Recommended Nutrients For These Strains

• Thread starter ShastaCanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
What size pots and what are you running them under as far as wattage? I am curious on the reusability of coco with replacement perlite. It seems you could pull the main plants ball from the pots and place the new ones directly in. If true, I wouldn't run more than 3 times but would definitely reuse. Maybe flush the dirt.
So this is all a test but right now i got em in redy grow in solo cups will probly up pot to 2 or 3 gal and run em under one light till i feel safe

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm am VERY anti-reuse of anything indoor garden wise. I believe indoor products are designed to retain/hold what we put into them & it will always become toxic or hold some kind of undesirables even after a good flush. Starting fresh is always the best whether it be medium, nutes, lighting equipment, environment controllers, hvac etc. Theres usually no surprises with brand new stuff.
You can recharge fox farm o.f. 3 times.... did it for years..you can use coco 2 times before its mushy

brazel

brazel

A local small hydro store owner calls Advanced "the copycats" & "commercial capitalists". Idk who they copied but he said you need a minimum 25k order to become an authorized dealer of their products so they are not a small "mom & pop style" store friendly company.
Really makes no diff to me since I only use the carboload but that's just what I've heard about them as a company.
Their all kinda copycats and commercial capitalist huh!? They try to copy what the soil does and sell you as much different bottles they can

brazel

brazel

I'm am VERY anti-reuse of anything indoor garden wise. I believe indoor products are designed to retain/hold what we put into them & it will always become toxic or hold some kind of undesirables even after a good flush. Starting fresh is always the best whether it be medium, nutes, lighting equipment, environment controllers, hvac etc. Theres usually no surprises with brand new stuff.
This may be true for some grow styles, but not living soil, no ph, no flush, it gets better and better, use it for years! Only top dress a couple times a year

ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

So this is all a test but right now i got em in redy grow in solo cups will probly up pot to 2 or 3 gal and run em under one light till i feel safe

Try this:
7 day rooting period (after being in in 1 gallon pots – water only - 24 hour low intensity T5′s or whichever light you have
FEEDING SCHEDULES BEGIN
14 days in 1 gallon pots under 24 hr high intensity T5′s (referred to as early vegetative cycle)
21 days in 5 gallon pots under 24 hr high intensity T5′s (referred to late vegetative cycle)
45+ days total flowering time under 12/12 1000 watt Hortilux high pressure sodium (referred to as flowering cycle)
You can recharge fox farm o.f. 3 times.... did it for years..you can use coco 2 times before its mushy

thanks for the info, will be going to the coco+perlite mix and not worrying about reuse at the moment
This may be true for some grow styles, but not living soil, no ph, no flush, it gets better and better, use it for years! Only top dress a couple times a year

See we have some varying opinions here. I am no soil expert but I have heard people say that soil can age like a "fine wine" and be reused. Then I have other experienced growers advising against it. I just figure if you have a veg room and two flower rooms going, it would make the crop rotation much quicker and cheaper if you could reuse the previous medium. I mean, there should be lots of nutes in the soil already from the previous flower cycle...but can flushing this out dissolve the amount to almost null? Or would reusing the soil shock the plants?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Try this:
7 day rooting period (after being in in 1 gallon pots – water only - 24 hour low intensity T5′s or whichever light you have
FEEDING SCHEDULES BEGIN
14 days in 1 gallon pots under 24 hr high intensity T5′s (referred to as early vegetative cycle)
21 days in 5 gallon pots under 24 hr high intensity T5′s (referred to late vegetative cycle)
45+ days total flowering time under 12/12 1000 watt Hortilux high pressure sodium (referred to as flowering cycle)

thanks for the info, will be going to the coco+perlite mix and not worrying about reuse at the moment

See we have some varying opinions here. I am no soil expert but I have heard people say that soil can age like a "fine wine" and be reused. Then I have other experienced growers advising against it. I just figure if you have a veg room and two flower rooms going, it would make the crop rotation much quicker and cheaper if you could reuse the previous medium. I mean, there should be lots of nutes in the soil already from the previous flower cycle...but can flushing this out dissolve the amount to almost null? Or would reusing the soil shock the plants?
See in coco ya feed every time its like hydro they will sit in the cups till i say they are big enough then they will go into a room with all my other plants

brazel

brazel

Try this:
FEEDING SCHEDULES BEGIN

Anyone who builds soil doesn't reuse it is new to me.
If any experienced grower advises against it, their only experienced in hydro and know nothing about soil. Google soil food web.
No flushing, no plant shock out of the norm

Dbear180

Dbear180

Try this:
FEEDING SCHEDULES BEGIN

Out doors I can reuse soil & add in organic nutes with chicken & rabbit shit once a year lol. Haven't really played outside in a while tho.
I have to flush every 4th watering because my soil will become toxic & lock out nutes. Think of it like driving a car @ full speed for a long while & then giving it a little rest & an oil change before jumping back into the race. Lots of parts on race cars can only do their job so long because we are asking for maximum performance. Same with plants. Just my opinion.

brazel

brazel

Out doors I can reuse soil & add in organic nutes with chicken & rabbit shit once a year lol. Haven't really played outside in a while tho.
I have to flush every 4th watering because my soil will become toxic & lock out nutes. Think of it like driving a car @ full speed for a long while & then giving it a little rest & an oil change before jumping back into the race. Lots of parts on race cars can only do their job so long because we are asking for maximum performance. Same with plants. Just my opinion.
Doesn't having to flush every forth watering cause they become toxic and lock out nutes, make you wonder what you're feeding them?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Doesn't having to flush every forth watering cause they become toxic and lock out nutes, make you wonder what you're feeding them?

Racecars need race gas :)... Not really they are in containers so it's not like everything can leech away into the ground. It's stuck there. I'm pretty sure any container plants will burn if your trying to maximize growth & you don't flush it out. Another comparison is body builders & roids, you gotta lay off the juice once in a while or it becomes too much for their bodies to handle.

brazel

brazel

Racecars need race gas :)... Not really they are in containers so it's not like everything can leech away into the ground. It's stuck there. I'm pretty sure any container plants will burn if your trying to maximize growth & you don't flush it out. Another comparison is body builders & roids, you gotta lay off the juice once in a while or it becomes too much for their bodies to handle.
Go check out mountain organics on ig, he just started his 22 nd cycle in a 45 gallon fabric pot that's only been top dressed a couple times a year and foliar tonic for over seven years... no flush, no ph, no run off

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Go check out mountain organics on ig, he just started his 22 nd cycle in a 45 gallon fabric pot that's only been top dressed a couple times a year and foliar tonic for over seven years... no flush, no ph, no run off
Yea thats probly a no till garden i think yall are on 2 different pages if ya grow in pro mix or another soilless medium ya need a flush but not in a no till

Dbear180

Dbear180

Sensei taught me long ago our formula is maxed out. You can't mix it any stronger without giving the girls

Well that may just be the difference between us, I'm not really an organics guy unless I'm outside. Nothing against it at all, it's just not how I learned inside. That is pretty cool tho, bet he saves a ton on medium.

brazel

brazel

Yea thats probly a no till garden i think yall are on 2 different pages if ya grow in pro mix or another soilless medium ya need a flush but not in a no till
yeah for sure, I commented because he said any medium. Flush every forth watering seems excessive.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Word, and by flush you're saying like using just water or 3 times the amount normally given or check ph or... just curious.
I know you're knowledgeable
Just plain water there is a huge difference between organics,notill,and soilless synthetic

Dbear180

Dbear180

Totally!
I was asking what your flush method is!?

Instead of two gallons of nutes I give them two gallons of h20 lol. My final week I flush three times with about 3 gal of h20 every two days. Comes out very smooth & clean tasting.

Top Bottom