Root Aphids

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tenthirty

You have that many and the plants are still alive? Act of god here.

Dunge

Dunge

Root Aphids are the worst.. these are pics or some Royal Purple Kush's.. never had RA's before... one day came home to find these lil fuckers overnight!! No soil in my house when this happened.. i swear they came from the Rockwool cubes... anyways i got lucky and was still in veg with no rush to push them through so I went to home de-pot and got some Bayer Tree and Shrub and nuked em!! Ordered up some of caps bennies and kept up on weekly teas.. will post pics of those same plants in flower they are about to come down and look great!
Nice work with the camera. Thanks.
Has anybody thrown some parasitic nematodes at root aphids?
Seems like just the thing for a soft bodied nemesis.

O

Organicyumyum

Root Aphids are the worst.. these are pics or some Royal Purple Kush's.. never had RA's before... one day came home to find these lil fuckers overnight!! No soil in my house when this happened.. i swear they came from the Rockwool cubes... anyways i got lucky and was still in veg with no rush to push them through so I went to home de-pot and got some Bayer Tree and Shrub and nuked em!! Ordered up some of caps bennies and kept up on weekly teas.. will post pics of those same plants in flower they are about to come down and look great!

this is absolutely the worst thing i've ever seen. I would BUG out if i ever found this many R.A.'s on a clone or plant. Merit 75 that shit quick! and im first to say forget chemicals, but ive never seen anything like that before.

O

Organicyumyum

Another farmer here has brought some cool shit to my attention. There is a beneficial nematode:

http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/NemaSeek-Beneficial-Nematodes/beneficial-insects-organisms

that when combined with beauvaria bassiana is supposedly a great organic death combo for RA's. Well, the foliar pack has plenty of beavaria, and apparently the nematodes will actively seek any RA in the rootzone to eat them.

The foliar pack is 100% compatible with beneficial nematodes as well.

im not sure that those nematodes will work for root aphids. i usually use nematodes for any type of soil borne pest, but I talked at length with someone from the company I order my predator bugs from and they said that nematodes don't do much for R.A.'s. I will say that your packs slowed them down huge in flower. I wiped them out in veg though and have religiously used your packs and haven't seen even one bug in my room in months.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I got them in my rockwool too a couple months ago. Makes me wonder.

Those are some great pics regardless.

persiankid

persiankid

Yeah these things fuckin sucked... I treated those cubes with Bayer tree and shrub and haven't seen them since! I know i have some pictures of those same plants finishing up. End product was good my yield took a hit but I was able to finish everything out w/o seeing the RA's.. even checked the root balls afterwards and there was no real sign of them at all.. just a super weak root structure. I'm telling you guys.. Bayer Tree and Shrub for the win.. only in Veg of course!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

If I treat my soil with Merit or Bayer how long after that should I wait to re-add Cap's bennies?

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Cant rep Arbico enough they are an awesome local company with great customer service and some awesome products at good prices they team up with the hydro store i go to and put on IPM and organic growing classes really cool company just ordered there nemaseek and nemattack plus a cubic foot of rice hulls as a perlite substitute plus some em-1 and nitron a-35 all great organic gardening products im hoping the nematodes will help my little RA problem and ive talked to the guys at arbico and between the 2 packs they said there should be a noticeable effect within 2 weeks so im hopeful for the flowering plants ive got merit 75 on the way for the veg area i hope everyone out there with these bastards gets rid of them it not easy for sure especially the organic route happy growing farmers

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Latest posts

Top Bottom