reusing soil???

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BobbyHopkins

Absoultely, don't mess with a good thing. That's really what got me started on this soil reusing deal, throwing it away didn't seem like a good thing and I wanted to mess with it. Seeing all that soil being tossed so frequently seemed wasteful..... and neglegent.

Anyway, I've talked this subject to death, I'll let it die. Have a good one Bill!!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Absoultely, don't mess with a good thing. That's really what got me started on this soil reusing deal, throwing it away didn't seem like a good thing and I wanted to mess with it. Seeing all that soil being tossed so frequently seemed wasteful..... and neglegent.

Anyway, I've talked this subject to death, I'll let it die. Have a good one Bill!!
Just because you use new soil each round doesn't mean you have to waste it. There are all kinds of things you can do with it besides throw it in the garbage including donating it to other gardeners.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

Im reuseing the soil in a couple beds...I added more new soil and Teas to amend of course

when I went digging around for old roots...there weren't really any. I loosened it up real good.
It looks good.
Im pretty sure my soil is alive...Im not gonna kill it...not yet.

i wouldn't worry about old roots anyway, just more organic matter in your medium

fwiw

ethnoman

ethnoman

I always reuse soil. I like to let it sit for a few weeks with some worms to let the fresh organic matter break down that's left in it from the root ball. Have it on a rotational sort of basis with a few different batches going at any one time. Throwing out soil seems completely absurd.

J

jessica d

If you have good microbial habits, no bugs or anything negative. yes:) A smart grower can create better soil then you can buy unless you can afford $30 a bag for worm compost

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
this soil has been used a few times
still workin pretty good.
Litedepb4 23

This is How that soil began.. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/make-your-own-soil.38505/

Abek666

Abek666

Yep Last years used soil is still workin pretty good:D

View attachment 213472

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i wish my country would allow this! I envy your freedom at this point^^ im just sick of this damn prohibition that had send sooo manny buddy's from me to jail and ruined so much lifes. Ok now i stop the off topic talk.

You are in a real better possition as the indoor stealth gardener when it comes to reusing soil. Your soil can take much stuff up from the rain, sun and air that the indoor gardens could not possible get, so you really dont get manny issues on your setup but the lag of space is a problem to manny peps out there and sometimes (i dont do this) its better to start fresh any run just when you dont have the space to even store some 100 litres of soil.
Btw reusing, reamending and revitalising the soil and the life in it is also the way to go for me so i'm just saying that its sometimes the only option for peps to get there med cheap^^

have a good day^^

Dr.Infern

Dr.Infern

interesting thread, i am definitely going to give this a try at some point.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Btw reusing, reamending and revitalising the soil and the life in it is also the way to go for me so i'm just saying that its sometimes the only option for peps to get there med cheap^^

have a good day^^

Howdy Abe. Good point...the soil in pots in an indoor grow should probably be recycled.

Hope you day is wonderful too. :)

Alien88

Alien88

LMFAO, great analogy, that's about how I feel when it comes to reusing grow media of any kind. Dude, it's like $1/gal at the store, just go buy more. Fookin hippies, lol.
What kind of soil are u using that is $1 a gal.?

Top Bottom