Root aphid virus

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cctt

I've read several references to a virus carried by root aphids, but never seen sources cited. I'm currently trying to diagnose a set of plants that exhibit the phantom-deficiencies that make me think of previous root aphid experience, but I can find no signs of actual root aphids.

Does anyone know more?

bobby

bobby

I don't know anything about the virus you are referring to, but I say you hit those plants with a root drench of Bayer Tree and Shrub. It works great for root aphids.

I always use all the pesticides religiously, even if I don't have the pest.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I don't know anything about the virus you are referring to, but I say you hit those plants with a root drench of Bayer Tree and Shrub. It works great for root aphids.

this would not be safe to use in flower.

C

cctt

I don't support the idea of using pesticides unnecessarily. This serves only to breed resistant pests. I'm hoping to learn more about whether there's truth to the suggestion that some of RA's damage is caused by a viral infection. If this is the case, no chemical could solve the problem anyway.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

this would not be safe to use in flower.
why, what's in it? the ortho treeandshrub product is imidacloprid, supposedly safe for food crops up to 7d to harvest. def kills RAs (motherfuckers) and fungusgnats too.

now what's this virus about?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
from what i have read its not a specific virus that Ra's habor but more of the fact that they serve as hosts for many viruses.

Confu.

treebark1950

treebark1950

What other pesticides? I have a sticky thread in the nutrient and fert section where I got Avid Floramite Forbid and Eagle 20 all lab Tested after 180 days and the results were surprising! Avid and Floramite showed up after 180 days!!!

Not hating at all, as I used to use these on new cuts but now I just don't take in new cuts...

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
yo tree when u test imid, please test merit 75, i can shoot u some so u dont have to buy it, bayer tree n shrub is a watered down version of it, jus an fyi.

Confu...

bobby

bobby

I do what I have to, to feed my family. I support many people and many people depend on me, so I can't mess around without pesticides.

If I didn't have to worry about money, then I would certainly try to attain a growing environment where successful organics could be realistic. But until then, I would recommend to all growers to use pesticides regularly. Again, that's only if you need to earn profits. If you're rich, then you can afford to buy the time to learn how to create a well balanced environment where pesticides are not necessary.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I do what I have to, to feed my family. I support many people and many people depend on me, so I can't mess around without pesticides.

If I didn't have to worry about money, then I would certainly try to attain a growing environment where successful organics could be realistic. But until then, I would recommend to all growers to use pesticides regularly. Again, that's only if you need to earn profits. If you're rich, then you can afford to buy the time to learn how to create a well balanced environment where pesticides are not necessary.

Yo Bobby, i appriciate ur honesty, what u speak of is the businees practicality of the matter. however like most business, profits trump ppls safety, there is no diffrence in the mmj bizz.

Confu...

treebark1950

treebark1950

I totally disagree...

We grow for different reasons and probably look at life much different...

I do all the same that you do..family, bills, people rely on me and my meds I produce...

...yet I still avoid them, the only time I EVER used them was if new cuts were aquired.

I'm not rich, I'm a farmer, I'm just dedicated to creating the best and SAFEST meds for my patients and not being lazy to rely on pesticides. (I'm not calling you lazy, i'm calling the practices of using pesticides regularly lazy).

I run all organics in all of my rooms, big or small. I feel as if I use the benefits of mother nature to help me create an environment where bugs and mold are non existent issues. I use the same practices on my little 4x4 grow as i do my warehouses. Do it right no matter how big or small. To me if it can't be done right, the scale down...

What happens when the bugs you always fight develop a resistance to your spraying and you breed super mites that laugh at Avid or Floramite....

Not hating at all.

Cheers

bobby

bobby

So all I can do is constantly research and educate myself as much as possible. I am not rich enough yet to implement my learnings, but I will be soon thanks to good ol pesticides.

treebark1950

treebark1950

So all I can do is constantly research and educate myself as much as possible. I am not rich enough yet to implement my learnings, but I will be soon thanks to good ol pesticides.

I don't understand your logic, "not rich enough to implement my learnings"....

Either way, hopefully when you are rich enough, you can start implementing the knowledge you have learned in growing to help produce safer meds!

I wish you all the best my brotha!

Again not hating!

bobby

bobby

Yes, that is the goal. Same to you. I am not a hater. I admire you for succeeding with organics.

C

cctt

Here's an example from another plant, the beet. I've read that root aphids transmit Beet Yellowing Virus and the symptoms of that virus look oddly familiar. That sort of interveinal chlorosis is something I've certainly seen before. Whether these are related it's definitely not possible to say, but it would be nice to know! If I have a plant with aphids, I can kill them. If I have a plant with a virus, I have to throw it out and hopefully have access to clean specimens of those genetics.

Top Bottom