Rockwool GooRoo's needed!

• Thread starter HappyTrailz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

I also wait until the very last water has been sucked up before applying that first feed after transplant. Usually 3-5 days after they get the new home.

It's shocking how light the blocks get before the plant shows any sign of bad posture or wilt. When I'm using an unfamiliar size block I always keep a dry one around for weight comparison to know when the new transplants need their first dinner. It can be a real tight rope walk that first week, waiting til the last minute to feed, mixing small batches of food for one or two plants, etc, but the pay off is immediate. Speed!

I think a properly watered plant in rockwool can be just as fast and vigorous as one grown dwc. The key is timing the application and volume of your feeds... too much too often can really slow progress, esp in the first few weeks.

med man

med man

Breeder
you should be at 75% rh for the first 1-2 weeks.

keep the lights as high as possible as well for the first 5-10 days.

i would also save the big cubes and root in 1-1.5 inch, then plug them in to 3-4 inch, then put em on top og the hugos ( the best ones out of them all) using smaller cubes will allow you to take more, and keep the best of the best :-)

even if there is yellowing its normal, they should come around really fast. they can get a bit deficient when they root

med-man

ftwendy

ftwendy

you should be at 75% rh for the first 1-2 weeks.

keep the lights as high as possible as well for the first 5-10 days.

i would also save the big cubes and root in 1-1.5 inch, then plug them in to 3-4 inch, then put em on top og the hugos ( the best ones out of them all) using smaller cubes will allow you to take more, and keep the best of the best :)

even if there is yellowing its normal, they should come around really fast. they can get a bit deficient when they root

med-man

I agree with starting with the small blocks and working your way up incrementally. Each new block really gives them a boost in growth for 5 or so days. That said, I start clones in 2" cubes and transplant them into the 6" hugos 3-4 days after root tips show... no additional water for 5 days to a week while the roots venture through the hugo, then begin watering every 24-36 hours for a few weeks, until the final transplant of the Hugo onto the UNI slabs (plastic wrapped mini slab).

The 4" cubes are unnecessary ime.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Trees have all rooted , but growth still weird. Single blades, with purple stems. I'm going to top/prune the spindlely growth tonight. After 27 days things need to start speeding up hopefully. Pretty decent setback, i usually start the flip after 2 weeks. I will try and take a better pic of them out of the room tonight.
Picture 005
Picture 005
Picture 006

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I scorched tips and a little leaf tweak... Potentially a pH issue leading to lockout/overfed. Can't tell, how many leafs on the new growth?

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

I scorched tips and a little leaf tweak... Potentially a pH issue leading to lockout/overfed. Can't tell, how many leafs on the new growth?
Some have 1, some have 2 and 3... seems like retarded growth?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

It's honestly hard to say...
I've had strains that just will not put on more than 1 leaf, always stressed... Someone should put together a checklist for each grower to refer to in times of sick plants.
These being the major culprits:
1, climate - Where is your temp/RH in reference to the VPD chart
2, pH and PPMs going in and coming out

If those 2 things are where they should be, then it would be as simple as pointing you to a damaged leaf chart to determine how nutrient is effecting her.

Sorry I can't be more help right now, I'm on my way out the door.. Get those pics up and Ill check them out when I get back this evening.

VPD Chart
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

It's honestly hard to say...
I've had strains that just will not put on more than 1 leaf, always stressed... Someone should put together a checklist for each grower to refer to in times of sick plants.
These being the major culprits:
1, climate - Where is your temp/RH in reference to the VPD chart
2, pH and PPMs going in and coming out

If those 2 things are where they should be, then it would be as simple as pointing you to a damaged leaf chart to determine how nutrient is effecting her.

Sorry I can't be more help right now, I'm on my way out the door.. Get those pics up and Ill check them out when I get back this evening.
Ok, will do...

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Here's a couple of pics.... camera phone, so still not that great. First one is Chemdog #4... other 2 are cherry pie... single blades, gonna cut down to the bottom 2 nodes/branches and hope some new growth shows improvement. Also i see a flyer or 2 in my tent.... gnats, will imid fix this?H202 seems to have slowed it down but not killed off the larvae.
Picture 008 Picture 010 Picture 011

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Looks like the cherry's were pumping out 1 leafers now 3? Thats a good sign... and the Chem looks to be putting on nice new green growth.

I do see some burnt tips on the chem so I'm going to assume it was possibly a feeding issue.

Consider giving them a little more time to come out of this state of stress they're in. Cutting them back that much will REALLY stress them out.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Looks like the cherry's were pumping out 1 leafers now 3? Thats a good sign... and the Chem looks to be putting on nice new green growth.

I do see some burnt tips on the chem so I'm going to assume it was possibly a feeding issue.

Consider giving them a little more time to come out of this state of stress they're in. Cutting them back that much will REALLY stress them out.
Yes the cp is starting to pump 3... the nutes have been minimal... Since i put on top of the mini cubes/croutons they seem to have bounced back. But as i was saying i see a flyer or 2??? Bayer tree and shrub time? I can hold off a few days but i need to cut back soon.
The chems have stretched out with light being far away. I'm really behind right now and need to flip soon. I only get 2 runs due to the deal i made with wife.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Bayer for gnats.. yes
Because of your time restraint, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Are you using any beneficial microbes?

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Bayer for gnats.. yes
Because of your time restraint, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Are you using any beneficial microbes?
Just gh3 part protekt silica and some h202..... can you recommend how much and which one to use? Tree and shrub or citrus fruit?

Last edited:
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Update, Couple are still stunted... now I have a few rusty spots.. Havent been able to top off rez for a few days. PPM's rised a little bit and ph was at 6.0.... So i'm guessing that's what the rusty spots are from?? Still need dosage for the Bayer, but a little scared as to some things I have read around the net. Happy Turkey Day!

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Well i found a problem i think??? Have no clue what it is tho... the pic isn't very clear but i will throw it up anyways. These eggs are on the new node growth, i just picked it off. Any idea?
Bug

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Just figured i would update.... The problem were broadmites... my Chemdog #4 was growing balls!! 3 weeks into flower i trashed them. Got a new hook up for clones.. I read alot about broads and found that heat and Aspirin will help this, also avid/forbid and OGbiowar. I'm sterilizing my room... ran temps up 125 for about 5 hrs and bleached pots. Hope these new cutz im about to get are legit.

I'm only going to dip the clones in Avid... then heat weekly and use the OGBIOWAR after roots have been established. Seems the Broads have become an epidemic her in cali!!! By far the worse bug out that i'm aware of because you can't see them. These clones came from Elemental/DHN sucks because i ran a few times before with no issues.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Sheeeeeeet....glad I do all my own cloning... Sorry to hear HT, hope you're back up and running soon!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Try the 6 inch par gro blocks from Grodan. They drain better than the Hugo. The purple in the leaves and stalks makes me think overwatering. It's easy to do especially in the beginning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom