Running tea long term vs. Sterile

• Thread starter Juzam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Juzam

Lots and lots of posts about h202, zone, tea, ect but it seems most people add the tea when there is an issue and then cycle away from it. If the slime is coming from the water source (seems to be the most common) then it's going to come back if you aren't running the tea.

So...

Is the tea normally ran for 2-2.5 weeks to resolve the slime issue? Adding every 3 days?

What happens if you continue to run the tea? Lets say you ran veg without the tea and ran the tea for your entire flower cycle, would there be issues?

If H202, ect aren't resolving the problem why would you switch off of it and onto a solution only to discontinue the solution?

Long term concerns to running the tea continuously?

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I am not sure why people cycle back and forth. I didn't use it, got slimed, used it and it cured it up..then went back to sterile... Got it again, this time a little worse. So I am going back to it again.​
For me, I just wanted to use up my zone and h2o2. It sounds great in theory..just add the stuff in and everything works great. For allot of people it does great, but my city water is super treated and I don't have, nor am I going to get an RO unit. Out of the faucet is 18ppm.... So for whatever reason, I am going to just use the tea all the time, everytime.​
:)​

J

Juzam

We use RO and filter everything and have slime so my impression is that it isn't ever going to go away... so why switch off the tea? Seems RO and UV doesn't fix it either so tea is the only option.

I've used h202 and zone... it's impressive until they get slimed and they just seem to hit the wall. It's been an ongoing problem that we're still trying to resolve; everything is growing like mad and somewhere around week 4 or 5 in flower they just slow down like they're stunted. No deficiencies, no other changes... just slow growth during the most critical weeks. Having now seen the slime documented (more 'fuzz' on the vasilene than slime in our experience) I'm fairly certain we're moving towards isolating the issue and have tea running in a system. I'm not real stoked to run an organic in DWC, which is why I'm asking for long term issues, but at this point if it fixes the slime that's what we're concerned with.

D

DrGoodMeds

I run tea when I see the slime coming, sometimes it right when you flip and sometimes its a few weeks in flower but it seems to always pop up somewhere at some point. Once I start with the tea I usually don't stop until a couple weeks before the chop. We add about 1 L per 100 gal system every three days and with a new res every 14 days. Its a pretty low concentration but avoid the risk of putting too much in. It never seems to completely resolve the problem but it will stabilize it. I have tried almost all of the sterile products out there and it seems they all end up doing more harm than good. You should be good running the tea all thru flower.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Never ran tea, never had root issues... Was wondering, during that "stall" period, week 4-5, where is your water level set? In my first run I noticed this stall, next run, starting week 4 I dropped my water level a good inch from where it was before. By week 4 I am at the line of my epi bucket, maybe a bit lower. Week 5 I drop it again, now I'm an easy 1 1/2 in below that ridge. I stay there until Overdrive starts, I then lower again finishing off a good 2 in lower then the ridge. I have extended my float to achieve this. I have noticed this has dramatically helped with the stall. I also add Carboload starting week 4. I know people say its a no no but I do. Carboload is specifically made for that "stall" that all plant naturally go through at that time.. I was just wondering if those with slime later on in the grow drop their water level or keep it the same..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I run tea every week in my MPB from when they are cuttings all the way through week 8 on a 9 week strain, and have very nice roots and very healthy plants.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have had a few people telling me I need to see the difference in running tea and not. Hearing you say this keeps me thinking.. Do you run the tea as a safety measure or as a benefit to your grow all the way around?

Majestic12

Majestic12

I keep a 5 gal bucket of ewc going at all times and a 5 gal of ancient forest both in their respective bubbling molasses fortified buckets.
I dip in and dump a pint of each in my res every other day ....
from veg all the way to finish...
whats so damn hard ?

No slime ,no bullshit worrying about problems...

and I dont need to worry about reading all the whining ,,,it quite frankly doesnt effect me...

Majestic12

Majestic12

It's called preventative maintenance.....

clones love it too.......

smokie

smokie

I run tea every week in my MPB from when they are cuttings all the way through week 8 on a 9 week strain, and have very nice roots and very healthy plants.

Whats the recipe for the water culture, and how much per gallon, how often? How often do you flush and refil the system?

H

hogan400

Right from the start Capulator? Problems or not, just fuckit and add tea to your system?! hahaha. Im at a point with my bacteria (Uc STD) I see no other option? Even when I get my tests back from Bakersfield, and know exactly what bacteria or pathogen it is.....Im still gonna have to have a treatment plan outside zone, h2o2, Uv, hydrofungicide, aquashield, and others I tried.

Kind of a joke to me when fairly new growers come on the forums and act like a fucking idiot and says just add Zone or etc, it worked for me. Fuck, I loaded pics of the cloudiness and spores growing in my rez with a Uv and all that other properly pretty labeled jazz....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Right from the start Capulator? Problems or not, just fuckit and add tea to your system?! hahaha. Im at a point with my bacteria (Uc STD) I see no other option? Even when I get my tests back from Bakersfield, and know exactly what bacteria or pathogen it is.....Im still gonna have to have a treatment plan outside zone, h2o2, Uv, hydrofungicide, aquashield, and others I tried.

Kind of a joke to me when fairly new growers come on the forums and act like a fucking idiot and says just add Zone or etc, it worked for me. Fuck, I loaded pics of the cloudiness and spores growing in my rez with a Uv and all that other properly pretty labeled jazz....

I use it from baby to end of term. IN every system I run. I wont go back. This is too easy for now and the plants tell me they like it. I'm about to add some in all systems today actually. Ill take a picture of my roots while Im in there and post here.

H

hogan400

Cool. Thanks Cap! Today I tried to find zho, mycogrow, ancient ewc, and failed on all of them at my local stores. So I have wiggle worm ewc, aquashield, good earth root zone. Seems these cover everything? However I just noted you mention that myco fungi are not beneficial in the Uc? Sould I just use wiggle worm ewc, ancient forest, and aquashield skipping the myco fungi?

I spent quite a bit of time reading diff recommendations and components. Seems these are the 3 main ingredients. How bout the alfalfa you mentioned? Uc happiness.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
These plants have not seen any bleach, h2o2, or any other sterilizer.. . Only tea, and nutes @1.2 EC.
P1017118
P1017122

Top Bottom