Roleadro 400w Cob Cree Cxa 3070

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

This is for a question for those who would have a educated answer.

What would make a do-it-yourself Cree grow light build verse the Cree light I referenced better?

It comes with the cxa 3070 Cree, it comes with a heat sink and it comes with fans. I will be the first to admit when it comes to the driver that is most likely the main spot where there's a difference.

Besides the driver what would make a do-it-yourself that much better considering the 2-year warranty you get with the product you buy?

MW7945

MW7945

The CXA 3070 is an older chip. Most DIY are going to use the CXB 3590 now.

S

Shawnery

Thanks for the reference!

So the b is the replacement for the a and the b puts out light more effiecintly but for a higher, not much, price? The 3590 vs. The 3070 is in reference to size.

So in terms of how well they grow the difference is minimal. My concern is brought back to the driver.

How much difference and what is that difference in terms that the driver has in the entire setup?

MW7945

MW7945

The 3590 obviously puts out more light than the 3070. There's plenty of people that get good results with the 3070 I'm sure. But the CXA is obviously an older generation than the CXB lights.

As far as the driver, I have zero clue what they use in that Roleadro.

MW7945

MW7945

I do see that the "400w" model only draws 120w total from the wall, so, that's pretty shitty tbh.

S

Shawnery

All led's pull less watts than they are rated. Most often led grow lights are sold at the wattage of hps that they should replace.

Let's take the Kind k3 L450 which is considered a too rate light, correct. It only draws 270 watts from the wall but nobody would call them crap. Of course kind is a much better brand so the difference is smaller but still there.

MW7945

MW7945

All led's pull less watts than they are rated. Most often led grow lights are sold at the wattage of hps that they should replace.

Let's take the Kind k3 L450 which is considered a too rate light, correct. It only draws 270 watts from the wall but nobody would call them crap. Of course kind is a much better brand so the difference is smaller but still there.

I'm aware, and it's bullshit to be honest. Some brands will call a light a 1200w and it will end of drawing 150w from the wall. However, there's no law/regulation on this. So they do it. This is why you always look for the actual power draw prior to buying a light.

S

Shawnery

I agree but when I buy an led I buy it in reference to the hps it can supposedly replace. The horrible thing is most of that is bull and can change from one brand to the other.

One of the reasons people use led is because they draw less wattage than the light they are rated for besides heat output being the number one reason I would guess.

The reason I went with these are because there is no doubt that the cxa 3070 is a top notch model even if last year's. Obviously the driver is the deciding factor in light output. The problem is when you increase the power to these they produce much more heat which reduces life.

These seem to be somewhere right in the middle of good quality and good life.

S

Shawnery

When judging led's the only true way to judge them is with lumens. Other than that the basic idea is the stated wattage is "supposed" to thst of an equal hps light.

Honestly if the stated wattage does truly compare to that of an equal hps than I see no better way to state their wattage.

Stating it's 200w or what ever it may be does not help someone know how they compare to a 200w hps which is how most people judge lighting.

S

Shawnery

In the end all that matters is how they grow or compare to the size hps you may need for the same grow.

MW7945

MW7945

Different light... cxa3070 isn't blurple.

When judging led's the only true way to judge them is with lumens. Other than that the basic idea is the stated wattage is "supposed" to thst of an equal hps light.

Honestly if the stated wattage does truly compare to that of an equal hps than I see no better way to state their wattage.

Stating it's 200w or what ever it may be does not help someone know how they compare to a 200w hps which is how most people judge lighting.

The true judge is the PPFD/PAR of a light. At least for this application.

S

Shawnery

I agree on both accounts, unless he's running a plain led and the cree together, cree's are light having the sun in your grow room.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Buy from

Timber
Pacific
Rapid

All are solid. What they are watts wise they will pull dam near at the wall

Yes everything on amazon is crap or so overpriced is redic but there are real, legit led spots

I have a 300w that's really 140, but it was 80 bux.....

Theguy

Theguy

Its not blurple. The camera makes it appear purple but it it more of a white peach color

Theguy

Theguy

There is also leds on the side that are purpleish but ill be damned if i can get the correct color of the cob in a pic

MW7945

MW7945

So... it's white light... but your camera makes it look blurple?

That's odd.

Top Bottom