Reset And Restart Living Soil Grow

• Thread starter cloudyhelads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hallucinati

Hallucinati

Nice. I ha e still not been able to get one cutting to root. I keep trying but Jesus...picky plants! They stay alive for a long time, but eventually they wither out. I've got rooting hormone powder (home depot, nothing special) but i still cannot get the little buggers to root!

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Dropped the big purple Tropicana cookies today. So many leaves on this one. Next time I run her it’s going to be hella leaf strip before flip. Really dense buds but small. Still on the fence with this one. So pretty in the garden. Also some fan leaf trichs pics. Also mystery seed from exotic genetics in the 1 gal terra pot. Also why can I not space these girls out so that they mature 1 at a x. Perhaps it’s because they try to get in cycle with each other if they’re only a week or two apart because of the big bag. Idk. So much frost right now. Praise Jah

7AA398DE FEFC 4617 B795 9DCE2EBDE63A
D71FF0FF D987 4437 8E4C FCB0CB144438
A10E66A2 D63A 4AEE 8670 F728BD108A0A
40CF68BC 9B90 4DEF 9E14 D5EE586380B0
7476688B FD4F 4C09 BC6C D90FA8D5E006
31AEEF30 D164 4356 A59D B3BFAB67916C
C12AA890 D43C 48D9 8837 2B50D944F019
CFEB40D4 7FD2 4559 BEB0 7E7E5A66FA16
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

You’re too kind. Thank you for looking in MIMedgrower. I certainly feel professionally stoned right now. Wish I could pass you this one. Cheers and good on ya.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Nice. I ha e still not been able to get one cutting to root. I keep trying but Jesus...picky plants! They stay alive for a long time, but eventually they wither out. I've got rooting hormone powder (home depot, nothing special) but i still cannot get the little buggers to root!
Yea dude. I’m hit or miss with the clones too. Sometimes a full tray takes other times I dump a bunch. Two clones right next to each other in the dome, from the same plant, one will root like mad, the other will do nothing. That’s why I take them nine or so at a time lol. Also I find that the heat mat with the thermostat is key. If you just use the heat mat they dry out while your at work or asleep. Mist every chance you can. Every once in a while give a squeeze to make sure the jiffy’s are not too wet. It’s fucking magic that they clone at all.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

hydrogen peroxide and water for 4 hrs soak then into reg water for the 24 hours soak then in paper towel in a cd case standing straight up,gravity make the root grow down and just plant hahah.
i have a bunch old seeds i scar first then the peroxide mix for 4 hours ,usally within 4 or 5 hours from taking them out of the peroxide water into reg water the vaiable seeds will sink to bottom ,if that matters if they pop a root into soil they go
Hey @oldskol4evet. What’s the ratio of water to peroxide for this step. Thank you in advance.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

So here’s a little demonstration/experiment: these are two Chem-OG specimens that were starting to over-veg in 1 gal pots and I did not have room for in the big bag. Since I’m in a 4x8 I decided I had a little room and dug around until I found some old 7 gal grow bags. I tucked the two plants into these bags in Fox Farm ocean forest only. No added perlite or castings or anything. I have given them nothing but water for 9 weeks. I also have not cleaned them up, removed dead leaves etc. I did stake and string them when they got top heavy. Here are pics of the plants and some bud closeups.
One thing I notice is that the Chem-og did not get the rich colors that it has in the big bag. There could be many reasons for this. I’m curious to dry and smoke this alongside the big bag herb and see if it is more “vanilla” or equal.
Anyway, I see a lot of people growing in FFOF. And beginners in many help threads ask why their leaves are yellowing. Immediately people call out deficiencies and suggest cal-mag. However, they are overwatering, or over feeding; the deficiency is a lockout. FFOF has plenty of calcium, Magnesium, and NPK to take (at least this strain) right through flower in 7 gal pots with judicial watering (no runoff). It’s not supersoil and this is not a grow I’m “proud of” or boasting about. We’ll see how they smoke and I’ll report weight.

9820C923 A689 4C4D 93CC 623E233214BC
9E0FE06E D08F 4683 B086 7854BC70DC39
4BE625F6 4A47 495B 91B3 ACBC88DE8BB7
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Also exotic genetics mystery seed finishing up in 1 gal of my soil.

