Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

Went to the fish market, and asked for some scales. They said yes, so will be bringing some chitin to the garden this year. Food for the worm towers will be spinach, mushrooms, watermelon, and bananas. All sulfur rich. And been thinking on doing f.p.j. of plants with high thiol content. Artichokes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, chives, and collards. Am going hard core on stinky funky plants this year!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Went to the fish market, and asked for some scales. They said yes, so will be bringing some chitin to the garden this year. Food for the worm towers will be spinach, mushrooms, watermelon, and bananas. All sulfur rich. And been thinking on doing f.p.j. of plants with high thiol content. Artichokes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, chives, and collards. Am going hard core on stinky funky plants this year!
Hell yeah brother that attention to every detail will pay off in the long run. That sulfur is key I was eying that Mr. Fulvic thinking about adding it to my regiment have you heard of it?

shaganja

shaganja

Hell yeah brother that attention to every detail will pay off in the long run. That sulfur is key I was eying that Mr. Fulvic thinking about adding it to my regiment have you heard of it?
Yes, I foliar with it. They pray after I spray them. They seem to really like it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes, I foliar with it. They pray after I spray them. They seem to really like it.
Oh OK I didn't even know it was a foliar product. I thought it was for root feeding only thats awesome I will keep this in mind thanks!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Had some real skunk in 96. Smell it 50 yards away. Well, so did the state troopers. Do have some seed from 90s , hope they really are skunk. Hope they will pop anyhow.
Thats awesome brother let us know if you have any successful germination specimens 😎 👍

FloraKing

FloraKing

BTW I forgot to mention let me know how that Red Hair skunk turns out that he gave you. I have been eyeing that one he posts on Instagram all the time and the pics of his recent Red Hair Skunk grow look very unique. If its bomb you should PM me perhaps you and I can do a clone trade. I love the coloring to me seems more like an orange hair skunk but either way this is what it looks like very pretty...

View attachment 1251719
Will do. I’ve got it lined up for my next run. Thinking of crossing the best of it to a couple other strains I have my eye on. I’ll pm when the time comes.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I like your story...nonfiction I'm sure eh? Anyway...before I finished the entire story, and you must admit, it's lengthy, interesting but lengthy, I couldn't stop wondering..."Do you think he might still have seeds for that...maybe he kept the strain alive?" So, do you know where I could purchase some true skunk bud seeds? I bet if you had a dollar for every time somebody asked you that, you'd be rich right? lol So...do you have any skunk bud seeds, or know where to get them? I've bought so-called Skunk bud seeds here and there online...of any of the seeds that germinated, not a one ever smelt remotely close to an actual skunk. You know, PePe Le Pew Skunk. Thanks.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I'm almost 62 bud...and I have to say this, I have not smoked any good pot since about 1995 or so...the bud looks good, smells nice, tastes good when you puff it, but there's nothing to say, "WoW!!!This is good pot!!!" I'm buying the "Top Shelf" at retails, highest THC sativa, highest THC indica, hybrid, a thousand names and it could've all came from the same bag. It's a money game, a monopoly, it's ridiculous. I read that the pot in the Sixties, Seventies Eighties was maybe 2-3% THC...Mexican brickweed...Homey...sure, there was dry brick weed from Mexico and Homey, home grown leaf by some hippy, but there was also Thai stick, Cambodian bud, Maui Wowi, Panama Red, Gold Columbian, Afghani Black Hash, Afghani Black Hash with streaks of opium in it...it was damn good...I don't know where they got their data because it is wrong...I know because, as I've said time and time again, I was there, I didn't dream it. In 1995/96 a couple people grew 400 plants on an island close to North Bay on Lake Nipissing. This was what we called the Wheelchair pot...at least that's what me and my buddies called it. So, so, so potent...you couldn't hide the smell of the bud, not when it was being smoked, it smelt then too, but the smell of the bud...it was impossible to disguise the smell of it...wrap it in multiple bags...still, it reeked. They say the highest THC is 29% or 30% + at Ontario weed stores...I get a buzz, but it certainly is not the best I ever smoked...have not seen nor smoked pot like that for quite awhile now. Kids say, "Oh, well you're older now, you don't get as high..." or "...you're just immune to it..." What??? lol

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I see that you grow hydroponically. I personally grow in ProMix Mycorrhizae + worm castings + bat guano powdered phos.. It works well for me. Um, why do you prefer hydro? Can you grow more potent bud hydroponically in your opinion? I know, back in the day when Reefer Madness or when pot was still evil type thing, anytime I smoked hydroponic pot, it was deadly smoke...deadly in a good way (you know what I mean)

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

It's not that we try and dismiss you bud, it's just that I haven't seen, smoked, smelt any marijuana that smells anything like a skunk since about 1995/96. So, unless you were old enough, or alive, in 1995/96, then you have and never will see, smoke or smell Skunk bud...it's gone. I'm sad...if you ever find any Skunk, seeds or bud, then you'll be one lucky amigo.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I like your story...nonfiction I'm sure eh? Anyway...before I finished the entire story, and you must admit, it's lengthy, interesting but lengthy, I couldn't stop wondering..."Do you think he might still have seeds for that...maybe he kept the strain alive?" So, do you know where I could purchase some true skunk bud seeds? I bet if you had a dollar for every time somebody asked you that, you'd be rich right? lol So...do you have any skunk bud seeds, or know where to get them? I've bought so-called Skunk bud seeds here and there online...of any of the seeds that germinated, not a one ever smelt remotely close to an actual skunk. You know, PePe Le Pew Skunk. Thanks.
Yeah it's a really long story but yes its absolutely true. I have ran many so called skunk and Train-wreck strains since and yet to find anything remotely close. I already ran the Authentic Genetics 1988 Skunk #1 but unfortunately it wasn't skunky. It had a great high and interesting zesty kinda fruity citrus smell but no skunk. I'm currently running an old school Kentucky based Sativa Skunk from a guy in the state. I also bought seeds from another guy in Kentucky that has an old school Burnt Rubber Skunk Im running those as well. I got 2 different versions of the old-school TrainWreck going right now one of them is the Arcata Train-wreck and the other one is a Shiva Skunk x Arcata TW. Im actually very excited about that Shiva/TW that one was a cut from a guy on the forum here lives in Eureka. The seed stock that the clones came from is supposed to be real oldschool like the return of Jesus I hope the hype is true. I also got multiple versions of Catpiss running the SSH catpiss as well as the oldschool San Diego Kush catpiss. Got some Crippy seeds going and also some Authentic Genetics original NL#5. Honestly too much shit to list also some different OG stuff going as well. Everything I just started is still in veg Im just now starting to separate the males from the females.

This is the Catpiss and OG stuff outside still vegging. These are mainly females Im starting to sex the stuff that came from seeds. The clone stock obviously is already female...
Image0

These are the Males Catpiss plants. I moved them over into the corner under the shade of the Mulberry tree they were already starting to throw pre-sex balls in veg...
Image2

These are some of the cuts I have going right now all females. The oldschool Shiva Skunk/TW is in the hydro cloner with a few other strains as well...
Image1

These are all the seedling I started this is 2 types of KY skunk along with Crippy and NL#5. Some TW in here also. These will be hardened off outside when they are ready...
Image3

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It's not that we try and dismiss you bud, it's just that I haven't seen, smoked, smelt any marijuana that smells anything like a skunk since about 1995/96. So, unless you were old enough, or alive, in 1995/96, then you have and never will see, smoke or smell Skunk bud...it's gone. I'm sad...if you ever find any Skunk, seeds or bud, then you'll be one lucky amigo.
Yes this is true I haven't smoked any skunky weed since early 2000s. Maybe mid 2000s that was the very very end of anything remotely descent IMO. But it does still exist out there it's just incredibly hard to find and it's not gonna be found anywhere mainstream. Im exclusively hunting through seeds coming from old heads who procured them. Also cuts from old heads who never crossed them. Backwoods shit the inner circle cuts Im trying to find the stuff that the older guys are very reluctant to share with anyone.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I see that you grow hydroponically. I personally grow in ProMix Mycorrhizae + worm castings + bat guano powdered phos.. It works well for me. Um, why do you prefer hydro? Can you grow more potent bud hydroponically in your opinion? I know, back in the day when Reefer Madness or when pot was still evil type thing, anytime I smoked hydroponic pot, it was deadly smoke...deadly in a good way (you know what I mean)
I actually grow in soil not hydro. Its home made blend then I add compost tea and Mycorrhizae Fungi to throughout veg and flower.

AC_Sippi

AC_Sippi

For what it’s worth any rks I bought back in the 80’s was grown in northern Kentucky/ southern Indiana could only buy a lb or 2 at a time .
I had to join because of this. Any time someone mentions kentucky I want to let them know that there have been several people throughout the years from all over the internet that mentions kentucky. I'm talking about people that arnt hunting the cultivar or even care, just rando people mention kentucky over the past 25 years. I hope I can spread what I know...

So many 'stories' about Skunk. Here it is from me, someone that's been online talking about weed since 1995. It's 'Skunk.' I don't know when naming it to RKS started because we described Skunk as it 'smells like road kill' back in the late 80s. We never called it Roadkill tho, just Skunk.

This was when I lived up around Chicago. The weed came from southern Illinois but was grown in Kentucky. It was also known as Fourway. Ring a bell?

Fourway is not to be confused with Fairfax Fourway. I know zip about Fairfax Fourway other than it was different than just regular Fourway but Fairfax may have been a little skunky too, idk. Confused yet? Ringing bells?

Let's add in Shoreline outta Texas. I do believe Shoreline was either Fairfax Fourway or Skunk (aka Fourway). Leaning towards Fairfax but I've never seen a solid conversation I trust other than a Costal Texas guy moving to Kentucky and saying 'oh yall got Shoreline here' or vice versa. Shoreline never gave me the RKS vibes from conversations I've seen.

That's pretty much my knowledge about Skunk. I'm cool with the term RKS. Totally fits and absolutely distinguishes the cultivar apart from any other name including, imho, the shadiest name in all of the cannabis world, 'Skunk #1.' I say shady maaan because so many new people think it's the RKS and buy seeds lol.

I hope one day Skunk shows up. I think its still in kentucky or Illinois. Now that you mentioned Indiana as maybe a hub adds to the mystery.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I had to join because of this. Any time someone mentions kentucky I want to let them know that there have been several people throughout the years from all over the internet that mentions kentucky. I'm talking about people that arnt hunting the cultivar or even care, just rando people mention kentucky over the past 25 years. I hope I can spread what I know...

So many 'stories' about Skunk. Here it is from me, someone that's been online talking about weed since 1995. It's 'Skunk.' I don't know when naming it to RKS started because we described Skunk as it 'smells like road kill' back in the late 80s. We never called it Roadkill tho, just Skunk.

This was when I lived up around Chicago. The weed came from southern Illinois but was grown in Kentucky. It was also known as Fourway. Ring a bell?

Fourway is not to be confused with Fairfax Fourway. I know zip about Fairfax Fourway other than it was different than just regular Fourway but Fairfax may have been a little skunky too, idk. Confused yet? Ringing bells?

Let's add in Shoreline outta Texas. I do believe Shoreline was either Fairfax Fourway or Skunk (aka Fourway). Leaning towards Fairfax but I've never seen a solid conversation I trust other than a Costal Texas guy moving to Kentucky and saying 'oh yall got Shoreline here' or vice versa. Shoreline never gave me the RKS vibes from conversations I've seen.

That's pretty much my knowledge about Skunk. I'm cool with the term RKS. Totally fits and absolutely distinguishes the cultivar apart from any other name including, imho, the shadiest name in all of the cannabis world, 'Skunk #1.' I say shady maaan because so many new people think it's the RKS and buy seeds lol.

I hope one day Skunk shows up. I think its still in kentucky or Illinois. Now that you mentioned Indiana as maybe a hub adds to the mystery.
Yeah I never remember it being called RKS either. It was just skunk or Christmas bud around here.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

View attachment 1260672
Have an Acapulco from bodhi. Worked her to f3. Have selected a pheno that has a serious dankness to it. I call her dankapulco gold. Will be putting her on the kids of these two plants. If we cant find the skunk, let's try to re-create her!!
Hell yeah bro Im loving it! If you keep using good old school seed stock from decades past your down to find something good even if its not the exact RKS you can still find some stellar stuff. Right now out of the 10 or so strains Im currently running its the 1990s San Diego Catpiss/OG Kush cross thats the loudest. The stem rubs are even beating out all the supposed KY skunk stuff I got going I think its that 90s catpiss genes thats the madman that shit was loud AF and I vividly remember it from HS. The ammonia piss hasn't been on the streets for a long time Im trying to bring it back again in my neighborhood.

Top Bottom