Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have a tendency to agree with you. I think the real skunk does exist and it's just a matter of time before it comes out of the backwoods. Hopefully legalization on the national level will pull it out from hiding.
How would you know it is rks,what would prove it? It would boil down to accepted opinion. Someone can start inbreeding the stinkiest afghani and call it rks,there is no standard to measure against.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

How would you know it is rks,what would prove it? It would boil down to accepted opinion. Someone can start inbreeding the stinkiest afghani and call it rks,there is no standard to measure against.
Well technically there is the genome project and the genetic galaxy mapping so there is a way to tell what the genetic lineage is of a plant by testing it. But when it comes to RKS everyone argues about it. Some say it's Indica others say it's Sativa. I personally believe it probably had a sativa expression probably Mexican or columbian with some afghan too. But you are correct RKS is incredibly subjective its shitty. I am done putting labels on shit I am just simply looking for really loud expressive skunky smelling herb. I don't care what you call it anymore if it makes my nose perk up and its good then I will run it. The skunkier the better. Im trying as many old school strains as I can.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Well technically there is the genome project and the genetic galaxy mapping so there is a way to tell what the genetic lineage is of a plant by testing it. But when it comes to RKS everyone argues about it. Some say it's Indica others say it's Sativa. I personally believe it probably had a sativa expression probably Mexican or columbian with some afghan too. But you are correct RKS is incredibly subjective its shitty. I am done putting labels on shit I am just simply looking for really loud expressive skunky smelling herb. I don't care what you call it anymore if it makes my nose perk up and its good then I will run it. The skunkier the better. Im trying as many old school strains as I can.
Look for it in old examples of sk#1 before it went sweet if you can find it, you can find the catpiss aroma there too, then select for it if you do. Pros who breed roses or other plants for aroma may be a good source as they struggle with blending aroma and have experience,may be worth checking out their take .

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'm sure I've posted this, but this is the OLD RKS. Courtesy of a friend from Copenhagen. I recieved his permission before I ever posted this. The cat is legit. To paraphrase ""Nobody has the RKS, and if they do they’re not telling anyone"" He has quite a few rare old (real old) school strains.
Main qimg eacc8f3ef4d4ab4c54257ea0599d0aad lq

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I'm sure I've posted this, but this is the OLD RKS. Courtesy of a friend from Copenhagen. I recieved his permission before I ever posted this. The cat is legit. To paraphrase ""Nobody has the RKS, and if they do they’re not telling anyone"" He has quite a few rare old (real old) school strains.
View attachment 1241422
Wow look at that shit almost alien in appearance to the nug structures of today. 👌 Thats really cool have you smoke his stuff? Too bad Copenhagen is so far away LOL 😂

Dtekk

Dtekk

View attachment 1241422
wow! looks stinky af even through the pic. Is this a current pic? they who have it sure not letting it out.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

To think how many seeds were smoked and thrown out in the 80's and 90's . lol
I know right? Its mind blowing how many seeds were tossed for decades and how hard it is to find now. It's so bizarre. All those seeds from back then and today were all like... WTF? None? Not even 1 seed made it? 🤷‍♂️ 😂

ChemmyChem

ChemmyChem

Yes death star from Ohio is another one for sure that is loud as hell. We were talking about that one before as well I heard a few people mention it. Apparently if you find the real death start its supposed to be super skunky. Personally I have never tried it but I would love to get my hands on it.
Hey guys, been reading this thread because i as well am on the serch for the rotting dead skunk, low tide, oniony crushed garlic body odor down the block terp/volatile ester that seems to elude us these days. My 2 cents on the Death Star ... growing up in pittsburgh PA I had access to an odd rolodex of weed. Starting out heavy chiefing in 2008, it started with just mids but soon i graduated to the fire or "headies" as the dudes in suburban pittsburgh would call it or "kush" and "sour" if you were in the city. One of the early strains that was actually named was the Death Star. I could get it from 2 people, at the time i couldnt tell but now looking back the dudes in the burbs had outdoor and the dudes in the hood had indoor. The indoor Death Star i would get came the same exact way every time. I would get a 1/2oz for $200(🤣2009-10 prices) and it would ALWAYS be only 2 buds each weighing almost exactly a 1/4oz. It was dark, purpish bud but had white and orange hairs as well. Average density with the 1/4 oz buds being pretty big. The terps were unreal. Walking up to the spot you would literally get slapped with the sharp, skunky smell. The smoke was that opioid effect where you had to put the blunt out even if you were puffing w a homie. The other Death Star i would get in the burbs was the same cut, just grown outdoors. Less exotic looking but the terps were arguably better. My friends mom would bust us everytime we had it. She would say "Jesus guys it smells reaaalllyy skunky in here right now" Then, in 2017 i moved to southern Oregon and to "settle in" i got a qp of Death Star from my buddy and smoked it to the neck w my wife in a month. It was a great first month in Oregon. Definitely similar look to the other DS but not the same level as the one i would get in Pittsburgh PA(proximity to Ohio?)
The few other times i remember that ive had more intense skunk aromas than the Death Star was outdoor OG Kush from SoCal which reminded me more of lowtide but still skunky as hell, a run of GG4 I did on 11/13 light cycle brought out the most intense, specifically skunk smell with an undertone of strong coffee while being made. My father inlaw was visiting at the time and he kept reiterating that we have a skunk problem in our yard. We kept trying to tell him it was the weed plants(legal) but he couldnt accept it because "marijuana doesnt smell like that", hes in his 60's and probably used to mids.
The final and last time i can remember getting something stronger than any of those strains was the Afghani that I found from my buddy that lived in the woods woods outside of Pittsburgh in 2008 or 9. It was the strongest smelling herb and strongest smoke ive ever had, Everyone involved can attest to this. This is long winded but i really need to find cuts or seeds of this Afghani so if someone out there reads please let me know if you have any insight into where i might be able to get some..
So in 2009, my buddies and i would all make a plan at school on Monday to gather some coin, pitch up, and have a sack of herb for the weekend. We were used to mids or at best some "hydro" (level up from mids but nothing special". This week, we found some bud that this dude kept hyping up saying he could barely walk after 2 hits and shit so we thought "yea whatever just bring the weed as usual". On friday morning, our guy walked into school with the 2grams of afghani and the entire hallway full of students and teachers snapped their necks and sniffed this dude as he walked thru. and the smell hit me and my buddy immediately. with a concealed grin we just looked at eachother like "daaammmmnn". Then the "plug" sketchily nodded for me to follow. We went in the bathroom immediately and exchanged so he could get it off him haha. I put the double bagged 2gs of bud into my secret deodorant stick stash spot, wrapped in gym clothes, then in the bottom of my backpack under all books and supplies. It did nothing to conceal the smell. After a couple times of my locker neighbor (student president prude chick) giving me an upturned nose side eyed look after each period, i decided it was time to dip. I dipped out the side door early, then walked around and waited for my boys bus to pull up. On the bus i naturally sat on the back to avoid detection, but one of our stoner buddies kept yelling "SOMEONES GOT SOME KUSH BACK HERE!!" somehow, we made it to my boys crib and stashed the weed outside. As his older brothers and family members would get home, they would come up to us and sniff the air w an offended face even though the weed was outside. Eventually, we decided it was time to blaze. Now this Afghani was not impressive looking even for 2008/9. Very leafy, dark green buds covered in orange and purpish hairs. It would leave a visible shiny streak of grease on your hands if you handled it. We packed all 2gs into a sherlock holmes pipe and started to chief under a well lit night sky. 2 hits in, i felt like my vision changed, shit looked like it was "HD" or "Computer world-ish". Then, we called a neighbor and charged him $20 to come blaze lol. After we finished the bowl and stood up, the neighbor kid instantly fell on his ass like he was drunk as hell and we all started uncontrollable laughter. Then we went inside, and began wathing tv. I was on a lazy boy about 6-8 ft from the tv and no exaggeration i felt like i was 20 ft from the tv. it looked further away as fuck! As i would reach over to grab my soda it would be a challenge and take forever to get a sip. My buddy was laying flat on his back on an adjacent couch swearing that he was overdosing and going to die. He kept saying he thought it was laced with heroin becuase its "Afghani" . I assured him that it wasnt and it wasnt grown in Afghanistan either lol. Anyway, to whoever read this, thank you and if you have ever heard of or had an Afghani that was dark green, orange and purpish hairs, greasy as all hell, and smells like a skunk pissed into a bag of rotting garlic and onions, please reach out. Peace

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hey guys, been reading this thread because i as well am on the serch for the rotting dead skunk, low tide, oniony crushed garlic body odor down the block terp/volatile ester that seems to elude us these days. My 2 cents on the Death Star ... growing up in pittsburgh PA I had access to an odd rolodex of weed. Starting out heavy chiefing in 2008, it started with just mids but soon i graduated to the fire or "headies" as the dudes in suburban pittsburgh would call it or "kush" and "sour" if you were in the city. One of the early strains that was actually named was the Death Star. I could get it from 2 people, at the time i couldnt tell but now looking back the dudes in the burbs had outdoor and the dudes in the hood had indoor. The indoor Death Star i would get came the same exact way every time. I would get a 1/2oz for $200(🤣2009-10 prices) and it would ALWAYS be only 2 buds each weighing almost exactly a 1/4oz. It was dark, purpish bud but had white and orange hairs as well. Average density with the 1/4 oz buds being pretty big. The terps were unreal. Walking up to the spot you would literally get slapped with the sharp, skunky smell. The smoke was that opioid effect where you had to put the blunt out even if you were puffing w a homie. The other Death Star i would get in the burbs was the same cut, just grown outdoors. Less exotic looking but the terps were arguably better. My friends mom would bust us everytime we had it. She would say "Jesus guys it smells reaaalllyy skunky in here right now" Then, in 2017 i moved to southern Oregon and to "settle in" i got a qp of Death Star from my buddy and smoked it to the neck w my wife in a month. It was a great first month in Oregon. Definitely similar look to the other DS but not the same level as the one i would get in Pittsburgh PA(proximity to Ohio?)
The few other times i remember that ive had more intense skunk aromas than the Death Star was outdoor OG Kush from SoCal which reminded me more of lowtide but still skunky as hell, a run of GG4 I did on 11/13 light cycle brought out the most intense, specifically skunk smell with an undertone of strong coffee while being made. My father inlaw was visiting at the time and he kept reiterating that we have a skunk problem in our yard. We kept trying to tell him it was the weed plants(legal) but he couldnt accept it because "marijuana doesnt smell like that", hes in his 60's and probably used to mids.
The final and last time i can remember getting something stronger than any of those strains was the Afghani that I found from my buddy that lived in the woods woods outside of Pittsburgh in 2008 or 9. It was the strongest smelling herb and strongest smoke ive ever had, Everyone involved can attest to this. This is long winded but i really need to find cuts or seeds of this Afghani so if someone out there reads please let me know if you have any insight into where i might be able to get some..
So in 2009, my buddies and i would all make a plan at school on Monday to gather some coin, pitch up, and have a sack of herb for the weekend. We were used to mids or at best some "hydro" (level up from mids but nothing special". This week, we found some bud that this dude kept hyping up saying he could barely walk after 2 hits and shit so we thought "yea whatever just bring the weed as usual". On friday morning, our guy walked into school with the 2grams of afghani and the entire hallway full of students and teachers snapped their necks and sniffed this dude as he walked thru. and the smell hit me and my buddy immediately. with a concealed grin we just looked at eachother like "daaammmmnn". Then the "plug" sketchily nodded for me to follow. We went in the bathroom immediately and exchanged so he could get it off him haha. I put the double bagged 2gs of bud into my secret deodorant stick stash spot, wrapped in gym clothes, then in the bottom of my backpack under all books and supplies. It did nothing to conceal the smell. After a couple times of my locker neighbor (student president prude chick) giving me an upturned nose side eyed look after each period, i decided it was time to dip. I dipped out the side door early, then walked around and waited for my boys bus to pull up. On the bus i naturally sat on the back to avoid detection, but one of our stoner buddies kept yelling "SOMEONES GOT SOME KUSH BACK HERE!!" somehow, we made it to my boys crib and stashed the weed outside. As his older brothers and family members would get home, they would come up to us and sniff the air w an offended face even though the weed was outside. Eventually, we decided it was time to blaze. Now this Afghani was not impressive looking even for 2008/9. Very leafy, dark green buds covered in orange and purpish hairs. It would leave a visible shiny streak of grease on your hands if you handled it. We packed all 2gs into a sherlock holmes pipe and started to chief under a well lit night sky. 2 hits in, i felt like my vision changed, shit looked like it was "HD" or "Computer world-ish". Then, we called a neighbor and charged him $20 to come blaze lol. After we finished the bowl and stood up, the neighbor kid instantly fell on his ass like he was drunk as hell and we all started uncontrollable laughter. Then we went inside, and began wathing tv. I was on a lazy boy about 6-8 ft from the tv and no exaggeration i felt like i was 20 ft from the tv. it looked further away as fuck! As i would reach over to grab my soda it would be a challenge and take forever to get a sip. My buddy was laying flat on his back on an adjacent couch swearing that he was overdosing and going to die. He kept saying he thought it was laced with heroin becuase its "Afghani" . I assured him that it wasnt and it wasnt grown in Afghanistan either lol. Anyway, to whoever read this, thank you and if you have ever heard of or had an Afghani that was dark green, orange and purpish hairs, greasy as all hell, and smells like a skunk pissed into a bag of rotting garlic and onions, please reach out. Peace
Nice brother thanks for sharing this! It was a long read but I don't mind my post was long too. I like hearing peoples stories of the super skunky old days. The way you describe that Afghani from school is very reminiscent of my early kush years. I am late 90s early 2000s that was around when I was in HS and I remember many similar humorous times where the herb would skunk bomb the room. Being from SoCal we had a ton of Kush this is the land of OG and even though the newer strains here are all fruitier now every once in a while you will find someone with that old school Kush that reeks the room. The Afghani lineage in the kush line can be very skunky if you get a good one. But the key is it's gotta be old school genetics. Dark green leaves and super loud.

Also it can partially be the way that the herb is grown. Im not saying this is the main reason skunk is gone I truly believe its the lost genetics primarily but I do believe that herb grown outdoors or also indoors under HPS will give you a louder and more skunky terp profile. This has to do with the full spectrum UV range. I can attest to this because as my profile name states I run a lot of SoCal outdoor but I also have a killer indoor tent rig. I am running LEDs however I also supplement with UV Reptile bulbs so that I can broaden the UV spectrum. Its a very high end light the HLG Scorpion Diablo board and my flowers come out rock hard however I will attest that the outdoor runs usually come out skunkier than the indoor. However the bag appeal on the outdoor is always lower than the indoor. The outdoor is always leafier and a bit different in color but man does it stink! Im glad you mentioned that Death-star I haven't smoked it before but a bunch of heads have mentioned it. AKBB has it available I think Im gonna give it a try I recently bought a bunch of other stuff. Im about to germinate 3 different skunk strains all from KY along with a legit old school Train Wreck and some 90's Catpiss thats supposed to be loud as fuck! My skunk hunt is really heating up. To this day the old school OG still reigns supreme its always the skunkiest shit in my mix however Im hoping these other old school strains Im about to run will kick my Kush off the thrown. I love how you gave a shoutout to the SoCal kush this is my Fire OG kush below. One is outdoor the other indoor. Im actually running this as we speak in my garage and every time my heater turns on at night the garage air gets sucked into my house and you can smell it inside the house. So much for carbon. Im on day 50 right now and my wife is starting to complain that the house is smelling now LOL 😂

Fire OG Kush outdoor run last year...
IMG 2725

Fire OG Kush current indoor run day 50...
IMG 6793

IMG 6796

XXX OG Kush current indoor run day 50...
IMG 6801

Dtekk

Dtekk

Nice brother thanks for sharing this! It was a long read but I don't mind my post was long too. I like hearing peoples stories of the super skunky old days. The way you describe that Afghani from school is very reminiscent of my early kush years. I am late 90s early 2000s that was around when I was in HS and I remember many similar humorous times where the herb would skunk bomb the room. Being from SoCal we had a ton of Kush this is the land of OG and even though the newer strains here are all fruitier now every once in a while you will find someone with that old school Kush that reeks the room. The Afghani lineage in the kush line can be very skunky if you get a good one. But the key is it's gotta be old school genetics. Dark green leaves and super loud.

