Rick Simpsons healing oil, make the medicine!

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WPCollective

WPCollective

I just wrote a detailed explanation of how I make it below.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/full-extract-cannabis-oil-or-rick-simpson-oil.77473/

I use ISO, 4 pint mason jars, and time. I also filter it a lot, starting with stainless, fine filters to unbleached coffee filters. I filter it at least 5 times. It gets rid of all the thick, nasty, plant matter. I get a consistent, dark green, oil. I was using 190 proof grain alcohol but 99% is a lot easier to get, especially in bulk. There is a consumer limit on the 190 proof.

I use heat to evaporate the alcohol then infuse the oil into different products depending on what I use. Naptha is horrible so is denatured alcohol. They both work as a solvent but they both leave a horrible taste and residue.

Not that vaporized chlorophyll tastes great or anything but I'd rather it tastes like plant than chemical. If I'm not infusing it, I leave it on the heat pad just stir it until it doesn't bubble anymore. You don't have to add water because the alcohol already has water in it, that will evaporate over 2 days on heat. Just stir it. I bought a digital heat pad, which really helps dial in the oil for my tinctures, capsules, and salves.

Heat Pad - eBay

The pictures are some of my oil infused with vegetable glycerin. I put the infused vegetable glycerin in capsules to ingest every 4-6 hours or I use it in edibles, tea, and e-liquid.

RSO vgblend
RSO vgblendclose
5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

my friends mom has ovarian cancer and she's been eating a couple of milligrams of RSO a day, it's been about a year now with chemo she is currently stable. she loves rick simpson's oil and doesn't know how she could have gone through chemo without it.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Everclear has way to many impuities in it for me, at just 190 proof or 95% alcohol the boiling point is a little lower and becuase it is ethyl alcohol could be subject to alcohol exise taxes when sold, that licorish taste is a binder added to the liquor which again, for me steps away from the purity, not that the way I do it anymore pure in the end product but the solvent used sure is..

Here are some common solvent boiling points:
(Consider them all toxic but the ones labelled "toxic" are REALLY nasty...)

ACETONE (dimethyl ketone, ketone propanone, propanone)
bp 56.48 C

BENZENE (C6H6, benzol, phenyl hydride, coal naptha) (included for comparison and cautions...you wouldn't want it around yourself anyway)
bp 80.1 C,
TOXIC: 3000 ppm vapor considered high concentration, toxic via inhalation or skin absorption as well as oral ingestion, prolonged inhalation of low concentrations also toxic
NOTE: do not confuse with benzine which is a petroleum distillate
Caution: TOXIC: Benzene is a recognized leukemogen (causes leukemia)!

BUTANE (C4H10, n-butane, methylethyl methane, butyl hydride)
bp -0.5 C

CHLOROFORM (CHCL3, trichloromethane)
bp 62.26 C,

DICHLOROMETHANE see methylene chloride

DECANE (CH3(CH2)8CH3)
bp aprox 174 C

DIETHYL ETHER (C2H5-O-C2H5, ether, ethyl ether, anesthesia ether, ethyl oxide)
bp 35 C

ETHYL ALCOHOL (ethanol, methyl corbinol, spirit of wine, grain alcohol, Everclear, 95%)
bp 78.32 C,
note: there have been reports of people using denatured alcohol as a solvent.

NOT a good idea if the result is for human or animal use.
May be ok if it is denatured only with something that will be eliminated when the solvent is boiled off (e.g. with methyl alcohol).

If you don't ABSOUTELY know that you can eliminate the denaturant, then don't use denatured alcohol!
Results varying from death to blindness could result!

KEROSENE
bp 175-325

HEPTANE (C7H16)
bp aprox 98 C

HEXANE (C6H14)
bp aprox 69 C

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (dimethyl alcohol, sec-propyl alcohol, isopropanol)
bp 80.3 C,

METHYL ALCOHOL (methanol, wood alcohol)
bp 64.8 C,
TOXIC !! death to blindness can result from it's ingestion!

METHYLENE CHLORIDE (CH2Cl2, dichloromethane)
bp 39.8
TOXIC!!

NAPTHA, V.M. & P. (benzine, 76 degree naptha)
bp 100-140 C,

NAPTHA, V.M. & P.
bp 138-165 C,

NONANE (C9H20, n-nonane)
bp aprox 151 C

OCTANE (C8H18)
bp aprox 126 C

PENTANE (C5H12, n-pentane)
bp aprox 36 C

PETROLEUM SPIRITS (petroleum benzine, petroleum naptha, light ligroin, petroleum ether, mineral spirits)
bp 35-180 C,

alpha-TRICHLOROETHANE (CH3CCl3, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, methyl chloroform)
bp 74.1 C,

TOLUENE (C6H5CH3, methylbenzene, phenylmethane, toluol)
bp 110.4 C

TURPENTINE (spirit of turpentine, turpentine gum, turpentine oil)
bp 154-170 C

WATER (H2O)
bp 100 C (212 F)
Amazing solvent that you can actually drink!

XYLENE (C6H4(CH3)2)
(m-xylene) bp 139 C
(o-xylene) bp 144.4 C
(p-xylene) bp 138.3 C

I'm sure this has been posted but it's pretty easy to still your own moonshine. 200 proof clean solvent after 3 or 4 distillations.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

For those of you who have watched the documentary "Run from the Cure", this should answer any questions about producing your own oil. I recommend that people grow their own hemp either in a small indoor grow system or outdoors. Growing it yourself will eliminate the high cost associated with buying hemp from drug dealers. The cost of hemp can vary greatly from dealer to dealer and so can the quality of the hemp. For anyone new to growing hemp a good book or video on the subject is a necessity. If you go to Cannabis Culture, the good people there should be able to point you in the right direction.

Caution:
Oils that drug dealers sell can have many contaminants and often little or no THC. From my experience, most hemp oil available on the street should be avoided for medicinal use. Make your own oil or have someone you trust produce the oil to assure a very pure, high quality oil is produced.

How much to make and take?
One pound (500g) of bone-dry hemp buds will usually produce about 2 ounces (55 - 60 mL) of high-grade oil. This amount of oil will cure most serious cancers; the average person can ingest this amount in about three months. This oil is very potent so one must begin treatment with small doses. A drop of oil about half the size of a grain of rice, two to four times a day is a good beginning. After four or five days, start increasing your daily dosage very gradually. As time goes on the body builds a tolerance to the oil and more and more can be taken. In cases where people are in a great deal of pain, I recommend that their dosage be quickly increased until it kills the pain. High quality hemp oil will stop pain even when morphine is not effective. The oil can be applied to external injuries for pain relief in minutes.

Will I get high?
Following the dosage previously described, many people can take the full treatment and never get high. In regards to hemp, getting "high" is a joke, even if a person does take too much oil the effect wears off quickly and no harm is done. No one has ever died from the use of hemp medicine.

Will I become addicted?
Hemp oil does not cause your body to crave more. It is non-addictive, harmless and effective for practically any medical condition.

Is this the same as hemp seed oil?
No! This is hemp oil, made from the bud and small leaves of the hemp plant. It is the essential oil of the hemp plant. Health food store sells oil made from hemp seed that is often mislabeled as hemp oil. Although seed oil is very beneficial, it does not contain enough THC to have any effect on cancer and other serious illnesses.

Are hemp and marijuana the same?
The word marijuana is one of over four hundred slang terms used worldwide to describe the cannabis and/or hemp plant.

Are all hemp plants the same?
When buying or growing hemp, procure a strain that has the highest possible THC content. To energize someone suffering from depression, I recommend a good Sativa strain. For most other medical conditions, I strongly suggest that Indica strains be used. Indicas relax a person and provide them with more rest and sleep.

How do I use it?
High quality hemp oil can be vapourized, ingested or used topically. Add the oil to creams and salves for external use.

Where can I get information about making the oil?
For someone new to making the oil I suggest that you go to "Run From The Cure". There you can watch our documentary in seven segments. Segment #4 shows how the oil can be produced at home or one can go to Phoenix Tears Movie and download the full documentary. You will need a high-speed internet connection and there is no charge. The process in the video could only be described as crude at best, but the oil that is produced will cure cancer. In reality, this medicine should be produced in a controlled environment, using distilling equipment, etc. to reclaim the solvent and to purify the oil. Most people do not understand distilling and do not have access to the required equipment. This is the reason such a simple method is descried in the documentary, so if need be just about anyone can produce the oil. As in the video, again we stress that this process, if not done properly can be dangerous and we bear no responsibility if this educational information is misused.

My process:
Starting material:
I generally work with a pound or more of good grade hemp starting material. You can use just one ounce. An ounce will usually produce 3 or 4 grams of oil. The amount of oil produced per ounce of hemp will vary from strain to strain, but it all has that wonderful healing power.
1 - Place the completely dry starting material in a plastic bucket.
2 - Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. I like to use pure naphtha but it costs $500 for a 45-gallon drum. You can use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can find in your local drug stores. Alcohol absorbs more chlorophyll from the plant material than naphtha does. This gives oils made with alcohol a darker colour but does not diminish the potency of the oil to any noticeable degree. Ether, naphtha or butane and many other solvents can produce oils that are amber and transparent. Granted these clear oils do look better but dark oil can be just as potent. If the process is done properly, little or no solvent residue is left in the oil. I have been consuming oils produced using different solvents for eight years with no harmful effects. You will require about two gallons of solvent to strip the THC off one pound of dry starting material. 500 milliliters of solvent should be more than enough to strip the THC from one ounce of hemp starting material.
3 - Crush the plant material using a stick of clean untreated (chemical free) wood or some such device. Even though the starting material has been dampened with the solvent, you will find that the material can be readily crushed.
4 - Add solvent until the starting material is completely covered.
Use the stick to work the plant material. As you are doing this, the THC dissolves off the plant material into the solvent.
5 - Continue this process for about 3 minutes.
6 - Pour the solvent-oil mix off the plant material into another bucket. You have just stripped the plant material of about 80% of its THC.
7 - Second wash - again add solvent to the plant material and work it for another 3 minutes to get the other 20%.
8 - Pour this solvent-oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was poured off previously.
9 - Discard the twice-washed plant material.
10- Pour the solvent-oil mix through a coffee filter into a clean container.
11- Boil the solvent off. I have found that a rice cooker will do this boil off very nicely. The one I have has two heat settings - high and low - and will hold over a half gallon (2.5 liters) of solvent-oil mix.
12- Add solvent-oil mix to the rice cooker until it is about ¾ full.
Make sure you are in a very well ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

13- Plug the rice cooker in and set it on high heat.
14- Continue adding solvent-oil mix as the level in the rice cooker decreases until it is all in the cooker.
15- Add a few drops of water to the solvent-oil mix as the level comes down for the last time. The amount of water added depends on how much starting material you had in the beginning. If I am producing oil from a pound of good bud, I usually add about ten drops of water.
16- When there is about one inch of solvent-oil-water mix left in the cooker, put on your oven mitts, pick the unit up and gently swirl the contents
17- Continue swirling until the solvent has been evaporated off. The few drops of water help release the solvent residue and protect the oil somewhat from too much heat. When the solvent has been boiled off, the cooker that I use automatically goes to low heat. This avoids any danger of overheating the oil. At no time should the temperature of the oil go over 290F degrees (140 C).
18- Put on your oven mitts and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker.
19- Gently pour the oil into a small stainless steel container.
20- Place this container in a dehydrator or put in on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a few hours but the water and volatile turpines will be evaporated from the oil. When there is no longer any activity on the surface of the oil the medicine is ready for use.
21- Pour the hot oil into a bottle; or as in the video suck it up into a plastic syringe. Putting the oil in a plastic syringe makes it very easy to dispense the medicine.

When the oil cools off it has the consistency of thick grease. Some strains will produce very thick oil and you may have trouble squeezing it out of the syringe. If this happens, place the syringe in warm water a few minutes prior to use.

To anyone starting to use hemp oil as a medication, here are some simple facts.

Hemp oil will lower blood pressure and if you are on blood pressure medication, you may find that this medication is no longer needed. The same is true for diabetics. I have seen hemp oil control blood sugar to the extent that insulin was no longer needed.

I am not a doctor and I do not have the right to tell people what they should do. Personally, I would not consider taking any cancer treatments currently in use by our medical system, I do not recommend that hemp oil be taken along with chemotherapy. What would be the sense of making your own cure and then allowing the medical system to give you massive doses of poison?

From my experience with hemp medicine, I have found that most pharmaceutical medications are no longer needed once a person starts using hemp oil. Hemp oil seems to mix well with most natural medications but I have had a few reports from people trying to take hemp oil and pharmaceuticals who experienced stomach pain etc. All problems ceased when they stopped taking the prescription drugs.

To anyone who is going to act on this information to help a loved one, I welcome you to the world of real medicine. Again, I caution you to be very careful when boiling the solvent off. The fumes are very flammable. Be sure to stay away from red-hot elements, sparks, cigarettes etc. that could ignite the fumes.

I wish you the best luck and health.

Warmest regards,
Rick Simpson.
Yes ISO, methanol, or ethanol will extract the clorophyll, fats and lipids from the plant material.

However there is a way to filter this out. Its called winterizing.

Put the filtered liquid in the freezer for 24 hours and filter the liquid in the freezer.

I make QWISO, and after winterizing my liquid is a pretty Honey/yellow color before i purge off the alcohol.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm sure this has been posted but it's pretty easy to still your own moonshine. 200 proof clean solvent after 3 or 4 distillations.
You can get higher than 190 proof but 200 proof is not very likely. Potent alcohol will absorb watee out of the atmosphere

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Two.BearsM7861 said:
You can get higher than 190 proof but 200 proof is not very likely. Potent alcohol will absorb watee out of the atmosphere
Rick doesn't recommend alcohol

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

1470793186520 1684163790

I know. I'm reading his book. He liked Namptha. I fully understand why. Tge alcohol extracts clorophyll, fats and lipids. Those have no healing property, abd make tge medicine taste HORRIBLE.

However if you freeze the alcohol and plant material before extraction and have a Quick Wash 60-90 seconds. Then winterize the liquid (filtering in the freezer) you can easily remove those. I do it about every 2-3 weeks.

I would rather make QWISO any day than RSO.

1. Can be used internally and eternally like RSO if you purge the alcohol

2. I get more return than RSO. I get 17-24.5% return (about the same as using butane.

3. I can use it in edibles

4, i can make it into tinctures

5. If i run low on BHO i can dab QWISO. I prefer to dab QWISO to BHO. Winterizing gets rid if that harsh throat hit when you smoke weed or dab BHO.

6. I can turn QWISO into ejuice.

The photo abovet is .6 grams of QWISO I made today from 3.5 grams of girl Scout Cookies. The buds were about 6 weeks old and getting too Dry to smoke. So i turned It into QWISO. I got a 17.2% return on buds too old to smoke.

Mr Simpson says he gets only two ounces out of a pound of Marijuana. That is only 12.5% return. Once i got 24% return, and another tune i got 24.5 return these were fresh, and 17.2% return on old Dry buds.

Take a look at the thread shatter i'm old school. In that thread i spell out the entire process to make QWISO with step by step including winterizing.

In all honesty i will never make RSO AGAIN. This does everything RSO does and then some. Not to mention higher yield.

Besides my QWISO doesnt look black like RSO.

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Squirrel.

Just so yoy know; i have no problem with Mr Simpson. I consider Mr Simpson a Giant in this field. However He doesnt KNOW everything. He was stumbling around in the dark as human beings have been for thousands of years. Just like you and I.

I was able to piece together a way to make QWISO that removed the clorophyll fats and lipids and improved the product, gave me much higher yields (About the same as BHO) than RSO, and the ways of using QWISO is unlimited.

Use any way RSO can be used.
Made into tinctures
Made into ejuice
Smoked or dabbed
And more

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

HOLY SMOKE!

I posted a picture of QWISO where i made .6 grams of QWISO from old buds of Girl Scout Cookies.

Took a dab and that old buds hits like a freight train!

Strongest QWISO I have made. Flavor better than usual.

D

Danolo

My wife and I have had very good success with concentrated cannabis oil. For now, I'm buying it from a trusted dispensary and encapsulating it with olive oil and lecithin.

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fybromialgia. She uses two of these caps per day, each one contains about 75 mg of cannabinoids and she inserts them rectally. This bypasses the stomach acids and allows the concentrate to immediately absorb into her blood stream. Much better bio-availability than eating it.

The effect? She sleeps pain free, her swelling and weird knobs have reduced and she feels better overall. She's been doing this for three months now and is 99% off pharmaceuticals... once a month or so, she'll have a bad day will pop a Naproxin.
Usually on any given day, a few bowls of our favourite herb in the vaporiser, deals with any other pain and improves her mood (mine too :) )

If you'd like to learn more about how a make these capsules, let me know.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

My wife and I have had very good success with concentrated cannabis oil. For now, I'm buying it from a trusted dispensary and encapsulating it with olive oil and lecithin.

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fybromialgia. She uses two of these caps per day, each one contains about 75 mg of cannabinoids and she inserts them rectally. This bypasses the stomach acids and allows the concentrate to immediately absorb into her blood stream. Much better bio-availability than eating it.

The effect? She sleeps pain free, her swelling and weird knobs have reduced and she feels better overall. She's been doing this for three months now and is 99% off pharmaceuticals... once a month or so, she'll have a bad day will pop a Naproxin.
Usually on any given day, a few bowls of our favourite herb in the vaporiser, deals with any other pain and improves her mood (mine too :) )

If you'd like to learn more about how a make these capsules, let me know.
What solvent is used to extract Cannabinoids.

I only use Everclear or 99% ISO.

I ONLY use Swan 99% ISO. ITS 99% ISO and 1% water.

I don't recommend Namptha

D

Danolo

What solvent is used to extract Cannabinoids.

I only use Everclear or 99% ISO.

I ONLY use Swan 99% ISO. ITS 99% ISO and 1% water.

I don't recommend Namptha

I dunno what was used to make this oil... I buy it from a local dispensary and the staff know nothing.

Once my grow gets going, I'll be looking for ways to extract my own oil.
Thanks for the info... one day...

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I dunno what was used to make this oil... I buy it from a local dispensary and the staff know nothing.

Once my grow gets going, I'll be looking for ways to extract my own oil.
Thanks for the info... one day...

I dont usually RSO because you never know what solvent was used.

In Ricks book he recommended Light Nanptha, ethanol, or 99% ISO.

I DONT recommend Namptha.

I used Everclear and. 99% ISO.

99% ISO does a better job. I mean higher yields.

Wolfe

Wolfe

If you follow his instructions to a T, the oil is crap and i wouldn't bother...Napthane leaves a serious residual smell and taste and i have tried all kinds of vapping off and whipping processes to fix it and it just doesn't go away..Acetone actually works better and it sucks..

Chloroform, ether, 100% ISO, or a high end food grade Hexane works the best hands down.

If your doin this for the first time, be very very very careful and have someone around in case somethng goes seriously wrong...I have screwed up a few times making stoned ass mistakes and oversites and have almost blown myself up and/or set myself on fire a couple of times and one time I actually did catch myself on fire so be super super carefull this stuff is no joke and the flame is virtually invsible and the oil will make it stick to you as it burns off..fuckin hurts

Tex[/QUOTE
I use everclear. Some of the strains I use actually taste like the strain when you eat it. Made it out of blue euphoria once and it tasted like blueberries. And it is knock out strong. Coming from a guy often smokes three bowls to the head by himself. The production won't be as good as ISO or naphtha but it will taste better.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Sorry what I meant to say is I use everclear also. For some reason my explanation got lost in the post. I've had blue euphoria that I made that tasted like blueberries when I would eat the oil.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Sorry what I meant to say is I use everclear also. For some reason my explanation got lost in the post. I've had blue euphoria that I made that tasted like blueberries when I would eat the oil.
I used Everclear. Then i used 99% ISO. ITS ALL I USE NOW.

Much higher yields

Wolfe

Wolfe

I used Everclear. Then i used 99% ISO. ITS ALL I USE NOW.

Much higher yields
I'm sure the yields are higher but I use everclear. And I would rather do it that way. It's less explosive for one thing. I have also had people with stage 4 cancer go into remission. So I stick with what works for me. I have had patients with so many tumors the doctors wouldn't even operate because it would kill them to remove them. After not even a month on the oil and it has shrunk the tumors enough to be removed. Had another person go into remission also with a rare type of aggresive cancer. And was able ease a dying woman with advanced cancer who died giving birth but baby was healthy and strong. The doctors wouldn't let her use it until her last week alive. I've had people put it on skin cancer spots and dissolve them. I gave it to all those people for free. I get about an ounce of oil out of a qp with 1 big bottle of everclear. Any success stories from your ISO? I may try it in the future. But for now everclear is more convenient.

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm sure the yields are higher but I use everclear. And I would rather do it that way. It's less explosive for one thing. I have also had people with stage 4 cancer go into remission. So I stick with what works for me. I have had patients with so many tumors the doctors wouldn't even operate because it would kill them to remove them. After not even a month on the oil and it has shrunk the tumors enough to be removed. Had another person go into remission also with a rare type of aggresive cancer. And was able ease a dying woman with advanced cancer who died giving birth but baby was healthy and strong. The doctors wouldn't let her use it until her last week alive. I've had people put it on skin cancer spots and dissolve them. I gave it to all those people for free. I get about an ounce of oil out of a qp with 1 big bottle of everclear. Any success stories from your ISO? I may try it in the future. But for now everclear is more convenient.

Well here is what happened.

I had good success with shatter from northern Lights.

I found a guy with 26 grams Northern Lights that was 2-3 months old.

He wanted $7.50 a gram but talked him down to $115 for the 26 grams. I put everything in tge freezer. I extracted it then winterized to remove chlorophyll, fats and solids.

I purged the 99% ISO and yielded 4.4 grams of medicine. I vaped it with my Kiln clone wax atomizer. It ebabled me to go 4.5 months without a single crohns flare. Thats saying something.

I did the extraction witg a single quick wash lasting 85-90 seconds.

The yield was 16.9% on buds too dry to smoke. Northern Lights only has 17% THC, and 3% CBD if memory serves. I was surprised i got that much medicine out of dry buds

Top Bottom