6C711894 90AA 4411 AA84 63FB0C1B8E26
Reactions: Ina
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Oh. And I still have yet to get a seedling to take from my Humboldt Seed co California Sour Diesel packs. Using Oldskol’s peroxide method, I got a wink of a taproot out of 3 out of four seeds dropped. 1 planted 1 in a seed starter mix, 1 in FFOF and 1 in a scoop from the big bag and...
Nothing so far.
Boo. That’s 14 seeds and no bush so far. And it’s not like I’ve never popped a bean before. When I did the chem og I got 6/6 to sprout. The Chocolate Chunk was 3/3 (I still have 3). And of course it all began for me some10+ yrs ago with a single White Widow seed from a pack ordered with much trepidation from Nirvana seed co.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Finally got two Humboldt Seed Co California Sour Diesel seeds to take. 2 for 12 attempts. Argh. Just took humidity bags off of them. I hope they are worth the effort and frustration. I’ve been culling a few plants out of veg that have been in too long. Making sure everything is cloned up and ditching shit that I’ve let yellow up.

9D229E1F 7D1C 4C66 B00C F8F7AE00781F
4DEAACFD A9F4 4542 849B 080AF883E44E
Reactions: Ina
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

So here’s a little demonstration/experiment: these are two Chem-OG specimens that were starting to over-veg in 1 gal pots and I did not have room for in the big bag. Since I’m in a 4x8 I decided I had a little room and dug around until I found some old 7 gal grow bags. I tucked the two plants into these bags in Fox Farm ocean forest only. No added perlite or castings or anything. I have given them nothing but water for 9 weeks. I also have not cleaned them up, removed dead leaves etc. I did stake and string them when they got top heavy. Here are pics of the plants and some bud closeups.
One thing I notice is that the Chem-og did not get the rich colors that it has in the big bag. There could be many reasons for this. I’m curious to dry and smoke this alongside the big bag herb and see if it is more “vanilla” or equal.
Anyway, I see a lot of people growing in FFOF. And beginners in many help threads ask why their leaves are yellowing. Immediately people call out deficiencies and suggest cal-mag. However, they are overwatering, or over feeding; the deficiency is a lockout. FFOF has plenty of calcium, Magnesium, and NPK to take (at least this strain) right through flower in 7 gal pots with judicial watering (no runoff). It’s not supersoil and this is not a grow I’m “proud of” or boasting about. We’ll see how they smoke and I’ll report weight.
Id be proud of that! HELL YEAH! LOLđź‘Ť

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Id be proud of that! HELL YEAH! LOLđź‘Ť
Thanks Lemonhead. I used to grow everything like this. FFOF and just up pot before she runs runs through it. There are a million posts about FFOF and yellowing plants. Everyone always says “add cal-mag”. Or “more nutes” , but in a big enough pot FFOF will take you right through. The yellowing comes from over watering or over feeding 99% of the time.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Thanks Lemonhead. I used to grow everything like this. FFOF and just up pot before she runs runs through it. There are a million posts about FFOF and yellowing plants. Everyone always says “add cal-mag”. Or “more nutes” , but in a big enough pot FFOF will take you right through. The yellowing comes from over watering or over feeding 99% of the time.
From what I am reading and seen browsing through here and alot of help from Buzzer777 I am trying to get it through my head to not do just that. Haha. It's hard to let your potted plants dry out before you rehydrate them. Especially a plant as precious as these! I enjoy growing anything but especially plants I love. I doubt I will try hydro. I am a soil man! HA! LOL

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Finally got two Humboldt Seed Co California Sour Diesel seeds to take. 2 for 12 attempts. Argh. Just took humidity bags off of them. I hope they are worth the effort and frustration. I’ve been culling a few plants out of veg that have been in too long. Making sure everything is cloned up and ditching shit that I’ve let yellow up.
What's up with Humbolt seeds? Were they old or something?

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

So regarding that experiment, the FF
What's up with Humbolt seeds? Were they old or something?
i don’t know. 1st pack from them had no takers. This last try was 2 from last pack and two from a replacement pa k that Seeds Here Now sent and I got 2 to take. So maybe the rest of this pack is good. I’m just glad I got something.

Top Bottom