RI shops

• Thread starter claudacio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RCG420

Really? I have used the Power Trip products and so have some of my friends. I haven't had any issues with any of my equipment and neither have my friends as far as I know. I've heard nothing but good things about the company.

C

claudacio

Thanks guys. I have to say all the good advice you guys posted will be for future reference because I had some computer problems and the last time I checked this thread there was no replies yet and I had to go with what I knew. I went out to the organically grown in cranston (I think thats where it was) and I have to say I'm not pissed but I'm not exactly happy either. I thought I would have gotten a little better of a deal than I did.

I got:

1-1000 watt sun light supply (I think thats the name, white mag ballast) switchable ballast

1- yield master air cooled reflector (the smallest one of course)

1-1000 watt hps hortilux bulb, nothing special

1- 6"x24" carbon filter (phresh filter I think ???)

1 - 4x4 grow tent (this fucker has holes that are perfect for light leaks all over it, thankfully my room can be blacked out during lights out, fuck....why did I buy a tent though right???)

1- 60 site ez cloner (I think this was the best piece of gear I purchased)

I wasnt going to buy the cloner initially and I could have gotten a bigger tent and probably 2 600's to put in there but I really needed that cloner. I cant clone for shit using the traditional method, I took 40+ clones, I think like 6 are still living, not good at all. I fired up that ez cloner 11 days ago and roughly all of the clones I put in popped roots 2 days ago, I'm just waiting for the slow ones to catch up but as far as I can see its a 100% first run.

The only thing I need now is more nutes so that will be my next purchase, I am slowly running out of everything. In the beginning I purchased technifloras recipe for success which I think was the best thing they could have sold me at that place, but I am running out of all of the products, some I've purchased quart bottles of are now down to nothing and it seems like its all the most expensive shit, thrive alive b1 red, sugar daddy, superthrive, hygrozyme. Definitely the most expensive products......

But again, I thank all of you for the input, I will definitely be using it. I do like saving the $ when I buy online but I also like being able to jump in my car and go get what I need, paying a little more isnt that big of a deal and it is nice to be able to go back to the place I bought the stuff at if I do have a problem. However, with my milwaukkee PH/PPM/EC meter, being able to go back there isnt proving to be of any help, they carry a replacement probe for the MW850, they sell the MW802. Dont ask me why, but they dont carry the replacement probe for the "best meter money can buy" as I was told, obviously theres no need for a replacement but they should have at least ordered the fucking thing for me, but no go......cant get it.... Now I guess at my PPM/EC and use the little dripper method for ph. I cant take it much longer but lack of cash is preventing me from ordering a new one at the moment, I wanted to buy one when I went to the "big" store when I purchased the light and all that, but they only had the 850 probe as well...

I'm ready to abandon growing and start selling the products to grow, seems like its much more lucrative and theres no need to ever say sorry.....

Thank you for the help again, and sorry for the store rant, once I started I couldnt stop.....hopefully the next time I use one of those stores that were mentioned I wont have so much to complain about.....

K

kushedout

srry og charged more den u had to, mother nature has cheap prices on the starter kit, and they carry the whole line. why pay more. if your down south, there opening a super store on 6802 post road kingston.

Theapprentice

Theapprentice

Thanks guys. I have to say all the good advice you guys posted will be for future reference because I had some computer problems and the last time I checked this thread there was no replies yet and I had to go with what I knew. I went out to the organically grown in cranston (I think thats where it was) and I have to say I'm not pissed but I'm not exactly happy either. I thought I would have gotten a little better of a deal than I did.

I got:

1-1000 watt sun light supply (I think thats the name, white mag ballast) switchable ballast

1- yield master air cooled reflector (the smallest one of course)

1-1000 watt hps hortilux bulb, nothing special

1- 6"x24" carbon filter (phresh filter I think ???)

1 - 4x4 grow tent (this fucker has holes that are perfect for light leaks all over it, thankfully my room can be blacked out during lights out, fuck....why did I buy a tent though right???)

1- 60 site ez cloner (I think this was the best piece of gear I purchased)

I wasnt going to buy the cloner initially and I could have gotten a bigger tent and probably 2 600's to put in there but I really needed that cloner. I cant clone for shit using the traditional method, I took 40+ clones, I think like 6 are still living, not good at all. I fired up that ez cloner 11 days ago and roughly all of the clones I put in popped roots 2 days ago, I'm just waiting for the slow ones to catch up but as far as I can see its a 100% first run.

The only thing I need now is more nutes so that will be my next purchase, I am slowly running out of everything. In the beginning I purchased technifloras recipe for success which I think was the best thing they could have sold me at that place, but I am running out of all of the products, some I've purchased quart bottles of are now down to nothing and it seems like its all the most expensive shit, thrive alive b1 red, sugar daddy, superthrive, hygrozyme. Definitely the most expensive products......

But again, I thank all of you for the input, I will definitely be using it. I do like saving the $ when I buy online but I also like being able to jump in my car and go get what I need, paying a little more isnt that big of a deal and it is nice to be able to go back to the place I bought the stuff at if I do have a problem. However, with my milwaukkee PH/PPM/EC meter, being able to go back there isnt proving to be of any help, they carry a replacement probe for the MW850, they sell the MW802. Dont ask me why, but they dont carry the replacement probe for the "best meter money can buy" as I was told, obviously theres no need for a replacement but they should have at least ordered the fucking thing for me, but no go......cant get it.... Now I guess at my PPM/EC and use the little dripper method for ph. I cant take it much longer but lack of cash is preventing me from ordering a new one at the moment, I wanted to buy one when I went to the "big" store when I purchased the light and all that, but they only had the 850 probe as well...

I'm ready to abandon growing and start selling the products to grow, seems like its much more lucrative and theres no need to ever say sorry.....

Thank you for the help again, and sorry for the store rant, once I started I couldnt stop.....hopefully the next time I use one of those stores that were mentioned I wont have so much to complain about.....

if you dont mind me asking... what was your total cost of all that equipment?

C

claudacio

I believe it was just under $1400, like $1392 or something. I know I could have gotten probably a little better deal but not much. The thing was.... I was thinking because I was gonna spend a fair amount of cash (let me be real, $1500 isnt that much in the scope of things but on the other hand it is a lot of cash for me) I was going to be able to get maybe a little better equipment or some extra nutes.....just something more than I got thats all.

My gripe was more with the amount of driving and amount of money I spent on gas getting there. I use their other location for the most part because its the only game in town for me, and everytime I go there they tell me about the "RI MEGASTORE" where the prices are next to free and all kinds of bullshit. So I figured if I could save a few bucks ok, cool thanks....... I spent probably 30 times what I saved in the store, if I saved anything by going there on gas and the prices were barely any less than their other location that I normally go to. They really gave me the impression that the place in RI was the SHIZZ..... all kinds of turnkey hydro systems setup along with lights and tents all setup to see how they work and I'd be able to see all these products working and all that...... they had one 4x4 tent with a 30 site ez cloner in it and it was a small ass store with a bunch of 5 gallon containers of nutes jammed in there. They did have a lot of shit, but the only thing they had that the store I got to doesnt is 5 gallon containers of nutes where as the one I go to you have to order those ahead of time. Other than that I seen nothing that they didnt have in the store more local to me.

Dont get me wrong the place was decent, it was just made out to be a lot more than it was and I paid a lot more than I thought I was going to. I coulda went to the one that was 30 minutes away rather than 3 hours and 30 minutes one way and just saved the gas money and the wear and tear on my POS SUV and been able to get more nutes or something....anything.

I have the receipt somewhere, I'll post the exact amount but it was just under $1400 I think.

jyip

jyip

i be thinkin of C Columbus 1392 w/ur bill there

hey claudacio..
can you break down the pricing too? like how much for the hood, the cloner, the nutes and what they are sizewise, the HPS bulb, the ballast
fyi
i paid 350 bucks for my 430 watt HPS sunlight brand cast aluminum finned ballast,with 4inch aircooled hood,,,I paid around 300 for a microgarden, which was a 2 x 3 foot tray ona 25 gal res w/the 430 hps over it worked wellhttp://www.growannex.com/hydroponics/hydro-systems/turbo-garden-ebb-and-flow i forgot what bulbs cost,,maybe like sixty?..I paid 200 for a cheapo 1000 watt ballast with bulb fixture, ten flood cord, and another 135 for a nice sunlight brand hood , 6 inch air-cooled ( i have never used the air-cooled feature yet w/glass installed ), 135 for a ten inch diameter carbon filter I never used yet either, i do use an ionizer when needed w/great results...that was 220. btw,i paid 200 for a 4 x 4 foot tray with 40 gal res , thats 4 under the 1 K hps bulb and gives me around 65watts per sq ft on the tray

but i shared the info to hopefully encourage you to not give up n keep trying to grow un til it comes together for you, read up, watch peeps that seem to do better than others, run your groarea like a sterile ER operating room, clean, clean, clean, no cats n dogs checkin out the nuggs w/ya in there, only one should be you, unless u have someone that troubleshoots problems,and those you can overcome online w/your camera taking pics so peeps can diagnosis your plt issues or whatnot...it is a GREAT way to learn n grow with infinite wisdom & grow knowledge here online

some products work great, some are not needed, some are, and so on, growing should be a relaxing time verse stressing out on whatever your poison may be, I know mine all to well,
but the point is keep growing and you will hone that gro area into a higher producer than it is today as u fine tune it and get better at tweakin n adjustin, such as i went from the 430 watter to the 1000 watt bulb w/diff set-ups tweaking it as needed,,,if fact i will share a pic of the last tray i did ( awhile back now tho, sadly) ,, this had 23 plts in the 4 x 4 ft ebb n flo tray w/ 40 gal res,,, coco pebbles, canna hydro nutes, and gravity to finish, sucanat all during flower too.... after a few times you know how many teaspoons of ph down to get res to 5.8pH, how much mill to do res w/nutes, whcih order to do them in, best way to pump out OLD res solution ( i use a cheapo coiled 50ft. hose i run to my toilet and it is gone forever ), then i use it to run fresh cold water right back into res and all done till next time, EASY aint it?
oh, you need airflow in there too right? I have two oscillating fans goin 24/7 ,plus a strong 6 inch inline fan, 275 cfm's that can emtpy the area within a minute or so that goes on if it gets 77F degrees in there, i use the inline fan to exhausts the room which creates negative pressure and sucks the fresh air in from the fresh air intake inlet i made,
You are the GOD of your indoor eco system,,,if u dont want the tent, sell it, buy something u want for your resined up girls so their trichomes stand out at attention all ready to get amber and smoked up by you... so find a good strain and gro it and smoke it up and enjoy your fine medical herb
later
man n good luck w/manny bountiful harvests to you!!
oh, this pic, the tray has 730 grams around w/9 diff strains in there too! so one round n ur well above even cuz u can get 2 lbs w/ur setup there too

Theapprentice

Theapprentice

Thats a mighty nice set up. Someday I would like a similar picture of my own

C

claudacio

Thanks jyip, I know I was bitching and moaning a little but I am in no way giving up at all, as you said time in the grow room should be relaxing and it is, its the only place I dont smoke (cigs) and sometimes its for hours on end and it doesnt even enter my mind because I'm so involved with what I'm doing..... But I have kinks from here to god knows where to work out. I could honestly solve them all with X amount of $ but I dont have X amount of $ so day by day I do a little tinkering on this, a little tinkering on that and its coming along. I have not a whole lot of room to expand but I have enough room to keep add 5 maybe 6 4x4 tents which is what I kinda plan on doing. I dont and probably wont have enough coin to just bust it out and do the whole area at once and not even use the tents but I figure after each harvest I'll invest in another 4x4 with a 600 or 1000w light and build my setup that way.

My issue is I want it all done 2 weeks ago but as I'm sure you and any experienced grower knows, this isnt a hobby that the word rush exists in without severe consequences, learned that the hard way too.

It does suck because I dont have any other friends that grow so I just keep this to myself, dont get me wrong my 1 20+ year friend (I'm in my early 30's) knows and understands what would happen to me if he ran his mouth but if I had any concern of him blabbing I wouldnt have told/shown him, I actually wanted him to partner up with me but he stalled at the last second so I went ahead without him....now that things are going the way I said they would......he was offering this, that and if I asked he'd probably let me bone his wife but I just told him that this is something I need to do on my own, it was best that I didnt take a partner, 2 head chefs cause problems, especially when neither of them know how to cook....

But back to the receipt, I lost the receipt, actually I think I do have it but its in my grow room that is on lights out in the 12/12 side so I have a little while before I can go in there without disturbing the chitlins.... but when I go down I'll look for it, and if I cant find it I'll write down the prices from the stuff on the boxes as I wasnt about to just toss them in the dumpster outside my apartment with the rest of my trash.

But again. Thanks for the kind words dude, sometimes we need to hear it, and when no one in your circle of people knows your after hours activities......you get the point, LOL

Give me a couple hours and I'll get those prices for you.... And by the way, that pic was amazing dude. That is what I am striving for. Thats one thing I WISH we had around here, dispensaries that sold clones of different strains without having to start from seed, or I need to make some friends with genetics to trade or something... FUCK...that looks good...congrats on that one man... I'll be looking for your journal if you have any going, post a link.

K

kushedout

Mother Nature hydroponics opened a new location in N. kingstown, 6802 post road. Same pricing, but more convenient for the southern rhode island growers.

E

EvilGenius

i guess alot of you folks overlooked the title of the thread being 'RI SHOPS' not online shops, ma shops, ect..

vince vega

vince vega

How about a little love for the guys, and girl, at Hydro earth? One store on mineral ave, one in swansea, ma.
Very helpful, cool cats and the dame is the coolest chick ever. :o) I think the prices are right-on. Yeah you can order online and save 10% (like anywhere) but for me the advise, knowing there is a place to get-er-done in an emergency etc. is why you should pony up the lil extra in the first place. Support your local shop whichever one floats your float.

BTW... They offer a 1000 watt starter package, ghetto ballast, better hood great bulb, for $400 with advise and good vibe. Whats not to like?
Peace

K

kushedout

IMAG0022.jpg
IMAG0021.jpg

one plant 20 zips, thanks to advice and products from mother nature hydroponics, and they have a 1000 watt aircooled set-up for $289, cheapest around, been to hydro earth they recommended floranova, botanicare aerated soil, on ebb and flow, what a mess that was.:worried

Reactions: mal
W

wkpjr1967

Nice grow kushedout !
What strain is that and how do I get some ;)

C

claudacio

Hey fellas I apologize for the delay, I ran into some problems that day and ended up forgetting what I was supposed to do.

But heres what I payed for everything:

Yield master 2 classic 6" $99.95
6" inline fan 440CFM $169.95
Phresh filter 6"x24" $177.95
crop master 1000 watt switchable ballast $173.95
ultra sun 1000 watt HPS bulb $56.95
sun hut XL (4x4x7) $229.95
EZ-clone 60 site $339.95
clonex solution, quart $22.95

sub total $1271.60
tax $89.01
total $1360.61

In the next few weeks I have some money coming to me so I will be looking to get another tent setup, probably a 4x8 minimum with 2 1000 watt HPS lights, basically another complete setup so I have some shopping around to do. I also want to switch to earth juice, any places in RI carry the entire line? I want to stock up on everything so I dont have to take anymore hour long rides for a single bottle of hygrozyme or whatever, but I'd like to buy a little higher quality products this time around rather than just the cheapest shit to get me going, I'm going...so its time to get some HQ stuff.....suggestions? RI is actually out of state for me so I am looking to find the closest place as well as one with a little different selection of stuff than organically grown. I gotta say I like the people there, they always treat me decent but it always seems I get treated decent after I start piling up hundreds of dollars worth of shit on the counters. I spent that $ I listed out above but I cant tell you how many times I've gone in there and blew every dime in my pocket, and most times I go there with at least a few hundred on me, I tend try and leave cash and credit cards home so I can only spend a set amount because I'll walk out of there with shit I have zero need for as we all will sometimes.

But as far as what I will be trying to buy in the next couple of weeks,

Depending on how much I can get the lights for, if I get a 4x8 I wanna do 2 1k's, if I end up getting an 8x8 I wanna do either 2 1k's on movers or 3 600's on movers. Not sure which is gonna work out better.
Another inline fan 10 or 12 inch for expandability, maybe 2.
Carbon filters, probably 2
Some kind of light controller that I can wire into my service, 3 1000 k lights is a lot of juice to work with off my service as its a sub-service panel that was basically intended for a small office with only 1 20 amp breaker in it, which I am managing not to use at the moment with my entire grow thats going on now, so I think I could run the 2 1k's off of that with the proper planning and provisions.
The earthjuice line of nutes,
a gallon or 2 of hygrozyme

The only real thing I have set in stone is the style of growing I will be doing which will be lots of smaller plants, as big of a SOG I can do in these tents with 20-24 inch clones, either in coco or in hempies so I'm going to need a whole lot of pots as well.

Theres quite a few dollars worth of shit I want/need, I already have a decent grow setup going on so this is all bonus stuff so I wont be buying shit I am in a pinch for seeing I dont actually need it, so I'd like to get my $ worth this time possibly trying to make a deal at one of these places. Any recommendations of places that any of you guys did something similar with when buying a lot of shit at once?

Thanks again and sorry for the delay on posting that info for you.

K

kushedout

thats strawberry diesel, done with yellow bottles nutrients, ooze bloom makes it super sticky while final bloom fattens those bad boys up, i handed out a few cuttings, but now im on to the next line ups of strains, the strawberry diesel was actually one of my smaller yielding plants, so 20 zips was extremely good, on a good yielder 24 zips is a breeze with some veg time. And mother nature is the only store with yellow bottles in R.I.

218487 131804720227041 100001925402337 222379 1692903 o
K

kushedout

Hey fellas I apologize for the delay, I ran into some problems that day and ended up forgetting what I was supposed to do.

But heres what I payed for everything:

Yield master 2 classic 6" $99.95
6" inline fan 440CFM $169.95
Phresh filter 6"x24" $177.95
crop master 1000 watt switchable ballast $173.95
ultra sun 1000 watt HPS bulb $56.95
sun hut XL (4x4x7) $229.95
EZ-clone 60 site $339.95
clonex solution, quart $22.95

sub total $1271.60
tax $89.01
total $1360.61

In the next few weeks I have some money coming to me so I will be looking to get another tent setup, probably a 4x8 minimum with 2 1000 watt HPS lights, basically another complete setup so I have some shopping around to do. I also want to switch to earth juice, any places in RI carry the entire line? I want to stock up on everything so I dont have to take anymore hour long rides for a single bottle of hygrozyme or whatever, but I'd like to buy a little higher quality products this time around rather than just the cheapest shit to get me going, I'm going...so its time to get some HQ stuff.....suggestions? RI is actually out of state for me so I am looking to find the closest place as well as one with a little different selection of stuff than organically grown. I gotta say I like the people there, they always treat me decent but it always seems I get treated decent after I start piling up hundreds of dollars worth of shit on the counters. I spent that $ I listed out above but I cant tell you how many times I've gone in there and blew every dime in my pocket, and most times I go there with at least a few hundred on me, I tend try and leave cash and credit cards home so I can only spend a set amount because I'll walk out of there with shit I have zero need for as we all will sometimes.

But as far as what I will be trying to buy in the next couple of weeks,

Depending on how much I can get the lights for, if I get a 4x8 I wanna do 2 1k's, if I end up getting an 8x8 I wanna do either 2 1k's on movers or 3 600's on movers. Not sure which is gonna work out better.
Another inline fan 10 or 12 inch for expandability, maybe 2.
Carbon filters, probably 2
Some kind of light controller that I can wire into my service, 3 1000 k lights is a lot of juice to work with off my service as its a sub-service panel that was basically intended for a small office with only 1 20 amp breaker in it, which I am managing not to use at the moment with my entire grow thats going on now, so I think I could run the 2 1k's off of that with the proper planning and provisions.
The earthjuice line of nutes,
a gallon or 2 of hygrozyme

The only real thing I have set in stone is the style of growing I will be doing which will be lots of smaller plants, as big of a SOG I can do in these tents with 20-24 inch clones, either in coco or in hempies so I'm going to need a whole lot of pots as well.

Theres quite a few dollars worth of shit I want/need, I already have a decent grow setup going on so this is all bonus stuff so I wont be buying shit I am in a pinch for seeing I dont actually need it, so I'd like to get my $ worth this time possibly trying to make a deal at one of these places. Any recommendations of places that any of you guys did something similar with when buying a lot of shit at once?

Thanks again and sorry for the delay on posting that info for you.

if your in ma harvest moon in foxboro has all the earth juice line, if your in conn. check out mother nature in n. kingstown, they also have the whole earth juice set up,you do get some tasty stuff with earth juice.:sun

K

kushedout

yes 20 zips dry, not including what went into the bubble machine, and the yellow bottles, i believe its yellow bottles, advanced horticulture. They are amazing really concentrated stuff.

C

claudacio

Do you have a link to mother nature or an address? I cant find it, all kinds of things come up but no stores in north kingstown.

Thank you by the way, much appreciated.

K

kushedout

mother nature is in 6802 post road, north kingstown, and 1268 post road warwick,

Top Bottom