Round Two: Clone And Seeds ;)

• Thread starter mrskush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrskush

mrskush

After a disappointing but informative first grow (unknown bagseed male) I'm ready to stack my odds. I bought a Purple Kush cutting and for shits and giggles have popped two Blue Cookies seeds I found in dispensary eighth. Got a closet CFL (six cool light 5000k under clamp reflectors) soil (happy frog) set up while awaiting a T5 I ordered. Will probably keep my clamp on cfls or at least some if needed going with T5 but anyway...the plan is to re-pot into 5 gallons in few weeks with ff ocean forrest, use trio, and L.S.T. Clone Im thinking of letting go a month at least in veg. Seeds longer...started gentle bending on clone. So excited I probably rambled on and still forgot something :) smoked first haha
Pic 1 - lousy can't see whole set up shot
Pic 2 - head above ground blue cookie baby

Round two clone and seeds
Round two clone and seeds 2
420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Hey cool lil setup . Hope you are having fun with the hobby. . Lots of fun. Dispensary seed could be a female too

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

in pic number 2 whys that not open up did the seed sheel leave that skin on out side

mrskush

mrskush

I'm thinkin and hoping it's the first leaves (not true leaves but baby, baby set) and it open up soon but honestly im guessing :)

mrskush

mrskush

Almost been a week and finally both seeds babies have true leaves! Also, PK clone putting on new growth. LST is going slow and steady. Purplish stems I've read are either ok or not. Anyone have input? I mean this is a PURPLE kush clone so I've been thinking it's ok....just few newer fan leaf stems.

20161004 174000
20161004 174000
20161004 173954
20161004 173950
Ronnie V

Ronnie V

Clones can come with little critters sometimes so I would spray her down but u should have a nice female ready to give u some flowers. Just watch it for nanners all through flower.

I'd watch out for seeds that u find in a bag as they can be prone to hermie.

Good luck. I'll be watching

mrskush

mrskush

Thanks! I've read so much that now I'm swimming with too much info...what have you used to spray them? Just water or ?? I'm sure it's safest to ask then just Google :)

Ronnie V

Ronnie V

lol. I won't be mean.

There's so many choices of spray out there but my two favorite are spinosad (Monterrey bug spray) and green cleaner bug spray. Both organic, mild and cheap. But don't go spending money on stuff you don't need. Give them a good check.

mrskush

mrskush

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll keep an eye out. Don't see any creepy critters around so far!

B

Burned Haze

Good luck and always keep the preventive eye and smart mind-set ! Check out ogbiowar : best preventive and always using foliar I use and recommend :)

Dunge

Dunge

plan is to re-pot into 5 gallons in few weeks with ff ocean forrest
Should have a medium size in there. Putting a small plant into a big pot- takes up space (wasting light) and more importantly, proper watering can be problematic.

Also- I would strip that peat pot off rather than plant it.

Have fun!

mrskush

mrskush

Thanks for the tips! I did re-pot everybody because around Friday I noticed the clone looking droopy near end of light hours...thought all basic things - overwatered? Overheated? Didn't start nutrients yet. Then I picked up pot and noticed roots coming out from bottom. Same with babies but just barely with them. Used remainder or Happy Frog soil for babies and about a half pot's worth for clone. Mixed some Ocean Forrest in for clone. Added cal-mag. Watered with just plain water. I did end up putting clone in a 3 gallon, not five. Might still be a bit big but I don't think I'll see roots poking out anytime soon. Everyone seems to like new homes. I peeled off those peat pots from babies. That's why I used them, so I could just tear them away. Worked nicely :) Everyone seems happy thus far!

20161009 132127
20161008 202420
Minitiger

Minitiger

It may not be a big deal that the plants were droopy before lights off. I forget what it's called, but plants "know" when it's about to get dark and their leaves will kind of fold down, for lack of a better term, just before the sun sets, lights turn off etc. It's pretty cool, actually. Or I think it is, anyway. But I'm a nerd like that haha.

mrskush

mrskush

Here's a question for somebody...I planted clone in a three gallon on Oct. 9th. I am just starting to see a couple roots poking out of bottom drain holes. That was fast. If I replant to five gallon next will that be enough for rest of veg and flower? I mean, these roots grow quick!! Would it end up being ok if this happens again eventually (roots poking out) ? Not many and not super long...just worrying haha

Top Bottom