Recommended solutions to a neighborhood thief

• Thread starter LoFive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
HighRootz

HighRootz

Grow a special plant just for him, sprayed daily with the fastest cancer causing properties available(fuck cancer but thieves are a cancer to all growers). If the sickness is taking to long, start practicing with a blow gun and then next season, poison dart his ass🤣🤣
48f27241 db5d 4d80 8a63 796c25b1cca1 screenshot

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I'm having an issue with a neighborhood thief stealing my plants since last year. I have cameras this time but obviously it's pretty easy to hide your face. He is strapped with a gun when confronted.

I'm too old for this shit and I have too much to lose going to jail especially over weed. I do live in a legal state of up to 4 plants. Does anyone have any recommendations on deterring or catching this bastard without legal consequence? Maybe a tiny tracking device with GPS history I can attach to the plant inconspicuously? I know, just grow inside... but I enjoy growing outdoors as it is way more cost efficient.
OP, what do businesses do that deal with theft everyday?

How about a chain link fence and razor wire? Not just razor wire on the top, put it on the inside of the walls too, going down them.

That is a completely legal and reasonable solution. I would start thinking of legal solutions businesses actively use to deter/prevent theft.

Also, get a camera/game-camera that is WiFi equipped. You can get a motion activated camera to send notifications to your phone, helping you catch them in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSD
L

LoFive

OP, what do businesses do that deal with theft everyday?

How about a chain link fence and razor wire? Not just razor wire on the top, put it on the inside of the walls too, going down them.

That is a completely legal and reasonable solution. I would start thinking of legal solutions businesses actively use to deter/prevent theft.

Also, get a camera/game-camera that is WiFi equipped. You can get a motion activated camera to send notifications to your phone, helping you catch them in progress.
If I was growing way more than 4 then I definitely would do whatever needed to be done to prevent the theft. But this is for recreational purposes and a hobby of growing good weed. We do have 3 wifi equipped cams always active, but again it's just so easy to hide your face and tattoos. If you're a smart criminal that is. Putting up motion activated flood lights out there tomorrow.

J

JacksonH

If I was growing way more than 4 then I definitely would do whatever needed to be done to prevent the theft. But this is for recreational purposes and a hobby of growing good weed. We do have 3 wifi equipped cams always active, but again it's just so easy to hide your face and tattoos. If you're a smart criminal that is. Putting up motion activated flood lights out there tomorrow.
If your electricity goes out in the middle of the night, you better check your grow.

L

LoFive

Google some stuff. There’s lots of nasty booby traps you can lay. I’d put up a no trespassing sign to legally cover your ass too but I think you’d be fine.
Oh I've definitely researched them but the legality of it doesn't fair well for the victim of the theft. Believe me, I want to make him regret ever looking at them but booby traps aren't practical keeping me out of prison or being sued shitless.

L

LoFive

I guess you all like having to spend shit tons of money on attorneys and spending time in the tank before you get sprung on bond. I get it. It's satisfying to get revenge on some scum bag that wants to steal from you. How much is that revenge worth to you and your family? Your freedom?

OP, it's not worth it. Probably the least legal exposure you would have would be from owning a dog and even then you're still open to litigation. A tough little Pittie will do the trick. If he shoots your dog you'll know. That's when you're 911 call stating shots fired/active shooter will bring PD to your front door but otherwise don't involve yourself in ANY interaction with him/her. If he attempts or enters your home you shoot him dead, call your attorney and have your attorney call PD while you calmly lay your weapon down and wait for him and PD to arrive. The fact that YOU initiated the call rather than them having to find you will setup the basis of your defense. Having the police look at the incident favorably for you since you called them will be what shows up on the report and is what the judge and DA will base their decision on in charging you or releasing you from liability. Actual justice and the law are almost polar opposites of each other.

BTW...how do you know he's carrying? Did he flash a gun into your camera shot? You can submit this to the police and file a report of an armed intruder trespassing on your property without mentioning the weed. The moment you mention weed, regardless of if it's legal in your state or not, will trigger the reefer madness response in them and will open you up to their preconceived notions about "potheads".

They probably already know who it is just by looking at your video since it's probably some dumbass crackhead that they've hauled in for various crimes. Doing this will also set up your defense if you do have to shoot the guy/girl. If you've reported prior incidents involving this person it will show that you aren't trying to take matters into your own hands. Courts hate when people do that and court is where you're going to be negotiating your freedom.
I confronted him at a local store and he denied even knowing who I was. Then when I got home he walked down the street lifting his shirt up brandishing his gun (criminal record history check confirms he's done it before). When I confronted him again he told me to walk closer as he was outlining his shit through his shirt. And just yesterday he pulled out his clip and was flipping it while looking at my grow site.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

You could put out a tent. I’ve slept in my garden many nights close to harvest.

Not saying you should actually sleep in it and engage but it might deter him

Ponky

Ponky

You're gunna have to do the job. Tell a buddy to help you out. By going over amd using words. Phone stays at home. He drew on you. You got him on the drop. Should delete your profile first. Maybe get a new phone. Or call the cops. Tell them everything. Charge him for aggravated assault for brandishing.

L

LoFive

a lot of these recommendations are vigilante shit. highly illegal, but you've stepped in a pile of shit that may or may not escalate to serious risk to life and health of you and your family.

I'm with @1diesel1 on this. I suspect OP is in a similar area. Despite the laws about guns and "drugs," bearing arms is a self-defense measure. Shoot accurate, not to harm but to kill. He's come bearing arms, don't take a knife to a gunfight. Put him down, call the police and shut your fucking mouth. You leave him breathing, you're liable for every single thing his lawyer will conceive you've done wrong to him.

that being said, you're still a target. no plants? he's gonna try to come inside. when he does, he might not be alone -- home invasions happen and they're way worse than getting robbed. your family is at risk now too. defend yourself accordingly.

if you don't have one on retainer yet, get a lawyer on retainer. you need that phone # ready when shit hits the fan.
Yeah man, if he will do this and get brave about it then he's one step closer to kicking down my door with my girl and kids home when I'm not. Fuck that. That's why I feel like I'm in a tough spot, because if I piss him off to the point where it just keeps escalating then it will.

I just want to protect my shit, don't want no trouble or getting my family involved. It's a legal grow state and I even told him bro you want some beans I'll hook you up but don't be stealing my hard work. Lazy motherfuckers man. I don't get it.

D

dean1963

I confronted him at a local store and he denied even knowing who I was. Then when I got home he walked down the street lifting his shirt up brandishing his gun (criminal record history check confirms he's done it before). When I confronted him again he told me to walk closer as he was outlining his shit through his shirt. And just yesterday he pulled out his clip and was flipping it while looking at my grow site.
call the cops for an armed man for christ sakes.
i'm calling trolling. sorry but i am

L

LoFive

100% not trolling.

But with what proof and no eye witnesses? It was brandishing, not pointing. He got off on the last one with only a $200 fine. Wasn't worth it to me.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

It amazes me ppl have any faith in pigs They have no obligation to protect anyone

My only recommendation at this point is 10mm

J

JacksonH

OK, I gotta say, it would have been nice to learn these details way sooner than Post #110. Let's face it, you are fucked. You are this guy's personal grower. You're not dealing with some punk teenagers, you're dealing with a career criminal. Whole different ballgame.

B

Bigbudz92

Fence in your grow. Make sure you have a good lock that cant be cut and put a top to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom