recycling my once used soil?pls help:-)

• Thread starter chuckchill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuckchill

chuckchill

i want to recycle my soil.@ least 1,time?. does this practise work? who does it?. how! just get rid of the roots?. or will the benies break the root matter down + make it available 4,the plants to utilise?. i cant find a thread about it!can anyone gimme some advice or tips on how to go about it please?.
peace.
c.c

colostoney

colostoney

Well im not an expert at much but bong hits but this works awesome for me brother.
I've recycled my subsoil and soil for a very long time. There is a zen to it but especially in these times its well worth it.
If ya severely toxify or have a crazy pest I guess trash it but its nuts to ever throw soil away imho.
I use a trash can with 1/8 in holes drilled all over the bottom as my subsoil washer I just put it in my walk in shower inside with a screen on the drain and use hot water cuz it is faster and I have an extra bathroom right by my indoor grow. I put a few drops a dish soap on top a full trash can and rinse it with water very well 3 or 4 times until the soap no longer suds up. Ready to go. The zen is to figure out how many cycles the castings in what not will nourish your girls adequate and how to replenish as ya go without building too much. With organics only a small part of it is biologically available per cycle so its a huge benefit to recycle the soil because it becomes much more thorough over time. My subsoil is a mix of batches new and old from over fifteen years now. I keep my indoor simple 70% perilite 20%vermic 10% organic usually compost most wigglers, some kelp meal a dash a bonemeal and dolomite lime. The dolomite @ 1/2 cup to 4 gallons is critical and abot every 5-7 runs youll notice the periite on tops less rusty colored n needs replenished at about 1/4 cup per 4 gallons at this time I usually add more organic supplements too just by eye like feedin chickens. Just a few handfuls.

Outdoor is way easier at the end and even thoough the season I pile all my spent subsoil n soil in a huge pile and add some chicken poop n rabbit chow manure barbque ashes and spent grains from myco projs here in there in layers as it just builds naturally. Once harvests done and I got a mimi soil mountain I get a load or so a cheap manure and clean my chickens good for winter and put all that on the soil mountain turn it in light to keep the dogs out it a whole ton. If I have the money i'll ad ten to 20 pounds a bone meal now too. Trick is get your soil semi prepared and nurtured for outs before the winter cold sets in. Itll compost n heat up some and even in real cold will somewhat cook n decomp for ya to use come end a may especially when the thaw comes. By early spring it as a thriving worm herd and they do the rest for ya.
Then before I plant I usually will resupplement my outdoor with dolomite at about 1/4 cup to 4 gallons every run cuz I use much richer soil outside and a lot a water runs off them.

I started recycling soil because Im poor but now im still poor but I stick to it because its much better for me than starting fresh.
healthy herbs is happy herbs

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i want to recycle my soil.@ least 1,time?. does this practise work? who does it?. how! just get rid of the roots?. or will the benies break the root matter down + make it available 4,the plants to utilise?. i cant find a thread about it!can anyone gimme some advice or tips on how to go about it please?.
peace.
c.c
I pretty much never throw out my potting soil, and as for recycling in my OD beds I have absolutely no choice on the matter, it gets reused in perpetuity.

Don't concern yourself about getting rid of roots, they become organic matter. Concern yourself with replacing those nutrients and minerals that are removed when you pull the plant and don't put its remains back into the soil.

A FANTASTIC primer for people unfamiliar with the soil food web is Teaming With Microbes. I believe it's now available on Kindle, too. I suggest getting that to start your knowledge base, then you'll have a much easier time understanding the processes that are going on with recycling soil organically.

chuckchill

chuckchill

thanks for all the sugestions.i never knew so many people used soil more than once.
peace +.cheers.
c.c
I pretty much never throw out my potting soil, and as for recycling in my OD beds I have absolutely no choice on the matter, it gets reused in perpetuity.

Don't concern yourself about getting rid of roots, they become organic matter. Concern yourself with replacing those nutrients and minerals that are removed when you pull the plant and don't put its remains back into the soil.

A FANTASTIC primer for people unfamiliar with the soil food web is Teaming With Microbes. I believe it's now available on Kindle, too. I suggest getting that to start your knowledge base, then you'll have a much easier time understanding the processes that are going on with recycling soil organically.

colostoney

colostoney

IDK friend id honest personally not use any product that says do not reuse medium friend on anything I was gonna ingest for a medicine whatsoever and all that toxic garbage are gimmicks and a waste
That being said the natural world detoxifys all the terrible shit we do to it pretty well and a healthy bioherd will not be killed or ruined by using some salt with moderation at all....
petro chem salts rinse out just fine that's why ya use a lil dish soap to break there bond tensions as ya recycle.....

If I was a novice at recycling soil there would be some toxic or pest ridden soil id trash but to me there is no soil in too bad a shape it all can become part my mix at the right ratio just fine and assimilated into the subsoil collective. I even have ashes of my father and two other bros passed and a couple dogs mixed into my subsoil ....It is part me my life and who I am and the womb from which I receive my nourishment. I have a spiritual relationship with it and its harmony it shows me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would be careful reusing any soil that may have been ran with synthetic s, anything that kills soil life and or flush products like final phase or rootboosters like shooting powder . Those product s literally say on the bottle do not reuse medium.
Thank you for fleshing out my thoughts on this. I hit the issue of organic, but I leave the choice up to the individual. Since it's been so long since I've used synthetics, I've become unfamiliar with what's on the market now.

chuckchill

chuckchill

B
I would be careful reusing any soil that may have been ran with synthetic s, anything that kills soil life and or flush products like final phase or rootboosters like shooting powder . Those product s literally say on the bottle do not reuse medium.
ack wen. i have used s.p.:( yuk. mass head ache of it.
never again.
c.c

chuckchill

chuckchill

ill be real happy if this is ok! save 20£ a bag on dirt:-). !lol.
now thats a pretty penny.haha
c.c

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Why do u think i use ,synthetics?.
peace.
c.c
Advanced Nutrient B-52 is synthetic the organic version is called Organic B. Unless AN changed there formula which would not surprise me and then I stand corrected

Just called the AN rep and confirmed it's the same formula with plenty of chelators and other synthetic s.......don't let em lie to you when I first started looking at labels I new it was sythenthetic when I couldn't pronounce the words and the even bigger red flag is acronyms like EDDA,EDDHA,EDTA and others

Last edited:
chuckchill

chuckchill

Thank u ,4 !puttin in leg work caveman. so i.do use a lil bit of cems.
c.c.
must change that.
Advanced Nutrient B-52 is synthetic the organic version is called Organic B. Unless AN changed there formula which would not surprise me and then I stand corrected

Just called the AN rep and confirmed it's the same formula with plenty of chelators and other synthetic s.......don't let em lie to you when I first started looking at labels I new it was sythenthetic when I couldn't pronounce the words and the even bigger red flag is acronyms like EDDA,EDDHA,EDTA and others

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thank u ,4 !puttin in leg work caveman. so i.do use a lil bit of cems.
c.c.
must change that.
I think the plant will make plenty vita b as long as it's healthy rub the stem and smell I bet you smell that vitamin smell its usually strong even in veg for me and I don't add any vitamins to my soil or teas that I know of......

chuckchill

chuckchill

Cheers caveman:-)
c.c
I think the plant will make plenty vita b as long as it's healthy rub the stem and smell I bet you smell that vitamin smell its usually strong even in veg for me and I don't add any vitamins to my soil or teas that I know of......

Top Bottom