Root aphid virus

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Are there 2 forms of Oxidate?

I dont think so....the smallest jug you can buy is 2.5 gallons. I haven't heard of a lesser version

It doesn't require a permit.

Hell....neither does 100% lye drain cleaner.

Theres lots more dangerous than Oxidate in a grocery store cleaning aisle.

Legislating the control of these things due to a few dumbasses is crazy, IMHO. Cali just outlawed Naptha....lol.....but you can get gasoline?!?!?!?!.....wtf?!?.....lol...

Natural selection will solve these problems....at no penalty to the rest of us.

I, for one, dont want my choices limited due to a few cro-magnon idiots.

They are supposed to have it in a 'safe' form by the time it hits the shelves anyway...

But I will hand it to you....there is always gonna be a dumb fuck that messes it up for everybody. There are reasons you cant buy 55 gallon drums of DDT anymore....lol...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are two forms of OxiDate, and in California you are required to have the appropriate permits in order to simply purchase the agricultural production version (legally), which happens to be extremely caustic, has a required minimum reentry period, protocol for worker protection, etc, etc, etc. Labeling laws are not what most people think they are.

I used to think like you, but have since learned, seen and experienced just how many true idiots this earth is populated by. We need regulation of substances just as we need regulation of corporations. We're getting regulation of substances, not of corporations. Both can kill.

I mean, by your reasoning, water is deadly. And the thing is, it IS deadly.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Oxidate is approved for use 24 hours before harvest by the State of California.

The only requirement for workers is long sleeve shirts and a basic mask....shoes....I mean stuff I use to spray neem!

I can print the label off of my jug.

Thats right....water is deadly. That doesn't mean I need one MORE law to control me.

Gasoline is far more harmful to people and the environment than Oxidate.

You can buy gas as soon as you can put your money on the counter.

More laws and bigger government aren't the answer, IMHO.

You can't legislate stupidity out of society. You just gotta deal with the fallout. ex: George Bush

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Look, again, I get where you're coming from regarding legislating stupidity. But we have a real problem when someone else's stupidity affects ME.

And, I'm not talking about a pre-harvest interval, I'm talking about a worker re-entry period. Double check that label on your jug.

Also, double check that label and tell me, assuming you're in California, if it's labeled for agricultural production or for home and garden use, because there is a difference.

I will reiterate--labeling laws are not necessarily what you think they are.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Its for agricultural use.

So are the lights and everything else in my garage.

Jug is in a different spot ...I will holla back in a few days.

Sea, I hate fussing with you....lol...cause you are almost as hard headed as I am.

O

Organicyumyum

I don't know anything about the virus you are referring to, but I say you hit those plants with a root drench of Bayer Tree and Shrub. It works great for root aphids.

I always use all the pesticides religiously, even if I don't have the pest.

this is absolutely horrible advice! feed your soil with beneficials and predatory nematodes! using pesticides when they aren't necessary makes pests more resistant to the pesticides. Chemical pesticides are not necessary 99% of the time.

O

Organicyumyum

So all I can do is constantly research and educate myself as much as possible. I am not rich enough yet to implement my learnings, but I will be soon thanks to good ol pesticides.

this type of attitude is what is wrong with the "medical" marijuana business

O

Organicyumyum

I think people gotta prioritize their lives and be realistic and practical. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to make money and help people? Exactly, everyone would. The point of using IPM is to build a business so you can do exactly that.

The majority of the people who grow marijuana do so to make money, not to help patients. If you're in a position where you have to grow marijuana for a living, you first need to stabilize your life financially, then go on to helping others, in all types of ways. But if you can barely feed yourself, you should worry about successful harvests first. Go out there, make a bunch of money with this wonderful plant, then create some real social change.

The recommendations you make about helping patients is like "duh" of course pesticides are shitty man. Who the fuck would disagree with that? I had to spend 40k to learn how difficult organics truly is, but most people cannot afford that. So I recommend against it for those who need to feed their families.

Do you really grow for no profits? If so, much respect to you, you really are a saint.
I think people gotta prioritize their lives and be realistic and practical. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to make money and help people? Exactly, everyone would. The point of using IPM is to build a business so you can do exactly that.

The majority of the people who grow marijuana do so to make money, not to help patients. If you're in a position where you have to grow marijuana for a living, you first need to stabilize your life financially, then go on to helping others, in all types of ways. But if you can barely feed yourself, you should worry about successful harvests first. Go out there, make a bunch of money with this wonderful plant, then create some real social change.

The recommendations you make about helping patients is like "duh" of course pesticides are shitty man. Who the fuck would disagree with that? I had to spend 40k to learn how difficult organics truly is, but most people cannot afford that. So I recommend against it for those who need to feed their families.

Do you really grow for no profits? If so, much respect to you, you really are a saint.

Dude, you have the worst attitude I've ever heard. And you don't need to spend 40 grand to figure out how to grow organically. This is the most absurd attitude towards mmj, and you're spreading misinformation.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

One hour re entry....and thats INDOORS! If and only IF it was sprayed or fogged. If it was mopped, or wiped or poured its ZERO re entry time! The only time re entry is a concern is if it was fogged.

They dont actually package anything smaller that 2.5 gallons. I think there are distributors that will break it down for you.

I have gotten floramite that way...in packages smaller than the manufacturer produces. People have made a business of repackaging and relabeling pesticides and fertilizers online, it would seem.

It is also listed ny the state of Florida and Cali for use on food crops up to 24 hours before harvest. How bad can it be? It peroxide, basically.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh... what are we talking about here, Mississip? Sorry, I feel as though I've just walked into someone else's convo.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Look, again, I get where you're coming from regarding legislating stupidity. But we have a real problem when someone else's stupidity affects ME.

And, I'm not talking about a pre-harvest interval, I'm talking about a worker re-entry period. Double check that label on your jug.

Also, double check that label and tell me, assuming you're in California, if it's labeled for agricultural production or for home and garden use, because there is a difference.

I will reiterate--labeling laws are not necessarily what you think they are.
Uh... what are we talking about here, Mississip? Sorry, I feel as though I've just walked into someone else's convo.

lol...I was answering you...:p

I lost it also:confused:...I forgot about looking at the jug till I was out there a day or so ago... and the little booklet fell off so I had to get the label pdf online

....Oxidate is basicaly H2O2 with an ingriedient to keep the peroxide from dissapating so quickly.

Hell...what WERE we fighting about....lol..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My OxiDate has two peroxides. 27% H2O2 and 2% PAA (paracetic acid, used in food industry for sanitization). I think they've done at least two different formulations now that they've got a ready-mixed, ready-to-use product for home gardeners.

It was a long, but very good weekend this last weekend. I got kinda crispy.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Oh ok...when I bought mine the smallest I could purchase was a 2.5 gal jug

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think they have two or three formulations for it at least, based on my internet searches. It appears that, get this, we're BOTH right.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!! No one's wrong!

Y

Ythor

My OxiDate has two peroxides. 27% H2O2 and 2% PAA (paracetic acid, used in food industry for sanitization). I think they've done at least two different formulations now that they've got a ready-mixed, ready-to-use product for home gardeners.

Peracetic acid is a combination of hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid; from Wikipedia:

Peracetic acid arises upon treatment of acetic acid with hydrogen peroxide, the equilibrium constant being 0.37 at room temperature

This means the reaction does not go to completion; there's some finished product (peracetic acid), and some each of the two parent compounds- hydrogen peroxide, and acetic acid (vinegar).

It's a strong oxidizer, which is useful for disinfection- particularly in the presence of organic matter.

Chobble

Chobble

I don't know anything about the virus you are referring to, but I say you hit those plants with a root drench of Bayer Tree and Shrub. It works great for root aphids.

I always use all the pesticides religiously, even if I don't have the pest.

Enjoy the cancer and black flem. I've also read the last of your posts and what you do disgusts me, you are clearly uneducated and need to go take a horticulture course. You may also want to notice that anything for trees and shrubs also has a big ol' warning that says "NOT SAFE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION". Its people like you who ruin our industry.

this would not be safe to use in flower.

Thank god your here...

Also on the subject of Root aphids carrying diseases. I did read a research paper during my five month battle about how Root aphids not only make your plant susceptible to root born disease etc but also can carry a variety of diseases (And fungi) from plant to plant. Now whether the beat yellowing disease can be transferred to Cannabis I dont know as a fact. If there's interest in it I have a professor I can ask.

Im to lazy to read the other 3 pages. This is just chobbles 2 cents.

Chobble

Top Bottom