Reef's SD

• Thread starter Hemphrey Bogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hemphrey Bogart

Here they are near the end of week 6 12/12. I can see this being done in 6 more weeks or less (at least I hope so!). I'm hoping to stagger harvesting these with my Willie Nelson which will most likely go for more than 12 weeks.

These plants have a slightly greasy, lemony smell at this point...

IMG 0351
IMG 0353
IMG 0359
IMG 0360
R

Reeferman

Man your sour d looks like willie brother , do they smell alike ?
Reef

H

Hemphrey Bogart

My willies have more of a straight up lemon smell, while these plants have more of a heavier, greasy lemon smell.

Kingdom labeled these as sd and they've been in the same cups since their inception. I just cut the bottoms out of the beer cups when I transplanted, so there's no chance that I mixed these up.

I need to find some pics of bodhi sativa since I got some of those seeds from kingdom at the same time. Perhaps there was a mix up of some sort.

N

Nirrity

Hmm.. Hemphrey from the picks I'd say your WN looks like Bodhi and your SD looks like WN. But that's only a presume from the picks, both hybrids looks very asian landraces-like, elegant thin lanky sativas with slender leaves.. Aussie's SD looks far more of a hybrid with indica influence. You'll get something for your head Hemphrey !

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Those clone only sd look phat, aussie! Damn. I see what you mean about them not looking anything like mine.

How was the smoke from the sd you got from kk though? You got any shots of those girls lying around?

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Hmm.. Hemphrey from the picks I'd say your WN looks like Bodhi and your SD looks like WN. But that's only a presume from the picks, both hybrids looks very asian landraces-like, elegant thin lanky sativas with slender leaves.. Aussie's SD looks far more of a hybrid with indica influence. You'll get something for your head Hemphrey !

I'm confused. I thought for sure my willie nelson was willie nelson. I've seen other pics of the plant at early flower and the bud structure was similar to mine. Not to mention they were labeled WN when I got them. Oh well. Just have to finish 'em and suss it out then. I'm gonna have to remember to tape my head to my shoulders before I do a smoke report on these, lol.

P

Pug Fugly

Hey HB, nice pics, I saw your willie thread, and they look like willie, really nice, but the first two pics on this page look similar, pics three and four don't look like willie though, in pic four you get to see them both, and they look like ssh, the one on the right looks like its got allot of haze in it, but looks allot like bohdi sativa also, strange.

R

Reeferman

Ausie those look great that is not SD kush but the SD ! the willie look like willie wait till they fatten up I am 200% certain of that .
Ausie's SD looks like what the SD looks like .
The willie nelson have been inbred several times and fixed for pheno type I was just in a room with 15 willies from those seeds and they are looking great !
I expect those will finish for you in only 12-13 weeks what NPK are you feeding them ?
Reef

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Reef, I don't know what my npk is but here is what I'm using at the moment...

Per 5 gallons of RO water:

1/2 cup seabird guano (1-10-0)
1/2 cup worm castings
2 tbls maxi crop liquid seaweed
2-3 tbls jersey greensand (0-0-3)
2-3 tbls unsulphured black strap
1 tbls fish emulsion (5-1-1)

I brew this tea for at least 3 days, filter and then dilute it 1:10, depending on which plants are getting fed at the time.

I feed them this tea every other watering. My african strains don't like my tea as much as the other strains that I'm currently growing, so I just give them a real light dose of the tea.

R

Reeferman

Hemphrey if you give em 1 blast of 0-52-34 it will launch em you have little control with strait up organics they just need a tweek we just mix 0-52-34 ph of 6.1 in dirt it will really help you control finish on these long flowerers .
If you would like a link I can get it for you .

