Roots organics and adding Gravity during flowering..

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Well instead of just taking Advanced Nutrients word on it, here is a recent study.
And they are injecting these rats with large doses, Mammalian Toxicity starting pg 10

"No evidence of DNA damage or repair was noted in an in vivo UDS assay. PBZ had no effect on 12
either fertility or dominant lethality in mice in a dominant lethality test. Based on these in vitro
and in vivo mutagenicity tests, it was concluded that PBZ is not genotoxic."
"There was no evidence of carcinogenic effect of PBZ in rats or mice."

Not organic.
Why is Advanced against it, b/c they don't sell it.
Why did it not make EPA approval, b/c Monsanto don't own it. Nobody here thinks they use their lawyers to keep competitive products off the shelves too?

In the end do what you feel is right, but there are a lot of claims made in the 'industry', made by companies, that amount to little more than opinion. Advanced is notorious for this.

montanamike1

montanamike1

I've been using the Soul Synthetics line for over a year from those guys and loving the results- as always, the "magic bullet" for making your buds bigger and tastier isn't an additive like Gravity, it's microbes! Throw in an Aerated Compost tea every week and watch them blow! Good luck to ya-

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Man if only I could burn one right now.. I have to get clean for a drug test that I'll be taking tmrw or the next day.. so at least I only have 2 more days then I'm getting ripped.. :)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Man if only I could burn one right now.. I have to get clean for a drug test that I'll be taking tmrw or the next day.. so at least I only have 2 more days then I'm getting ripped.. :)
Dont worry i got ur back. Gonna load some sfv f cut and give her a good rip ;) i smoke before drug tests just to calm my nerves, just gotta kno the right tricks..

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Plus I never used it in soil. Don't think it would be as much use in soil as in hydro, I never seem to have the same stretching or fluffing problems in organic soil, the medium is more self regulating, and at that point it's all about the microbes.

There is no "I" in "Community".

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I think I'm.just gonna use it on one of my plants that is sativa dominant to see if it actually will give me some dense nugs

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

If used once in stretch (wk 2-3) will retard/stop stretch, sometimes detrimentally, be careful.
Otherwise can be used once in wk5, or 6 for density.
Or sometimes both times, really strain dependent, really finicky stuff to work with, really concentrated, be careful.
Definately one to experiment one plant at a time with, I have ruined a whole crop before being a dumb jackass.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Well instead of just taking Advanced Nutrients word on it, here is a recent study.
And they are injecting these rats with large doses, Mammalian Toxicity starting pg 10

"No evidence of DNA damage or repair was noted in an in vivo UDS assay. PBZ had no effect on 12
either fertility or dominant lethality in mice in a dominant lethality test. Based on these in vitro
and in vivo mutagenicity tests, it was concluded that PBZ is not genotoxic."
"There was no evidence of carcinogenic effect of PBZ in rats or mice."

Not organic.
Why is Advanced against it, b/c they don't sell it.
Why did it not make EPA approval, b/c Monsanto don't own it. Nobody here thinks they use their lawyers to keep competitive products off the shelves too?

In the end do what you feel is right, but there are a lot of claims made in the 'industry', made by companies, that amount to little more than opinion. Advanced ish notorious for this.
Hope u werent implying my views on paclo and dami to those of AN. If so ur a bit off.
Ive seen piss poor growers use these products to achieve a better yield. Imo, if u need depend on such products to achieve a harder and bigger flower, i suggest u(not pointed at one personally) rethink ur growing methods and refine ur techniques.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

If used once in stretch (wk 2-3) will retard/stop stretch, sometimes detrimentally, be careful.
Otherwise can be used once in wk5, or 6 for density.
Or sometimes both times, really strain dependent, really finicky stuff to work with, really concentrated, be careful.
Definately one to experiment one plant at a time with, I have ruined a whole crop before being a dumb jackass.
Ur not helping ur cause by suggesting one to use it so late in flowering.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

What cause is that? I'm not selling the shit, just saying he can take your WORD on it, or ask that you back up your claims.

Please point me to some PROOF! I provided a link that has found 'no evidence of carcinogens'....
Surely if it is as harmful as everyone claims, b/c by God the FDA has banned it, and we all know how good a job they do at being an impartial jury for Monsanto lawyers. Then you should be able to provide me with ample links to the documented harm it causes.
All I get in return are CLAIMS from the OrganicNazi crowd and Advanced Reps.
When they can point to a study to back up their claims, then I will. Otherwise it is like listening to the anti-gun crowd that is also pro drugs. When it is something they agree with they can abstract logic from subject, but when it isn't logic goes out the window.

I'll get some tested for residuals this go around. FSL do that testing? Know anyone who does?

This is just a case of something the AN doesn't sell, so they turn the marketing machine on it and then 'the FDA' banned it (b/c Monsanto doesn't own the patent), an so forth and all of the sudden no one is asking 'Show me the Carfax'. Everyone is accepting something as FACT which at this point is only conjecture.
AN's claim 'it could be carcinogenic' has been interpreted by the masses as 'carcinogenic', which has been proven wrong by feeding lab rats high concentrations of said chemical.

I am happy to be proven wrong, just not 'claimed' wrong.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Hmmm kinda got me there. I do not have any scientific data and im not gonna browse the web to help my say. But i will however state that these produdts never satisfied my goal of growing the best of the best. I worked some time being the sole grower of big ops in which i was told which style to grow and what products to use. (Had its ups and downs). Shit we used PhosphoL, Gravity, Bushmaster, Dr. Nodes, avid, floramite, eagle20, and some other shit(not all on the same cycle by any means). I used alot of these without knowing the potential risk. I learned with time and built up a big disregard for these products. At the same time, our bud never tasted wholesome with overwhelming flavor, however achieved unreal density and big yields.

Im no scientist and cant tell you what paclo or dami will do exactly to ur body. But i am a proud horticulturalist and will say that there is better ways to improve your yields.

Anyways, two diff opinions and im not trying to prove anything. This is just my say and experiences.

Oh and as far as ur cause, i was implying the jackass part ;) gotcha!

+vibeZ

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

But i will however state that these produdts never satisfied my goal of growing the best of the best.
We agree here.
But my base nutes aren't what I'd be using for the best of the best either. Just see the carcinogen thing thrown around a lot and have yet to get a linked study for that, trust me if it's out there I'd like to see it (of course if it were out there AN might be linking it.)

Good point, I should check on the late application, just going off others on that one. Used the last of it anyway and don't think it made a big enough difference to justify the expense.

But far as organic goes I'm a fan, but I can't always do it all that way right now.

I really can't wait till I can use all organic lighting, too. Bad hippie.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Yup, im stoner turned hippie... still a stoner. I still use about 30% synthetics, nothing detrimental to health just not considered organic. I do love organic gardening outdoors though, i just dont rely on it like i do my indoor.
Anyhow, stay up! Z

Top Bottom