russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought Lake Co was coastal, not Sierra. I'm central Sierra in Amador (one who loves, and if you know some of the locals you'd be shakin' yer head sayin', "Yeah, RIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTT").
I used to use the regular old atomizer everyone uses, but I now like my harbor frieght 12 volt. I have it on wheels, and IIRC it holds 15 gallons, only have to go thru two full tanks to do this whole patch

My buddy just got a gas powered husqy backpack model! Stand back and watch the shit fly!
I like the idea of a 15gal wheeled dealio. Harbor Freight, you say?

I love the tools that make MY life easier, and that allow me to do what needs to get done.

I land on birds being one of THE main vectors, and not the migratory birds, but rather the locals. EG; scrub jays and house finches. Extremely common at many elevations throughout the state. Then we've got plants like toyon that harbor certain pests year-round, and of course all this conventional agriculture hasn't helped in the creation of superbugs, either.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I thought Lake Co was coastal, not Sierra. I'm central Sierra in Amador (one who loves, and if you know some of the locals you'd be shakin' yer head sayin', "Yeah, RIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTT").

I like the idea of a 15gal wheeled dealio. Harbor Freight, you say?

I love the tools that make MY life easier, and that allow me to do what needs to get done.

I land on birds being one of THE main vectors, and not the migratory birds, but rather the locals. EG; scrub jays and house finches. Extremely common at many elevations throughout the state. Then we've got plants like toyon that harbor certain pests year-round, and of course all this conventional agriculture hasn't helped in the creation of superbugs, either.
I put mine on wheels...I have an old firwood cart that I never use, and my tank fits perfectly on it at about waist height and there is room for the deep cycle on it also. Works out really well

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh! Well shit, here I've been sitting here searching HF for a fucking WHEELED atomizer. LMFAO!! I was thinking that maybe you got the site wrong, or I'd forgotten how to search or that both of us are fucked up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
its a spray tank with a 20' (maybe its 15') long hose. Really convenient way to spray. I used to have an atomizer but until they make one with a 20' hose I am over the foggers

here is the one sea
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-15-gallon-spot-sprayer-9583.html

Brother, I have the 26gal model (which I've learned I can't easily use on the quad STILL, because between the weight of the tank when filled completely, our slopes and me not being *quite* heavy enough (workin' on it) I end up losing traction on two wheels, and yes it's a 4x, or it feels like it's gonna tip and damn it, I've rolled enough quads as it is already, mkay? Yeah, one time out in Yucca Valley I did it so hard I thought I knocked out some of my back teeth. I rolled myself HARD on that one, oh yeah.

The tank comes with 15' of braided vinyl hose, I've added something like 50' to make sure I'm able to easily reach through all my garden areas. Love this thing. Also, because it uses a diaphragm pump and because of the nozzle configuration it's perfect for moving live teas.

SunGrown

SunGrown

well damn, it still pressurizes enough to add 50' of hose! I haven't tried simply because I thought the pressure would go way down...I have a surflo 12 volt I could throw on it if needed for better pressure, but you just gave me a project for today. Hope it works!

Be careful on the quads sea. I ride mine like a real old man mostly now. I had enough fun, uh wrecks I mean, in my life already! Funny enough, I think it hurts worse when you wreck at low speeds!

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Damn, I've learned a bunch about sprayers... I kept thinking to myself "there's gotta be a better way then these little gallon ones". Then I found atomizers and thought "man there's no
Way living tea would survive?" I'm gonna grab one of these plug in sprayers. F pumping! Except in the sack

derelict

derelict

This caught my attention. I have 4 plants. 3 are in 20 gallon smart pots, one is in the ground. The 3 in pots are showing signs of a type of mite, I have found eggs but no movement. I believe I may have found some dead spider mites or at least not moving...not positive though. The interesting thing is the one in the ground hasn't shown any stress like the others yet. Granted I have not put the scope on it yet to check for eggs. I'm wondering if there are terrestrial bugs that eat the mites off the in ground plants and pass by the potted ones.

the reason i asked that question is because potted plants are more likely to be stressed than plants in the ground. stress leads to production of ros, lowering the ability of the stressed plant to defend itself.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Oh you guys! Your paint sprayer idea is the best! I told hubby about it and he said he had one! He got it out and set it up for me. It's on it's own little dolly thingy so I can move it around. You just stick a 5 gallon bucket under it and plug it in. In pressures up and then you spray. The thing will knock the girls over if you get too close. The nozzle thing says it's 3300 psi. I can get the tops without the ladder. Woot! I am spoiled now! :cool: Not going back to ancient times of my little 2 liter extend-a-wand pump sprayer that takes me 4 friggin hours to do half of them. You have saved this old hippy woman's back and a shit ton of time! :couchpotato: Thank you!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
well damn, it still pressurizes enough to add 50' of hose! I haven't tried simply because I thought the pressure would go way down...I have a surflo 12 volt I could throw on it if needed for better pressure, but you just gave me a project for today. Hope it works!
Totally works and it's a lot easier than trying to spray from afar.
Be careful on the quads sea. I ride mine like a real old man mostly now. I had enough fun, uh wrecks I mean, in my life already! Funny enough, I think it hurts worse when you wreck at low speeds!
Yeah... yeah. Careful for sure, but we've still got these damned slopes, and, well, you know. Gravity.

venial

venial

awesome little tool looks like it would be a hassle in an outside garden however

Top Bottom