russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Morning report: Not seeing live bugs. Not seeing many dead bugs now. I think the hurricane of Ogbiowar I blew on them last night with hubs old paint sprayer might have helped with that. :D I am not announcing I have won yet but it sure is looking good. :watching:

venial

venial

ALERT ALERT! sprayed forbid / abamectin via atomizer over 8 gallons each time drenching plants 3 days apart and mite still exists, it is however a reduced population they are still there

SunGrown

SunGrown

ALERT ALERT! sprayed forbid / abamectin via atomizer over 8 gallons each time drenching plants 3 days apart and mite still exists, it is however a reduced population they are still there
here is a link to one of my short vids I took of my russets when I still had them. The video was labeled as 200x but it was actually 400x if I read my scope right

venial

venial

@SunGrown how can you tell they are dead? i see little maggot looking things some pink others white they don't appear to be dead but they moved so slow its hard to tell just ordered a 500x scope

SunGrown

SunGrown

that is an old video of when they were alive. I posted that so you could see what to look for

Mine are all gone, can not find a single one at all for the last week. Met52 is what killed all mine

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I still cant find any more on my plants either! :)
and mine are looking a lot better..just some old damage on the tips of the leaves

:eek:
You better switch it up!..use Met 52 or Caps Foliar..Nuke em..or all 3
those are super bugs now..you better get em before they get away!

SunGrown

SunGrown

well i can't spray again for 2 days I'm going floramite/pyrithum then gonna avid/forbid again then maybe try met52
so how is it in lake county this year? I heard they banned outdoor there so just curious how they are enforcing things. Also do your neighbors or others you know have issues with the bugs as well?

venial

venial

awesome ken yeah im gonna give it 3 days between treatments most of the stuff is systemic so i only gotta do it once like the flora mite, also never sprayed brand name avid just timectin

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
avid is not systemic, but yeah, its still in your leaves and flowers
..IMO there is no need to spray it again this late..
But, by all means, do what you feel you gotta do!

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Mine are all gone, can not find a single one at all for the last week. Met52 is what killed all mine

I have that on order. I started with Azamax. It was useless for this pest. Then used Nuke Em. 3 sprays and still had bugs though it did kill some. Not terribly effective for me with Russet Mites. Then switched to Ogbiowar. MUCH more effective though I cannot say yet, after 2 applications, that it is as effective as the Met52 was for @SunGrown . How many applications of Met52 did you use Sungrown?

I have sent inquiries about the predator bugs and their compatibility with the fungus sprays (OGB & Met52). Still waiting on that and then will see if it is time to bring them in. I want them to eat and then go away. I don't want to have a bunch of bugs, even the good ones, on cured bud. Will update on that as it unfolds.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

@canncrone whats ogbiowar? where did you find it?

I used the foliar pack. It is a mix of bacterial and fungal spores that infect and kill many pests and pathogens. No hazmat suit required. ;) You can find it at www.ogbiowar.com and on ebay. I LOVE how the plants love it! I mixed it using the tea recipe from the site and the girls really stood up and took notice. It is my understanding, and if I am wrong someone please chime in, that it also helps the plants take up and use nutrients more efficiently. This helps the plant defend itself. The spray has to hit the bug though so you must be thorough and spray repeatedly. But the girls do not stress at all. Quite the opposite was my experience.

Top Bottom