russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Just checking on you my friend! When we all come together as a community there is nothing we can't overcome! Glad to hear everything is going good for you now!
I really appreciate it! :) Yeah Man, All the good vibes and good advice make all the difference! Gotta love this place!:woot:
I will go get a photo....lol ;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Conserve SC FTW!
Yeah Buddy! :woot: Its keeping them and the worms in check!
these two were a couple of the sickest ones..
Taco leaved, missing pistols and purple calyxes
A2o2top910
Dago3tops910

still some taco leaves that wont die^^ but no bugs on em :)

Canappa

Canappa

Yeah Buddy! :woot: Its keeping them and the worms in check!
these two were a couple of the sickest ones..
Taco leaved, missing pistols and purple calyxes
View attachment 440263 View attachment 440264
still some taco leaves that wont die^^ but no bugs on em :)

Now That's what I am talking about! glad it all worked out for you! I think we better buy some stock in Dow AgroSciences
because the shit going to be selling out after this news get out,lol Just look at how many people viewed this topic 12,426:woot:. I was going out on a limb when I first recommended it to you way back then:nailbiting: hoping it would work. I am sure glad it did the stuff is great. Take care and have a Happy Harvest !

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

What is it with outdoor this year?Ive been battling the shit out of everything and now budworms,lol,fuckin A ill be glad to be back inside soon.So happy to hear your stress level down ken,one thing i learned this year is dont skip the preventative spraying,after being inside awhile you forget these things.

venial

venial

had russets, killed them mostly off with a brew of forbid x timectin and they were gone for about 3 weeks, and the infected plants are still pest free but they showed themselves on new ladies that were previously not effected and it way to late to spray anything harmful so i jumped on the band wagon last night and sprayed about 3ml per gallon of conserve sc and 3 tablespoons of a wetting agent, earth juice assist and also with about 16oz of compost tea per gallon, I'll keep everyone updated on every thing!

venial

venial

had russets, killed them mostly off with a brew of forbid x timectin and they were gone for about 3 weeks, and the infected plants are still pest free but they showed themselves on new ladies that were previously not effected and it way to late to spray anything harmful so i jumped on the band wagon last night and sprayed about 3ml per gallon of conserve sc and 3 tablespoons of a wetting agent, earth juice assist and also with about 16oz of compost tea per gallon, I'll keep everyone updated on every thing!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But now with this thread mites will become resistant to Concerver. As with all Miticids they should not be used more than twice a year. That's why you need to invest in 4 to 5 different miticids as well as using different modes of action
Not to mention that ANYONE using it outside must and should be cognizant of the issues with pollinators and the Spinosad toxins. Spray in the evening, after everything has gone to bed, please.

Bjamiam

Bjamiam

So I have an exciting update!!
I have 2 gardens and vectored russets into my 2nd garden(indoor/small outdoor) from my southern oregon outdoor. miles away but I shared plants.
Anyway- I have been spraying Og-biowar foliar and Met-52 ec on both gardens. I got a 3 day head start on my indoor/small outdoor and it had less of a infestation also. I use a nice microscope and have gotten good at finding these little devils.
after 9 days I was still finding them and took everyone's advice and have my conserve sc in the mail. for several days I have been seeing both dead ones and plenty of live ones. I was resigned to think the biowar/met 52 wasn't really going to work.
Somehow on day 10 I caught up to all their hatches and appear to have killed them all!!!
I sort of can't believe it and have been hunting for a live one. They were EASY to find on day 9 but day 10 armageddon!! can't find a single living mite!!! all dead ones!!
They are still present on the so. Ore outdoor but it's only day 7 there.
I can't believe it but the met 52 ec/bio war kills these fuckers. It takes time and I'll update on so. ore where there was a bigger infestation. might take longer and I still may use the conserve but I'm in awe and had to share.
the fungus works it just took time

HarryM

HarryM

After reading the Dowagro (the manufacturer) pdf file on Conserve, it is clear that ConserveSC is for ornamentals. There is no mention of "food-grade" or other labels that indicate it is safe for human consumption. In fact, one statement says
the Worker Protection Standard re-entry interval is only four hours. So... why would I use a toxic solution on medical cannabis? If I am creating medicine, it has to be as pure as possible. Just look at the recent rejection of licensed growers products by the Canadian government due to molds, mildew and toxins. It's a new world requiring clean product.

Canappa

Canappa

This is way I will never recommend anything to anyone ever again. There is always negative feedback, just tried to help, in the future I will keeps my thoughts to myself. sorry u guys are having such a big problem with Conserve SC it works for me and that's all that really matters! Good luck to all of you.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I don't know but what I have read on this thread is that everything the conserve sc touched it killed as far as food grade here are some pictures from the label!

20140914 130148
Canappa

Canappa

For those who dont know the facts:

One of the world’s newest and safest pesticides, spinosad, was fermented in a laboratory—from a rare soil bacterium discovered by a vacationing scientist in the soil of an abandoned Caribbean rum distillery in 1988. This combination of the natural and the high-tech won the Environmental Protection Agency’s Green Chemistry Award in 1999.

Spinosad is so safe for humans that “protective clothing” for applicators means long-sleeved shirts, pants, and shoes with socks.

Now, additional testing has found spinosad not only protects hundreds of field crops, but can also tackle such huge world insect problems as 1) protecting millions of tons of stored grain from voracious borers, moths and beetles; 2) stopping huge clouds of grasshoppers and locusts from creating Third World famines; 3) helping corn growers stop rootworms on millions of acres.

Organic farmers reject most of modern science, including biotechnology and fertilizer made with natural nitrogen taken from the air. However, organic farmers agree with high-tech farmers and the EPA on the benefits of spinosad.

Key spinosad formulations have already been organically certified, and the product was used to save California’s big organic farming industry from an invasion of Mexican fruit flies with a region-wide spray program in 2003. Without spinosad, California would have had to fight off the fruit flies with a synthetic pesticide, and many of the state’s growers would have lost their organic designations.

Spinosad is already registered for 250 crop uses in more than 70 countries. California is using spinosad on nearly a million acres of crops per year, mostly on lettuce, oranges, celery, broccoli, and spinach—at fractions of an ounce per acre.

Spinosad has a unique mode of action: overexciting the nervous systems of insects that ingest them. It doesn’t kill spiders, ladybugs, insect-predatory mites or other beneficial insects—except honeybees. It’s safe for fish and marine species. It doesn’t produce any cross-resistance with any other chemical class. It’s fully compatible with integrated pest management.

Much of the world’s massive grain stocks have been protected until now with organo-phosphate pesticides, which are not nearly as safe for grain inspectors and handlers.

Grasshoppers and locusts are among the Third World’s most severe crop risks. Populations of the insects periodically explode into massive local invasions, leaving famine in their wake. Spinosad has proven virtually as deadly to grasshoppers as malathion, though it takes a week instead of a day to kill them. Spinosad could be the preferred control on rangeland, and also help prevent the swarming insects from developing resistance to malathion.

More than a million Africans, mostly children and pregnant women, die of mosquito-borne malaria each year. Humanity had not found a new weapon against mosquito larvae in 30 years—until spinosad was tested. It works as wells as the best current pesticides, is environmentally safe, and its novel mode of action means it can be rotated with current mosquito larvacides to prevent resistance.

Spinosad may also prove to be a potent weapon for farmers on millions of acres infested with rootworms, particularly because of its favorable environmental profile. Pesticide-wary Europe is trying for accelerated spinosad corn approval, to save millions of acres of cornfields from a spreading rootworm invasion.

Organic farmers are thrilled to have a more effective pesticide than sulfur, copper sulfate, and natural Bt sprays that quickly wear off.

Dow-Agrosciences, which developed spinosad, says it has been constantly surprised at the breadth and effectiveness of the compound. It plans to test even more spinosad uses—especially where it can be used as a bait, to make use of its exceptional performance when bugs swallow it. Dow-Agrosciences and other crop protection companies are also looking actively for more spinosad-type bacteria.

For the sake of the humans fed by high-tech farming—and the wildlife protected by its high yields—let’s hope they are successful.

http://www.cgfi.org/2005/07/ultra-s...-effective-on-massive-global-insect-problems/

venial

venial

hay i appreciate all the advice ! just not sure it's effective over here gonna try another application tonight, i wasn't sure of it's effectiveness yet so I had not posted an update will in a week

Latest posts

Top Bottom