Recreational MJ Shops

• Thread starter HiDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My experiences are from the customer side of the counter. Also, I have yet to visit a recreational dispensary. All dispensaries in my area are still all medical. I can say this ... since the State of Michigan moved to regulate the medical market, everything has gone down hill. Prices have gone up, quality has gone down. It's a mess that's still trying to sort itself out.

Weed is everywhere but good weed is almost never found ... at least not in the dispensaries around me. Seems everything is rushed to market so it can be sold.

This year many are complaining about black market weed too. Plenty of new growers trying to cash in around here.

What makes anyone think this would be easy?

the rrock

the rrock

My experiences are from the customer side of the counter. Also, I have yet to visit a recreational dispensary. All dispensaries in my area are still all medical. I can say this ... since the State of Michigan moved to regulate the medical market, everything has gone down hill. Prices have gone up, quality has gone down. It's a mess that's still trying to sort itself out.

Weed is everywhere but good weed is almost never found ... at least not in the dispensaries around me. Seems everything is rushed to market so it can be sold.
send me your conc tact info gramps,and this gramps will hook you up

HiDaze

HiDaze

Maybe I am holding the recreational market to a standard which simply cannot be applied.

I get the business needs to turn gross profit across the board. Literally everything from the power to a building and the ground that building sits on must be taken into account. Churning out a profit without regard to the end of the chain (customers) = devastating losses the moment a fair margin of their customers gain a little knowledge.

In turn, the grow with quality product OR the companies with the most revenue behind them remain.

Sad times we live in.

And blessed times. Happy to see many people so open about their "drug" use 😁

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Maybe I am holding the recreational market to a standard which simply cannot be applied.

I get the business needs to turn gross profit across the board. Literally everything from the power to a building and the ground that building sits on must be taken into account. Churning out a profit without regard to the end of the chain (customers) = devastating losses the moment a fair margin of their customers gain a little knowledge.

In turn, the grow with quality product OR the companies with the most revenue behind them remain.

Sad times we live in.

And blessed times. Happy to see many people so open about their "drug" use 😁
I agree with everything you said. Even "sad times we live in"
Go back 25 years though. The majority of us was smoking bricked dirt. Who the hell knew what was in that, besides the packers. Around 90-95 good weed was available, but the prices were outrageous.
To legally walk in a shop and buy weed....In those regards we've come a long way. Still have a long way to go, but I never imagined this as a kid

growsince79

growsince79

I agree with everything you said. Even "sad times we live in"
Go back 25 years though. The majority of us was smoking bricked dirt. Who the hell knew what was in that, besides the packers. Around 90-95 good weed was available, but the prices were outrageous.
To legally walk in a shop and buy weed....In those regards we've come a long way. Still have a long way to go, but I never imagined this as a kid
I still remember smoking shit in 77 that must have been sprayed with paraquat. We all got sick and threw away a pound. Buy the early eighties, brick weed was pretty much gone forever where I lived.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Earl 80's I wasn't smoking, so Idk, but possible. Like you said, it would depend on location. When I started, I knew of a handful of bodegas that had quality, but ya paid for it in (89-90)..Us teens were still smoking reg Bodega buds. Some would have good but, but small amounts, and expensive for us teens.
Although around the holidays everyone was pretty nice. When The Dead were in town Everyone was happy.

BTW Is Phish really today's Dead?????
I'm still amazed when I can go to a store and buy legally if I absolutely have to.

growsince79

growsince79

Whats a bodega bud? I came up in Oregon. We went from Colombian to Hawaiian to skunk in just a couple years. Never heard of bodega.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Whats a bodega bud? I came up in Oregon. We went from Colombian to Hawaiian to skunk in just a couple years. Never heard of bodega.
Ah the Bogega... It's a little deli type store usually in the "hoods" of NY. The few cans of beans on the shelves have about a 1/4 inch of dust, and expired years ago....
Most of the time, rather than a register, there will be a cubby hole, or bullet proof glass. Ya get on line, and tell em how many "nicks"($5 bags) ya want. They pay off the cops, so there was nothing to worry about.
There was one in Harlem where you could get an 8th of Northern Lights, Thia, and usually one other choice. It would come in a small glass jar (unlike most places that had the bud in different sized baggies)
They kind of explain em in the movie Half Baked.
The Bodegas that gave the bud in baggies gave about a gram for 5 bucks. They slso had Bodegas that had other options besides bud. The store was safe. Getting to the store/Bodega wasn't.
You could also take your chances at a few parks, or the Jamacans. The Jamacans had some good bud too.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Alright. Some of us live in states that decided to legalize recreational marijuana. Some states have rec laws which are better than others.

Let's take all of the legal mumbo jumbo out of the equation. I want quality buds wherever I buy. Some local "shops" near me have buds completely covered in mold. So badly, I took a small black light into a few "problem" shops and waited til the owner was in front of me. They spouted, "the flower passed our standard testing requirements for resale".

A. That's a load of sh*t
B. How much mold is legal?
C. Under a scope - most the weed I find has trichs which are CLEAR. Not cloudy, absolutely NOT amber. Clear.

So now, I am curious. If you have a jeweler's loop or a proper scope and buy ANY flower from a local REC (no med states please) shop and come across anything which has not matured to the standard harvesting (x%cloudy shown vs x% amber trichs etc) levels OR have found mold within your states, "standard testing requirements"...

I would like to see it. Slap that B under a scope and show me what you find. Let it be known, the problem in the group are not my only focus. Let me see the successes as well.

Pures, Hyrbrids and whatever the hell a recreational shop calls it - let's see it.

As a sidebar - this post comes from a severe level of disappointment from my states, "standards". Granted - YES you can harvest plants before they are mature.

Premature cultivation results in a huge variance of effects. Most strains I see come with completely clear trichs (indica dom).

I understand it's a business and they need to manage their space with a fresh flow of product. Imagine being new to this scene or worse yet a seasoned veteran who dropped out years ago because it wasnt worth the risk to grow.

You walk into a rec shop and some kid is spouting X, Y, and Z about this herb or another and in reality its harvested prematurely or is covered in mold.

Now imagine the number of folks who dont have a God damn clue about weed and what they inhale?

Rant over. Pictures below show "Gelato". An indica dominant strain which has completely clear crystals.

My pics were through a x60k jewlers loop. I am sure they dont show what my eye to the scope can but, trust me. This was harvested for profit and not for quality. Huge thumbs down.

View attachment 937303View attachment 937304 View attachment 937305View attachment 937306View attachment 937307

Restore my faith in some states rec laws or contribute to my disappointment. Just be honest and share what you find ✌
Everything grown here has at least 50% amber and serious couch lock. I had to do some loud complaining to get them to harvest when milky and not amber. Sativas should be milky, indicas are where you want the couch lock.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

No worries, we all learn stuff here and there.
I tried to set the mood. Not my strong point.
I wouldn't eat anything from Bogega selling. It's no longer there, so I'll mention it..Broadway video didn't have a video in the store. Just dusty empty boxes. X mas time was Piff time.
Did you see the subways last week? CRAZY

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I tried to set the mood. Not my strong point.
I wouldn't eat anything from Bogega selling. It's no longer there, so I'll mention it..Broadway video didn't have a video in the store. Just dusty empty boxes. X mas time was Piff time.
Did you see the subways last week? CRAZY
I haven't been in NY is 35-40 years.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I haven't been in NY is 35-40 years.
I was still going to Broadway vid around 2k. They did move further, and further into the hoods though. When Rudy took over, he cleared most of em out.
East NY, Bed Sty, Spanish Harlem, Point in the Bronx. Bronx almost always had the best quality, but there was a fear factor if ya went alone. Have you seen the tolls recently? Dam. 15 bucks to sit in traffic on a bridge for 45 min, if lucky
The Bronx was always an adventure

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I was still going to Broadway vid around 2k. They did move further, and further into the hoods though. When Rudy took over, he cleared most of em out.
East NY, Bed Sty, Spanish Harlem, Point in the Bronx. Bronx almost always had the best quality, but there was a fear factor if ya went alone. Have you seen the tolls recently? Dam. 15 bucks to sit in traffic on a bridge for 45 min, if lucky
The Bronx was always an adventure
I could walk to Queens before you can get there in a car.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Oh yeah. Love the breeding!
One of my IBL lines.
250 HPS, pollinated at week 3. I had to cut the tkps off the colas. In these little containers, they hit the roof of 1 of my breeding tent's
20210825 010835
20210815 030516
20210815 030940
20210825 013110
20210812 020438
20210815 031421 1

20210825 011012
20210825 013030
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Forget NY. Rent a helicopter or move already. NY has been neck deep in traffic for the last 150 years.
Yes, but the food, girls, "little people bowling " on a Thursday morning. Anything you want, besides meth. 1 of the good things the "Fellas" kept out.
Plus you can get anywhere by subway.
Global warming is becoming a huge problem.
In 10 days NYC broke their record for rainfall twice.
If a Cat 3, or 4 ever hit NYC, there would be some big problems.
But the pizza

Top Bottom