Also it can partially be the way that the herb is grown. Im not saying this is the main reason skunk is gone I truly believe its the lost genetics primarily but I do believe that herb grown outdoors or also indoors under HPS will give you a louder and more skunky terp profile. This has to do with the full spectrum UV range. I can attest to this because as my profile name states I run a lot of SoCal outdoor but I also have a killer indoor tent rig. I am running LEDs however I also supplement with UV Reptile bulbs so that I can broaden the UV spectrum. Its a very high end light the HLG Scorpion Diablo board and my flowers come out rock hard however I will attest that the outdoor runs usually come out skunkier than the indoor. However the bag appeal on the outdoor is always lower than the indoor. The outdoor is always leafier and a bit different in color but man does it stink! Im glad you mentioned that Death-star I haven't smoked it before but a bunch of heads have mentioned it. AKBB has it available I think Im gonna give it a try I recently bought a bunch of other stuff. Im about to germinate 3 different skunk strains all from KY along with a legit old school Train Wreck and some 90's Catpiss thats supposed to be loud as fuck! My skunk hunt is really heating up. To this day the old school OG still reigns supreme its always the skunkiest shit in my mix however Im hoping these other old school strains Im about to run will kick my Kush off the thrown. I love how you gave a shoutout to the SoCal kush this is my Fire OG kush below. One is outdoor the other indoor. Im actually running this as we speak in my garage and every time my heater turns on at night the garage air gets sucked into my house and you can smell it inside the house. So much for carbon. Im on day 50 right now and my wife is starting to complain that the house is smelling now LOL 😂

Fire OG Kush outdoor run last year...
View attachment 1246913

Fire OG Kush current indoor run day 50...
View attachment 1246917
View attachment 1246918

XXX OG Kush current indoor run day 50...
View attachment 1246919
Nice stacking! Is that from seed or the or the real deal og kush?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

There was a time when it was hard to find anything not skunky.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Nice stacking! Is that from seed or the or the real deal og kush?
Those unfortunately aren't the real deal OG but they came from some real deal OG clone stock. I will explain what happened is I got these clones about 7 or 8 years ago and they were absolute fire I bought them from a guy who was selling them online. This was before CA legalized so getting cuts was still a little tricky well this guy was running a grow room and for whatever reason he had to shut the grow down before completion and he had a whole tray of rooted clones they were Fire OG and XXX OG. Since I met this guy on the internet I didn't know him he was from the Barrio in the most ghetto part of Santa Ana and when we linked up in the Jack-in-the-box parking-lot it was a super thug looking cholo gangster guy with a teardrop tattoo. I gave him $80 for the entire tray of around 20 rooted clones. I grew this shit outdoor the first summer and it was absolute flame especially the Fire OG. Well like an idiot I didn't take cuts from them I absolutely kick myself everyday for not taking a cut of the original. So anyways I had over a pound from the harvest and as I picked through the nugs I ended up finding about roughly a dozen seeds from each strain. I labeled them and saved them for a handful of years. Well I popped those self pollinated feminized beans a few at a time and every pheno that came out was really good however the two that you are looking at in those pics were the best. I would say the Fire OG as amazing as it is still probably only about 85% as good as the mom its close but not quite as good as the original. It lost some of the gas when it went from original clone to self pollinated seed. But its still defiantly stony as fuck and good enough for me to keep and continue to run.

Dtekk

Dtekk

Those unfortunately aren't the real deal OG but they came from some real deal OG clone stock. I will explain what happened is I got these clones about 7 or 8 years ago and they were absolute fire I bought them from a guy who was selling them online. This was before CA legalized so getting cuts was still a little tricky well this guy was running a grow room and for whatever reason he had to shut the grow down before completion and he had a whole tray of rooted clones they were Fire OG and XXX OG. Since I met this guy on the internet I didn't know him he was from the Barrio in the most ghetto part of Santa Ana and when we linked up in the Jack-in-the-box parking-lot it was a super thug looking cholo gangster guy with a teardrop tattoo. I gave him $80 for the entire tray of around 20 rooted clones. I grew this shit outdoor the first summer and it was absolute flame especially the Fire OG. Well like an idiot I didn't take cuts from them I absolutely kick myself everyday for not taking a cut of the original. So anyways I had over a pound from the harvest and as I picked through the nugs I ended up finding about roughly a dozen seeds from each strain. I labeled them and saved them for a handful of years. Well I popped those self pollinated feminized beans a few at a time and every pheno that came out was really good however the two that you are looking at in those pics were the best. I would say the Fire OG as amazing as it is still probably only about 85% as good as the mom its close but not quite as good as the original. It lost some of the gas when it went from original clone to self pollinated seed. But its still defiantly stony as fuck and good enough for me to keep and continue to run.
Hell yeah nice find, they look good bet the reek also.

Top Bottom