Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Yes, so is the heirloom skunk, I inquired on the availability of the 79 in the future, they were out of stock in the store.
I purchased the 81 skunk and was sent 6 freebies of 79 regulars.
He said there will be another drop in 6 months. He’s also working on a clone store.
Good people!!
I highly recommend:)
What about Seed Bank International's Swamp Lillie? Are these cheaper because they are regular seeds?
These are labeled differently: '79 Florida Skunk S1 X No.2 F1

80 bucks for 15 Seeds...

DESCRIPTION
SWAMP LILLIE

’79 FLORIDA SKUNK S1

X

NO.2 F1

HYP3RIDS

15+ PREMIUM SEEDS

’79 Heirloom Florida Skunk S1 developed and selfed by Drew over at Sunshine State

This lovely lady is our ’79 Heirloom Florida Skunk S1 developed and kept in circulation of a private breeder out of Florida. Drew from sunshine State originally held onto this clone only due to her old-school extremely pungent aroma, and as since ‘selfed’ her for future generations.

She looks and flowers like a sativa, but remains super short, a trait influenced by her indica side. This is also where she get her aroma from. She starts like overripe / rotten fruit, then moves more acidic / sulfur. Her leaves and branches smell like musty body oder / gym socks. She takes 11 weeks and get nastier towards harvest. Yields could be better, but potency is through the roof.

The phenos that this line is producing are nothing short of spectacular. Strong vigour and structure is present on 90% of everything we’ve grown out. Both parental line were very stable, and this is clearly present in the offspring.

Varietal type: Hybrid
Flowering: 70 – 80 days
Yield: High
Height: Medium

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What about Seed Bank International's Swamp Lillie? Are these cheaper because they are regular seeds?
These are labeled differently: '79 Florida Skunk S1 X No.2 F1

80 bucks for 15 Seeds...

DESCRIPTION
SWAMP LILLIE

’79 FLORIDA SKUNK S1

X

NO.2 F1

HYP3RIDS

15+ PREMIUM SEEDS

’79 Heirloom Florida Skunk S1 developed and selfed by Drew over at Sunshine State

This lovely lady is our ’79 Heirloom Florida Skunk S1 developed and kept in circulation of a private breeder out of Florida. Drew from sunshine State originally held onto this clone only due to her old-school extremely pungent aroma, and as since ‘selfed’ her for future generations.

She looks and flowers like a sativa, but remains super short, a trait influenced by her indica side. This is also where she get her aroma from. She starts like overripe / rotten fruit, then moves more acidic / sulfur. Her leaves and branches smell like musty body oder / gym socks. She takes 11 weeks and get nastier towards harvest. Yields could be better, but potency is through the roof.

The phenos that this line is producing are nothing short of spectacular. Strong vigour and structure is present on 90% of everything we’ve grown out. Both parental line were very stable, and this is clearly present in the offspring.

Varietal type: Hybrid
Flowering: 70 – 80 days
Yield: High
Height: Medium
It’s all about who you trust.
I try to by direct from the breeder,
Typically I do not trust most seed banks.
These were purchased directly from breeder.
That’s not to say there’s anything wrong with the bank your referring to.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

It’s all about who you trust.
I try to by direct from the breeder,
Typically I do not trust most seed banks.
These were purchased directly from breeder.
That’s not to say there’s anything wrong with the bank your referring to.
Well what I am trying to figure out is what is the difference between the seeds. Some are FEM Some are Regulars. Some are the 79 and 81 crossed. Some are the 79 selfed? But selfed and not FEM? Apparently I need to brush up on my terminology i.e. S1 F1 etc... I guess I figured selfed was FEM i.e. Male Pollen initiated on a 79 Female, crossed back to a Female 79

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Well what I am trying to figure out is what is the difference between the seeds. Some are FEM Some are Regulars. Some are the 79 and 81 crossed. Some are the 79 selfed? But selfed and not FEM? Apparently I need to brush up on my terminology i.e. S1 F1 etc... I guess I figured selfed was FEM i.e. Male Pollen initiated on a 79 Female, crossed back to a Female 79
S1 refers to the first filial generation produced as a result of crossing the plant with itself,
"F1 hybrid" is the term used for the first generation hybrid seed/plant that occurs following the successful cross-pollination of one genetically uniform plant variety with another specific genetically uniform variety.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

S1 refers to the first filial generation produced as a result of crossing the plant with itself,
"F1 hybrid" is the term used for the first generation hybrid seed/plant that occurs following the successful cross-pollination of one genetically uniform plant variety with another specific genetically uniform variety.
Am I correct that a Female plant would never be coaxed into producing Male pollen and then crossed with itself directly i.e. same plant!

This would be a guaranteed recipe for Hermaphrodites correct?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes, so is the heirloom skunk, I inquired on the availability of the 79 in the future, they were out of stock in the store.
I purchased the 81 skunk and was sent 6 freebies of 79 regulars.
He said there will be another drop in 6 months. He’s also working on a clone store.
Good people!!
I highly recommend:)
I’m on the Katsu waiting list for the 79 as soon as new stock is available I’m gonna grab a pack.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
280F0B30 E861 4D31 8CB5 E29846B65E88
CE336C4D 47E6 4FD7 9DD6 0D5F8860FE1D
C5F1000F 112A 43EC B942 ABF3B4320A62

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

"acidic / sulfur"

"a road kill type cut, leading many to compare it to the Shoreline strain. However, the Trinity is pure Oldschool Afghani, not skunky but more musky"

Don't waste time on anyone who forward slashes two unrelated things into one. Go watch your ninja turtles and leave the bullshitting about weed alone for now, kids. Dudes today calling eeeeeeeveeything "skunk", "gas". Roadkill and skunk are not the same smell. Ask any 4 year old child. Before the ninja turtles makes them retarded.
Can they not co-exist in one happy foul smelling profile -- or are they by law forcibly separated from birth?

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

It’s all about attitude!
And you got a bad one!!
Any more complaints about you attitude, you will get my undivided attention and you do not want that!

1. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Posters who speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude will be banned. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people or their beliefs will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait.
Let's please be peaceful skunk rotten egg sulfur family in your face you eat decomposing skunk shit of the ground family with little skunks coming out of your orifices all in good fun at each and every one of your expenses including and most certainly most importantly mine

W

Wheezy420

Thanks for reading all the way through it I commend you. I ended up typing way more than I thought I would but the reason why is because I wanted to explain to everyone how these different clues started to fit together for me over time. I truly do believe that the Ester Alcohols are a key component to this lost RKS just as Kevin Jodrey explains in that first video. There were a handful of cultivars that were floating around back then that had the Ester Alcohol genes. Based upon my personal experience Train-wreck was definitely one of them along with some of the other stuff that came out of the late 80s and 90s. The 2000s is when everything started to disappear I just caught the very tail end of the phenomenon in 2005. Im 37yo now If I was any younger I would have missed it all together.
Hey bud, I know this is an old read and thread but my first seed purchase was Trainwreck from New420guy seed co. I’m not lying when I say as I was reading your story I thought you were describing my plant to the tee!!!! The catpiss ammonia smell is what nailed it 🥵 His version was pollinated by an Ak47 male. It’s the only version I’ve ever grown of this strain but it’s a dead ringer for what you’re describing. I think they are F6’s now. Check him out 💯👊🏻

Top Bottom