getting used to growing with them. I have my lights about 18" above but at 100% I still got light burn on my plants so I've backed down to 85%. Less is more with these lights, They can look good one day then the next day you'll see fading or tip burning because they're too close

My problem of late is with the dam fabric pots. I keep letting them dry out so much the plants look almost dead hanging limp. I didn't ever have that problem in plastic pots.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have 2 of them as well but I'm still getting used to growing with them. I have my lights about 18" above but at 100% I still got light burn on my plants so I've backed down to 85%. Less is more with these lights, They can look good one day then the next day you'll see fading or tip burning because they're too close

My problem of late is with the dam fabric pots. I keep letting them dry out so much the plants look almost dead hanging limp. I didn't ever have that problem in plastic pots.
Fabs dry back much much faster than plastic

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Wow it's strange that I'm dealing with the same exact issues.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

These lights are awesome though!! I really just didn't understand the hanging distance and how bright the Samsung diodes really are. Luckily I had one practice plant that went into flower a month before my other four plants. So now I know to back my lights off a little. Another thing is it got really hot for a few days and I think when the lights are close and it gets hot that's what does it. I should have did it sooner but the plants in late flower and I thought it was getting that late flowering fade at first LOL. Not what was happening at all started yelling from the top down. Got it under control now. In the user manual it says 6 and 8 inches in flower. In my opinion 12 to 18 inches in flower and if they get closer to 12 inches gotta keep the temp down. The growth I've seen from these lights though is rapid and Keeps the plants squat. I got tree trunks.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Pics? I'd like to see that. I keep cooking mine if they get too close, the leaves get crispy edges....fast
D393A4F1 BF87 4932 9366 AFEB37E1BD4D

2BD18691 D36B 4B26 AA8C AFDE5040C707

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Okay, I see it, Its not what I envisioned when you said 3", I kinda had a sea of green canopy flat with the light at 3", I'll admit some of my plants on the sides will get within a foot but I'd bend them over if they ever got that close....but I'm just learning these lights...I'm only flowering under them I veg under T5's

Yeah majority of canopy is within 6" I'd say. Gotta have all factors pretty dialed in to fully use these lights they are quite impressive! I've increased nutrients and added supplements over the last two runs. Things are going really good this time around.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

At least 32inc probably a bit more, look at ur seedlings you want them reaching for the light, not shying away or burning.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I found the highest bud and have it 12" above that. Last weekend they got torched and didn't even realize what was going because it 2as the 4th and I was Gone all weekend pretty much. But it got up to 90° in my grow room and had the light pretty close like 8", I have the other light About 15" from the canopy seems to be doing fine. These lights must be really strong, it's crazy how when I backed the light off 4" I can tell it's eating and drinking less. I feel like they really have to be dialed in with the environment.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I may try 18"-24" in veg and 12"-18" in flower to be safe. I beg if you use co2 with these lights you'd get monster buds fast.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I may try 18"-24" in veg and 12"-18" in flower to be safe. I beg if you use co2 with these lights you'd get monster buds fast.
I haven't vegged with them, I like the T5 fluorescent for vegging, they give me great coverage and I like the heat they provide in my veg closet, without the added heat from the lights I'd have to add a heater or heat lamp like I do in the winter year round...no energy saving there and with T5 lights the plants can be within 1/2" and they don't burn until the leaves touch the lamps....not so with Led

2Bad

2Bad

Had to check this post out once I saw @Shaded_One 's pic of 2 inch distance. That's super cool Shaded.. @PipeCarver I think your issue is vegging with t5's the veg process builds tolerance to the light I definetly noticed that.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Hoping someone feom this thread can answer. I have been running mars haydeo tsl sincast fall amd have my heigts and intenaity and all other condition FINALLY in point. my wife just ordered me the 3000 series that arrives rimorrow. im on week 5 of flower in runtz that are looking awesome. can i addthis light with the 2000? if so im sure i would have ro adjust heights. my tent is 4x2 and ive read alot of other people thwy run 2 of the 3000 in a 4x2 and kill it so im aure its possible. just wonder where to place them (both in middle side by side, or spread out with equal distance from walls and eachother. any advice would be awewome as i have to make a decision tomorrow or just wait till my next grow in 6 weeks

sambapati

sambapati

Hoping someone feom this thread can answer. I have been running mars haydeo tsl sincast fall amd have my heigts and intenaity and all other condition FINALLY in point. my wife just ordered me the 3000 series that arrives rimorrow. im on week 5 of flower in runtz that are looking awesome. can i addthis light with the 2000? if so im sure i would have ro adjust heights. my tent is 4x2 and ive read alot of other people thwy run 2 of the 3000 in a 4x2 and kill it so im aure its possible. just wonder where to place them (both in middle side by side, or spread out with equal distance from walls and eachother. any advice would be awewome as i have to make a decision tomorrow or just wait till my next grow in 6 weeks
If everything is running smoothly why mess up a good thing? Start from where you are and keep studying to develop exactly how you will deploy the lights. Meanwhile there are other things to do like hanging a UVB fixture near the end, CO2 bags, darkness at the end, ice cubes......

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i do darkness, ice cold water flushes, and pack down the rop with ice the first and last day of darkness. i am looking into co2 as we speak and teying to understand it and what exactly to buy without breaking bank if everything is looking really good

20220721 220102
20220721 215923
20220716 151851
sambapati

sambapati

i do darkness, ice cold water flushes, and pack down the rop with ice the first and last day of darkness. i am looking into co2 as we speak and teying to understand it and what exactly to buy without breaking bank if everything is looking really good
Your first grow was killer if I remember..keep up the good work. I just ordered a co2 bag & I have an ozone generator to bust out....learn by doing -- @ the farm.

Top Bottom