russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

Might be a dumb question...but ive been lurking this thread and thinking....

...if you have russets and there (seems to be) no way to get rid of them, only manage them...do they keep eating the nugs after harvest?

Keep up the good fight,
~Sox

sox

sox

also, am i wrong or does Conserve SC and forbid pretty much the same thing?
excuse my ignorance if im wrong, i know absolutely nothing about chemicals.

~Sox

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Might be a dumb question...but ive been lurking this thread and thinking....

...if you have russets and there (seems to be) no way to get rid of them, only manage them...do they keep eating the nugs after harvest?

Keep up the good fight,
~Sox
I'm not sure if the mite keep eating after harvest but I don't think mite infested buds would be worth harvesting
also, am i wrong or does Conserve SC and forbid pretty much the same thing?
excuse my ignorance if im wrong, i know absolutely nothing about chemicals.

~Sox
Nope not the same

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Well I feel I have had good luck knocking these buggers back. I have used an extreme rotation of products and despite the conflicting results spent the 140$ on Conserve SC today. I rather use everything that might work then to deal with these insane buggers (I have been growing for almost 25 years and never heard of a Russet mite before this year, is our government creating these things or what?????) . I was able to knock back the population from insane to very minimal buy using a rotation of Floramite, Avid , Forbid, Neem and OG biowar. I knocked them back enough that I thought I had eradicated them until the end of this past flower cycle when I saw a resurgence in the last two weeks. I chose to not spray anything due to being so close to harvest. I will burn all plant material from this harvest and keep up with my battle on the vegetative plants (which are showing ZERO sign of infestation)... I think constant vigilance and rotation of whatever you are using (organic or otherwise) helps a bunch. These may not be able to be totally wiped out but I think we can keep them in check if we continue to spray every three days in veg and up to week four in budding. I wish I would have been more vigilant with the clones I brought in from A2 genetics (which was the source of my russet mites and I am sure they have spread them all over Michigan... they need to be shut down!)... but hindsight is 20/20 and does me no good now. I am wondering if anyone has tried the route of rosemary, mint oils? They seem to be effective on everything from yellow jackets to mice, and have heard they can be effective on these type of insects... anywho , thanks for all the great information and I have ALL of us in my prayers and meditations. Hopefully the power of OM will send these little bastards running for friendly pastures....
Good post Andy..I agree..and the manufacturers of conserve and avid both say to use other products in conjunction with their product..
No one should rely on one product.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is The Apples 2 Oranges plant i have been showing here was getting better,
now the calyxes are starting to turn purple.
I hope thats not from mites!
A2o2closeup916

yeah, the mites cut down on the frost a bit too i think
ah well Ill smoke it.. :) smell awesome like Jillybean

A2ocloseagain916
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

I have also been testing several rooting boosters and I will post back with no BS results. I like running ogbiowar Root & Nute packs with my Root Boosters. So far Super Thrive has beat everything except for the Old Roots Excel formula. The only problem with Super Thrive is that it should not be used in flower. Another tip, if you use a root innoculant like Great White or OGbiowar, you dont need to use a root enzyme like hygrozyme. The microbes make their own enzymes to break down decaying roots.

Can you tell me a little more about why the Super Thrive is not to be used in flower? I know a grower who is still using it and plans to up to harvest. :wtf: I have not used it before except for eons ago on houseplants so am truly ignorant about its use on cannabis. Thanks!

Edit: He is using it on an outdoor grow.

Last edited:
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Update: As you know if you've been reading this thread, we have two gardens going. One mine, one hubby's. We have been using OGBiowar, met52, and now Conserve SC on russets. In my garden the OGB is my favorite and has solved the problem. I used the Met52 twice and do not like it. It works, but I don't like the black oil that sits on top and then gets sucked up in the sprayer at the end and leaves deposits of black spots on the plants. After consistent use of the OGB I cannot find any more live bugs and very few dead ones on my plants. Because of this, I have not yet used the Conserve on my garden. Hubs garden is another story. The only thing I can come up with is that his plants must have had a more severe infestation than mine and the OGB was simply not enough to get ahead of them. We sprayed the same intervals and the OGB did kill a lot of bugs but I still saw live bugs under the scope from his plants. He then used the Conserve to get a better handle on them and it seems to have finished them off. The most recent samples from his grow show only dead bugs. So as many peeps have already said, it seems often times a multi-pronged approach is needed. Again, I do not know what the difference was in the two gardens and why one thing worked so well in mine and not in his. But there you have it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Update: As you know if you've been reading this thread, we have two gardens going. One mine, one hubby's. We have been using OGBiowar, met52, and now Conserve SC on russets. In my garden the OGB is my favorite and has solved the problem. I used the Met52 twice and do not like it. It works, but I don't like the black oil that sits on top and then gets sucked up in the sprayer at the end and leaves deposits of black spots on the plants. After consistent use of the OGB I cannot find any more live bugs and very few dead ones on my plants. Because of this, I have not yet used the Conserve on my garden. Hubs garden is another story. The only thing I can come up with is that his plants must have had a more severe infestation than mine and the OGB was simply not enough to get ahead of them. We sprayed the same intervals and the OGB did kill a lot of bugs but I still saw live bugs under the scope from his plants. He then used the Conserve to get a better handle on them and it seems to have finished them off. The most recent samples from his grow show only dead bugs. So as many peeps have already said, it seems often times a multi-pronged approach is needed. Again, I do not know what the difference was in the two gardens and why one thing worked so well in mine and not in his. But there you have it.
Great update and observations. Much appreciated.

@caregiverken I don't know how you can tell your ladies suffered in the frost department. JUST SAYIN'! :p

Top Bottom