Round 2 - This time with Trustfall Genetics

• Thread starter 0ttomanfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Since my first grow with the new setup finished, it is time for the second round.
This time i will do some freebies i got from my Trustfall order. Shoutouts to Trustfall who was very generous on the freebies with my order. He nearly doubled the amount of seeds 🥳
The ordering process was smooth and the seeds came to Europe in like 2-3 weeks or so. Nice packaging, no problems with customs.

Grow Environment:
Seedling Tent 0,80 x 0,80 x 1,80
Grow Tent 1,50 x 1,50 x 2,00
This are the lights:
Seedling stage:
150W - Baboboard - 140x Samsung LM301H One, 20x Samsung LM301H Evo Mint, 120x Osram GW QTLQS1.LM, 8x Osram GH CSSRM4.24, 4x Osram GF QSSPA1.24
Big tent:
680W - Ocl Skwid 1900 - 2880 LM301H Samsung Chips & 96 Oslon SSL Osram Chips
9l Air Pots
Several Fans
pH and EC meter for correct values. I go with 6.2ph most of the time.

Soil:
Seedlings in Jiffy
Jiffy in 1l pots with only BioBizz Light Mix

Final pots:
(reusing soil from last time)
BioBizz Light Mix - 3 Parts
Perlite - 1 Part
BioBizz Worm Humus - 1/3 Part
Plagron Guano Bat - 50g per pot
Primal Rock Flour - 10g per pot
BioTabs Startrex - 40g per pot

Ferts:
Alfa Boost
BioBizz Fish MIx
Canna Bio Bloom
BioTabs pk 5-8
Terra Aquatica Seaweed
BioBizz CalMag

I am doing tissue method. (Next time i will put them in a Zip lock and not between two plates)

8x White Runtz x Mad Martigan
8x Pure Michigan x Cindarella Man
2x FEM Oki Wedding Cake x Garry Payton
(this two i had laying around)
1x FEM Amnesia x MAC
1x OG Kush

1st day:
4 White Runts, 5 PureMichigan and both Garry Payton came

2nd day:
2 White Runts, 1 Pure Michigan, Amnesia

3rd day:
OG Kush

After that i messed it up with the tissues. I let it dry out, twice, one PM and one WR cracked but they dried out again. The OG Kush didnt survive, because she couldnt throw off her seedling skin(and stupid me didnt help her).

This are pics from the first day. Never had so long roots within that short time...

White Runtz x Mad Martigan
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics

Oki Wedding Cake x Garry Payton
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 2

Pure Michigan x Cindarella Man
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 3

This is 3 days later
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 4

This is 2 Weeks later
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 5

For now i can say some of this plants are like on steroids. Compared to my last 4 strains, from Sensi, Greenhouse and Barneys, none of them had this type of grow. The leaves are big and meaty, the stems much thicker. First time i watered them after transplant (200ml) they needed like 6days to empty the pot. I watered on 7th day, all fine. Yesterday, 3days after last watering, half of the plants were hanging and some leaves did even dry :( . Watered immediately after that. Tomorrow i will transplant into bigger pots. Forgot to take a picture yesterday so i cant show the damage.
Until now it feels like everything goes faster with this plants compared to last time. I need to be more cautious to avoid this little throwbacks.

You can see how some plants are just going wild. Humidity is low due to tent open.
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 7
Round 2   this time with trustfall genetics 6

First watering i did 2ml Alfa Boost on 4L Water. 2nd watering i did 2ml Alfa Boost, 2ml Seaweed, 2ml FishMix on 4l again. I was a little distracted from the harvest work on my last grow and made some errors allready. Now that i am finished with the other stuff i can focus on this ladies and gents. I will try to make a mother for the first time from this run. Every help is appreciated. Wish me luck :)

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

good luck on this run brother ✌️ 🇿🇦
thx bro 👊
Hell yeah brother count me in on this ride! You’ve got quite the selection! I wish I had the room for that amount. I’ve got enough TF beans to solely run his line for awhile!! Everything is looking great!
I also got enough beans for the whole year ;). Thinking about a pure sativa run next, but first things first.

Will move them into bigger pots and tent today. Gonna post a pic later.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys, i did transplant the plants in their final pots. Some nice roots already, espeacially on the White Runtz x MadMartigan and the
OkiWeddingCake x Garry Payton. Obviously i am a bit late with transplant for some of them...

Here some examples...
20230111 200106 2
20230111 203900 2
20230111 204557 2

The dry out did hit them pretty hard, i had to cut off some off the bottom leaves. Some leaves i cutted only the tips. I hope the transplant was smooth enough for them. They are in the big tent now, lights are on 180w (lowest possible) and its 55cm above them. Smooth air circulation is on too. Lets see how it goes. Watered a bit today for the transplant procedure. If they look good in two days i will put the lights on 320W. Water with a bit of nutes in 2 days again. Here a family shot.
20230111 212428

15 from 20 survived till here. 3 are fems(one fem aint from trustfall). 12 regulars.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey gus, here a little update on the plants.
Lights on 320Watt now 60cm. After transplanting and watering i waited for 3 days with next watering.
3days before i watered with only ph Buffer. Since i am reusing my soil, i thought it would be a good idea to get ph in the soil fixed before i start feeding again. Yesterday i watered 500ml with half nutrients(ph 6.1), to get the whole pot wet and feed the plants a bit.
These pics were taken before watering.

All of them did fine with the transplant, one White Runtz is a bit Nitrogen scared, or got to much N in the soil where the roots came out of the Jiffy. I think it will still be ok. I removed bottom leaves which touched soil or dried up totally.
20230116 204131 4
20230116 204136 3
20230116 204139 3
20230116 204144 3

The Pure Michigan on the last pic, top left, is the clear winner in height. She or he looks like the boss of the fam :D
For now 6 plants , evenly distributed, showing really good perfomance. You could also say, they handled my shitty performance best ^^
On the bottom of the plants you can clearly see the damage the underwatering did. The top of the plants look fine again. Some show signs of to much nitrogen, but i think this is just random. All pots have the same mixture but maybe the roots hit some Guano in the soil and got a little shock. Will see how it goes. Now that the plants go healthier again, i soon want to try to make my first clones. Yesterday i ordered all the stuff i need for that. I wanted to top the plants anyways.

Clonex Gel
Clonex Mist
Root Riot Plugs
One way scalpel
Two little greenhouse

I have one little thing that bothers me a bit. My humidity is around 50%-55% only and i cant get it up really, wondering if thats a problem overtime, cause i should have around 65-70 at an optimum, at this stage(afaik). Trying to rise humidity with spraying water in the tent and 3plates with water at the floor.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
looking great! Are you using a humidifier at all? I have a mist humidifier that I keep inside of my tent during Veg. Exhaust fans running constantly keep it constantly around 70%. The humidity range I don’t believe will be a huge issue for you, just slower growth IMO. Do you know what your VPD calculation is currently?

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

looking great! Are you using a humidifier at all? I have a mist humidifier that I keep inside of my tent during Veg. Exhaust fans running constantly keep it constantly around 70%. The humidity range I don’t believe will be a huge issue for you, just slower growth IMO. Do you know what your VPD calculation is currently?
nope i dont know. Hearing VPD calculation for the first time. What u mean by that exactly?
Was thinking about the mist humidifier but wanted to try other stuff first, before i spend money again.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Give this a read. It will explain it a lot better than I can. There are online calculators you can input your temp and humidity and it will give you your VPD. Depending on what stage of growth you’re in, you will want your VPD to be within that range. AC infinity controllers will give you your VPD through their app or you can always calculate it yourself.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Give this a read. It will explain it a lot better than I can. There are online calculators you can input your temp and humidity and it will give you your VPD. Depending on what stage of growth you’re in, you will want your VPD to be within that range. AC infinity controllers will give you your VPD through their app or you can always calculate it yourself.

thx, will check!

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys, here a little update with the plants. The last two watering session were to much water overall. Plants are looking good but it is now 5 days from last watering and pots are still heavy. Some have stunted growth which can also result from overwatering i heard. The one plant with to much Nitrogen still didnt recover. I dont know what is wrong with her. I think i will give her only water next watering. What do you guys think this plant has?
20230120 212333

Here a family shot. The White Runtz are the winners in height. Some plants have good branching to the sides already.
20230120 212346

Since all the stuff for my first cloning action arrived, i started today with cutting/topping 6 plants. Trying to get 80%humidity at 26°C
20230121 213337
20230121 213343

Tomorrow the rest will follow. I am asking myself if there is a best "time window" to cut the plants. Another question, on the Clonex Mist Bottle it says to spray the leaves every 2nd day. But the leaves looked like they dried up after a few hours already. I think the leaves wont be covered in water for two days with only the first spray!? How often do you guys spray your clones? Also im wondering on how strong the lights should be? I have 150W in that tent. How much do you guys use for your clones? Should i go full power? 50% ?

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys. Here a little update. The plants did take the cutting without problems. Yesterday i cutted another 4. Tomorrow i will cut off the last 4, wanted to give them a bit more time to stretch.

Day 28 after sprouting in Jiffies.
Yesterday, after sunrise, before watering and cutting off the 2nd batch.
20230121 213439

Here they are in the dome. The 6 from the first batch didnt root yet.
20230123 223203

This is how they look after watering and cutting. I did weigh all pots, there was quite a difference at some. I will check tomorrow or the other day the weight again, to see how much they are drinking. pH was 6.2, EC 0.8. Gave half a dose of AlfaBoost, Fishmix, Seaweed and a bit of calmag. Between 100-400ml per plant(depending on weight). Next feeding will be full dose for the first time.

20230123 223252
20230123 223247

The one curling is still curled, i hope she will get over it. The rest shows good growth. I am using bending clips for those who dont got good branching. 3-4 still small but they will get less water so they can regen. I am planing to make two more cuts per plant to get more bud sites. How long do you guys wait before you make your 2nd cuts ?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys. Here a little update. The plants did take the cutting without problems. Yesterday i cutted another 4. Tomorrow i will cut off the last 4, wanted to give them a bit more time to stretch.

View attachment 1323006

View attachment 1323005

This is how they look after watering and cutting. I did weigh all pots, there was quite a difference at some. I will check tomorrow or the other day the weight again, to see how much they are drinking. pH was 6.2, EC 0.8. Gave half a dose of AlfaBoost, Fishmix, Seaweed and a bit of calmag. Between 100-400ml per plant(depending on weight). Next feeding will be full dose for the first time.

View attachment 1323008View attachment 1323007

The one curling is still curled, i hope she will get over it. The rest shows good growth. I am using bending clips for those who dont got good branching. 3-4 still small but they will get less water so they can regen. I am planing to make two more cuts per plant to get more bud sites. How long do you guys wait before you make your 2nd cuts ?
Looking good! I’ll leave it To the pros when to do the 2nd topping, I did mine after they grew 3 new nodes in each top but I could be wrong, let’s see what the pros say! Besides that the plants look great!

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Today i watered again. First time full dose, 200ml-400ml per plant. Monitoring every pot with weight so i hit the correct amount. Plants looking good so far. All of them did drink the amount i gave last time. I gave 100ml-400ml and all pots were lighter than before. Will check again in two days.
There was not much of a stretch at two plants(bottom right) so i decided to wait another 2 days before i top the last 4 plants. The curled one still doesnt look as she could handle more stress, so i wont top her. She is drinking though.
20230125 212729
20230125 212738 2
20230125 212744 2

4th day
Two of the clones i made fell over. I dont know why they did that. The rest is looking ok for me, i did use Clonex Mist again today. Still no roots.
Why did those two fell over, anyone got an idea?
20230125 212607
20230125 212609
20230125 212618

To hot? To wet? Curious if the rest will bend like that...

costanza

costanza

View attachment 1323006

View attachment 1323005

View attachment 1323008View attachment 1323007

These look fantastic, I've never had the balls to run more than 8 at a time this is my goal to germinate a full pack of 15 and go hunting. When I top I usually hit the 1st cut after the plant has 6 full nodes then take them above the 5th then wait 7 to 10 days to make the 2nd cut.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

These look fantastic, I've never had the balls to run more than 8 at a time this is my goal to germinate a full pack of 15 and go hunting. When I top I usually hit the 1st cut after the plant has 6 full nodes then take them above the 5th then wait 7 to 10 days to make the 2nd cut.
Thank you. Last time i had 20fems in that tent, which was kinda overkill for the first time 😄
I wanted to wait like 10 days too for the second cut. You got an idea why two of the clones fell/bend over ?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Wish I had more advice, but I’m no good at cloning. Though, I will be trying it this time.

If I had to guess, it’s the stems getting too moist and causing it to tilt over until the roots establish and get some strength in the base. I could be completely wrong 😆

Top Bottom