~reef~
check your pm's bro

G

guerillaMAN

yo reef homie i too got your willie or bohdi or whatever it is everyone got for sd... i dont want any beans or anything but i just wanted you to know that i ended up growing mine 16 weeks and had no choice but to harvest it and i was mad dissappointed dude. especially since that was a replacement. anyway i just thought you should know that i'm also one of the ones who got em. i rock true clone only sour diesel and yours or whatever i got had absolutely no sour diesel traits to any pheno i grew out. anyway thats about it...
dubs i still got you on that shp, willie and rom dawg
peace
guerillaMAN

B

blueskies

g-man, wow! WHat strains do you like? Every time I see posts from you I see long flowerin times and dissapointments? Weird thing is you are a small few that I have ever seen express this? Im not attackin you homie but ive never had reefs gear, but have some of his strains to try out anyday now. Dont know how people try things and end up dissapointed? Every thing that I ever had from nirvana,sol,sagarmartha,random bag stuff,dj short,,etc Has always had a place and time with me! I believe people have to open up to different effects. So many people are in love in the states with couchlock glue type strains, when a good sativa comes there way they dont know how to interpret the effect,(generally speakin) But gueilla its good to be a critic and not accept everything on the menu. However, sometimes when you see strains goin these long times its because they arent dialed in and stress just pushes flowerin times further. Sorry 2 hear that u were dissapointed?

R

Reeferman

It seems to me that a little group of folks from a certain web site are kinda saying that they hate everything from my collection despite many many more growers having different experiences .
Reef

darkmatter

darkmatter

rm sd funkyest shit ive had in my pocket.when i hit 25 i know who im clickin on.

B

blueskies

imho i search n search to look for the best reports on strains and always see 95% good reports on reefs gear. Im not takin up for him just reportin what my eyes and good sense tell me!

I

I N Hail

It seems to me that a little group of folks from a certain web site are kinda saying that they hate everything from my collection despite many many more growers having different experiences .
Reef

LOL ,,I noticed that too Reef ,,,crazy

Yep, Reef your Fan's are loyal :devil

I N Hail

G

guerillaMAN

g-man, wow! WHat strains do you like? Every time I see posts from you I see long flowerin times and dissapointments? Weird thing is you are a small few that I have ever seen express this? Im not attackin you homie but ive never had reefs gear, but have some of his strains to try out anyday now. Dont know how people try things and end up dissapointed? Every thing that I ever had from nirvana,sol,sagarmartha,random bag stuff,dj short,,etc Has always had a place and time with me! I believe people have to open up to different effects. So many people are in love in the states with couchlock glue type strains, when a good sativa comes there way they dont know how to interpret the effect,(generally speakin) But gueilla its good to be a critic and not accept everything on the menu. However, sometimes when you see strains goin these long times its because they arent dialed in and stress just pushes flowerin times further. Sorry 2 hear that u were dissapointed?

i like crosses alot and really like sour diesel which is why i bought this stuff... i'm not hating on gear or anything,
as i stated on our site and in other posts here... i just havent found anything worth keeping in a few strains so far from rms and they all varied crazy from the descriptions that i paid for idk. i paid for sour diesel and i got bohdi i'm pretty sure and i ran it 16 weeks and it still needed much more time. i can get close to 3 cycles of nl6 completed in that time frame.
i just really always wanted reefs sour d from seeing pix of it in HT in like 06 and i expected something similar and a flower time of about 10-11weeks maybe 12 at most. anyway i'm not gonna harp on this since its done and over.

good news though is a buddy threw me 4 of his 05 sour d beans so i'll have a chance to try the vintage stuff which looked killer in pix on the rms forums. might have to cross it back to the clone only sd too ;)
peace
guerillaMAN

P

Pug Fugly

The reason I purchased the new RM Sour D was because I thought it was the same as the original, the whole RMS site was updated and the old Sour D description was used, I heard someone mention something about the SSH version, but couldn't get a straight answer from anyone who knew anything, only to find out when Reef ended up here, kind of pissed me off, now it looks like everyone is getting haze plants and I have no money for more beans. What up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom