russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

@CannaCrone it kills just about all insects that eat so if you are worried about the beneficial bugs then you might not want to use this product but if you don't want any plant chlorophyll sucking bugs then the conserve SC is exactly what you need!

Thanks! The label says it does not have a "significant impact" on them. I take that to mean it kills some but not all? I'm okay with losing some in order to eradicate the russets. Just don't want to kill off the whole army. ;) But then again, I will do it if it means getting these bastards gone! I can re-establish the bennies if need be. I have at least three that they list as being okay. Lacewings, pirate bugs, predator mites. Have you observed a large kill off of the bennies? As I mentioned before, I also keep bees here so I do most spraying after they are in the hives for the evening. Do you know about the residual effect? Thanks for your info on this. Much appreciated. So glad to see we are all getting ahead of this critter in our various ways.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I grow indoors so I don't want any bug's! Now as far bennies I grow with organic tea brews an my plant's all come out perfect, so I'm assuming that it no impact on microbes in your soil @CannaCrone

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Alot of outdoor growers here in the valley are having bad brake outs with the russet mites and are buying avid and forbid like its going out of style.

venial

venial

today the conserve came, i was told 2.5ml per gallon of water which i plan to use in conjunction with earth juice assist wetting agent and apply via an atomizer, I'm gonna wakeup tomorrow and do it early in the am cause it stays up to 87 degree's here when the sun goes down and i want to follow everyones advice about the 85 and lower where as it doesn't reach the 80s here until noon. any thoughts and/or advice from anyone with their two cents? hope this stuff works, sure wasn't cheap

N

norcalmike

today the conserve came, i was told 2.5ml per gallon of water which i plan to use in conjunction with earth juice assist wetting agent and apply via an atomizer, I'm gonna wakeup tomorrow and do it early in the am cause it stays up to 87 degree's here when the sun goes down and i want to follow everyones advice about the 85 and lower where as it doesn't reach the 80s here until noon. any thoughts and/or advice from anyone with their two cents? hope this stuff works, sure wasn't cheap
it doesn't get below 90 here lately til well after dark ,, I sprayed right after sundown anyways without any issues. Expensive but should go a long way.. It def kills the russets but they are so small that you will never kill them all and they will just come back. IMO good organic cali outdoor is already a thing of the past

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

You will always keep the conserve SC around @venial just be sure to read the instructions so you understand It can take more the one treatment to wipe out a infestation this stuff has been a life saver for my friends and I! sending positive your way! P.S I know the initial investment is a lot but the products work and goes a long way!

N

nightmarecreature

it doesn't get below 90 here lately til well after dark ,, I sprayed right after sundown anyways without any issues. Expensive but should go a long way.. It def kills the russets but they are so small that you will never kill them all and they will just come back. IMO good organic cali outdoor is already a thing of the past

Keep up the treatments. They will go away, as long as they are not coming from other untreated plants. If you keep spraying and get good coverage, they will die. it kills them on contact and if they try and suck on the plants, that will kill them too. Just hit them heavy and often and then you won't have to spray as much. Make sure not to forget the wetting agent.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Its been hot here too.
I sprayed the Conserve again this morning (was cloudy and cool)
My plants look good..But im going to keep spraying every few days anyway.
Sourflinstones97

Sour Flintstones by Aligee custom seed maker :)

N

norcalmike

Keep up the treatments. They will go away, as long as they are not coming from other untreated plants. If you keep spraying and get good coverage, they will die. it kills them on contact and if they try and suck on the plants, that will kill them too. Just hit them heavy and often and then you won't have to spray as much. Make sure not to forget the wetting agent.
I think im just too far along in flower,, they are hiding deep inside buds where I cant get them with the sprayer,,, I wish I bought it a month earlier, still hopeful for an alright harvest

N

norcalmike

Last season I had russet mites on a few plants ,, one spray with garlic barrier and they were gone, until this season i couldn't find a one,, I sprayed regularly with garlic barrier and I still got outbreak,, I cant figure out what happened last year

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

All I know since I have been using conserve SC I have not had one bug in my garden it even killed black ants eating my maple tree out side I know the stuff is costly but it works I use it as a soil drench an foiler spray the bugs start looking like they are having a hart attack!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
How has everything been working for you @caregiverken hopefully all is well an you are killing all these little evil bug's!
Everything seems pretty good..But like @norcalmike said, Those suckers are tiny and could come back
I soak these buds with Conserve..Id be spraying monterey anyway
Stw397

You are right, I will always have some Conserve sc around from now on :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom