Rockwool to Hydro DWC - time to move?

• Thread starter ispy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ispy

so i was unable to change water yesterday. getting ready to this morning and PPM is now 316 and PH has crept up some. still swap or leave it and watch?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So seedlings dont need high
so i was unable to change water yesterday. getting ready to this morning and PPM is now 316 and PH has crept up some. still swap or leave it and watch?
Your fine then. Dont dump or adjust. I have the same issue. When i make my res, it always climbs for a few days before dropping. As long as the climbs are low your good. . but generally. . its a sign of overfeeding. Its just that its a seedling, but eventually it will take up more nutrients. . which is where your at now. So yea ur good bud

I

ispy

So seedlings dont need high

Your fine then. Dont dump or adjust. I have the same issue. When i make my res, it always climbs for a few days before dropping. As long as the climbs are low your good. . but generally. . its a sign of overfeeding. Its just that its a seedling, but eventually it will take up more nutrients. . which is where your at now. So yea ur good bud
PH 6+
PPM 288 - dropping

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Alot will disagree with my next statement but i dont care. During veg i go by the colors of the highest leafs. If they are coming out dark green and thick its not enough light. New growth is light green so in my thoughts as long as my leafs are light green and thin, they are growing faster than if they were dark and thick.

See how they look thin lol, its cause i keep cranking my light up. If i leave it low light they actually look better. . they become a bit more sturdier. . but . . but. . lol they are just not processing as much light.

It also helps keep the node spacing tight and the plants small.

20220630 174241
20220630 174232
I

ispy

I do have a question off topic of sorts. Water level - where on the pot do you keep your level? I have seen some say leave air between netpot and water line and others that say all the way up.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I do have a question off topic of sorts. Water level - where on the pot do you keep your level? I have seen some say leave air between netpot and water line and others that say all the way up.
I havnt tested it but they are most likely right from what im seeing. Dont fully sumberge the rockwool, and dont even using it for wicking if you dont have to. Id say once you have alot of roots in the water it wont matter what you do, but for me, leaving it at the bottom of the netpot works best for seedlings. It just tends to wick up nutrients and isnt sustainable long term. So around week 3 I usually completely sumbmerge as to flush the rock wool. Unused nutrients get trapped in it from wicking method. I do see slowed growth if i submerge it too early. Just slightly wick it it up. You can also take a cup of your solution and top feed it if you would like.

Man i thought i sent this reply 10hrs ago. .

I

ispy

Was out two days and here is what I have now.
PH ~7, PPM jumped to 330! He is growing - albeit kinda funky looking. I added some PH down to start dropping PH.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yea turn the light back down. . so you need to keep the ph between 5.5. and 6.0 if your pushing them. You let your ph go outta range and they slowed down. Turn your light down by 50% for a day

I

ispy

Still having issues with PPM go up. I replaced about 1 gallon of water and got it down to about 400. It had climbed up into the 500s! It dropped a bit this morning. While the two big leafs are really ugly looking, it has a lot of new growth starting so it is definitely growing. I am sure just not at an optimal level. Dropped PH again into 5-6.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It will be ok. .just keep the light where it is for now. It can adapt to higher ppm water to a point.

I

ispy

Seems to be coming along. Definitely a mutant but I hear you can get good results from those. Still battling PH / PPM.

I

ispy

@Cashmeh, decided to replace water today. maintained similar ph and pps. Is this expected? I washed it all out before replacing water.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

@Cashmeh, decided to replace water today. maintained similar ph and pps. Is this expected? I washed it all out before replacing water.

View attachment 1262395
Yea shes stressed id say. You need to get the better nutrients asap. That powdered stuff doesnt mix well it seems. I mean you can keep doing it your way, but im going to assume that can cause root issues.
Did you get the flora trio, calmag and hydroguard yet?

I

ispy

Yea shes stressed id say. You need to get the better nutrients asap. That powdered stuff doesnt mix well it seems. I mean you can keep doing it your way, but im going to assume that can cause root issues.
Did you get the flora trio, calmag and hydroguard yet?
odd, thought i told you. i had them in 2-3 days. i actually never even used the powder except a very small portion before we started chatting. i ordered it the day you told me of them
i have them all and used them when i replaced 1/2 the water on 7/1 and today when i replaced the water. calmag and hydroguard as well

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

odd, thought i told you. i had them in 2-3 days. i actually never even used the powder except a very small portion before we started chatting. i ordered it the day you told me of them
i have them all and used them when i replaced 1/2 the water on 7/1 and today when i replaced the water. calmag and hydroguard as well
Can you tell me exactly what you put in the res, and at what times and how much. I would also increase your res changes until we figure out what that is.

I

ispy

Can you tell me exactly what you put in the res, and at what times and how much. I would also increase your res changes until we figure out what that is.
I will do my best. Are you referring to the fresh change today or previously? I thought my record keeping was updated but I moved it to a different place and lost a bit of previous.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I will do my best. Are you referring to the fresh change today or previously? I thought my record keeping was updated but I moved it to a different place and lost a bit of previous.
I was hoping you were still using a powdered nutrient, or even that powered ph up or down. Just seems like alot of residue for such low ppms. Also the order you add them in matters. Do calmag, micro, grow, bloom, ph up or down, then hydroguard last. Also make sure no light is busting down through them netpots. Seems you might have some uptake issues at this pace if not resolved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom