russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
well I got them on the ladies not bad at all, I just caught it too late to do anything but pray.
View attachment 446089

View attachment 446090
this lady has a month left still maybe do something organic.
Those look great! You gotta do something to slow the mites down at least
the russets seem to attack the lower larf 1st
(i didnt want that anyway) But they are everywhere no doubt.
I have a few that need a few weeks to finsh also,
Im going to get some Caps Bio war foliar tomorrow when i get paid (1st)

Last edited:
Circle B

Circle B

so I don't want to scare anyone, and I don't know if its true. But the guy at the store today said he read something recently that said 91% of farms in California have it and don't know it. Im gonna treat my veg room with diotomacious earth and bronners tonight. I really don't want to spray the big girls, but if I have to it wont be that mix.

Circle B

Circle B

I choose this because they cant build up immunity to it. the dusting may not have been needed (there are no rules in war), however the spray seems to work great it well kill everything (I sprayed a moth while I was in there, it died instantly with the mites). I thinking rinse in 24 hours do this every 4 to 5 days (just the spray) and clean, bleach, bomb, repeat, repeat over and over again till I can possibly get a winter crop ready.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I choose this because they cant build up immunity to it. the dusting may not have been needed (there are no rules in war), however the spray seems to work great it well kill everything (I sprayed a moth while I was in there, it died instantly with the mites). I thinking rinse in 24 hours do this every 4 to 5 days (just the spray) and clean, bleach, bomb, repeat, repeat over and over again till I can possibly get a winter crop ready.
I did not know you could mix DE with water and spray it! And its killing em? Awesome!
Thanks for posting..Do keep us updated..
My wife scoped a bunch of (7 days) dry buds last night..before I put it in a bucket.
she didn't find any thing moving..
I smoked some...Taste fine for no cure..Great happy buzz :)

K

kolah

I'm treating my mothers, got to keep my genetics (they are infested)

(I am not recommending this for anyone else to try)

40 mil dr. Bronners unsented
6 heaping Tbsp. diatomaceous earth
gal of water
then I dusted them with diatomaceous earth

ill keep you posted and post pics
if I can eradicate them from my genetics and help someone else save there genes it would be worth documenting here.

I will probably use the above (with a few herbal additives) as a preventative spray for next year. Also more companion plants like garlic and onions in my beds and some natural predators in the greenhouse.

And the idea of creating a NATURAL METHOD to produce a mite-proof strain is cool.

Circle B

Circle B

sorry about the mess up quoting you ken, still getting the hang of the site features.

Day 2 of the war

I bleached entire veg house
washed off the mothers with water
and watered the DE into the soil (can't hurt it only help)
they look ok

sorry I didn't take pic before I started (I was trying to stay out of there amap)
but I well take picks of recovery.
im gonna do this every 4-5 days until well past harvest is over.

N

norcalmike

@Circle B
I am scopeing dry buds and trying to answer that question.
I scoped some that were hanging for 4 days and found a few still wiggling..
but most wernt moving anymore
and this morning, I scoped some fully dry jarred buds.(10 days from cut)
I cant find many bodies on em..and no movement.
I will keep looking and reporting..It seems like some one would already have done that
but I cant find any thing about it.
the damage doesn't seem to worsen while drying
Im thinking the mites dry up and fall off just like the leaves..
and thats what im seeing so far.
im not seeing anything on the dried buds either

AcidSourDank

AcidSourDank

Ken, I really appreciate your recommendation and picture of the paint sprayer. I got a similar model and it has made a huge difference. But here's the thing- I do most of my spraying with the nozzle reversed because it puts more solution on the leaves/buds that I'm targeting. Using the nozzle in the normal direction does a really good job of fogging the plant and it puts a very fine layer of moisture on the canopy but it's not the most efficient way to fully spray to the point of some runoff. I usually try to hit the plant everywhere with the nozzle reversed and then I go around and fog it with the nozzle in the normal direction just to get any nooks and crannies that I might have missed. I just wanted to mention this to you because I am really surprised that the Conserve didn't work out better for you. The only thing I could imagine is that you weren't applying enough material. I'm using about a gallon per plant (more for bigger ones, less for smaller ones) and that's at 6 ml/gal. This immediately made my girls look much happier and lasted about a week before another spray was needed- way better than the duration for nasty forbid and avid sprays.

Circle B: Are you using food grade DE or pool filter DE? Food grade is the one that's supposed to be more effective and it also doesn't have the potential to cause asbestos-type lung damage because it doesn't have silica like the pool filter DE. Breathing pool filter DE is no bueno.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Well I'm glad you got the ratio right for out side with the conserve sc @AcidSourDank I swear by this product, but indoors I use much less!

Circle B

Circle B

asd I am using food grade, I forgot to mention that. probably should have. I wouldn't spray it on flowers either. I would hope that no one want's to breathe that stuff and recommend to protect yourself.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken, I really appreciate your recommendation and picture of the paint sprayer. I got a similar model and it has made a huge difference. But here's the thing- I do most of my spraying with the nozzle reversed because it puts more solution on the leaves/buds that I'm targeting. Using the nozzle in the normal direction does a really good job of fogging the plant and it puts a very fine layer of moisture on the canopy but it's not the most efficient way to fully spray to the point of some runoff. I usually try to hit the plant everywhere with the nozzle reversed and then I go around and fog it with the nozzle in the normal direction just to get any nooks and crannies that I might have missed. I just wanted to mention this to you because I am really surprised that the Conserve didn't work out better for you. The only thing I could imagine is that you weren't applying enough material. I'm using about a gallon per plant (more for bigger ones, less for smaller ones) and that's at 6 ml/gal. This immediately made my girls look much happier and lasted about a week before another spray was needed- way better than the duration for nasty forbid and avid sprays.
I think you might be right..I may have not be spraying enough of it.
I had tryed the nozzle turned the other way..but wasnt useing it like that.
Thanks for the tips! Im going to hit em hard in the morning now!

Circle B

Circle B

I thought the spray worked great. I probably wont dust them again. (didn't like it that much) That thing looks good for dusting though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I lost a lot of lower buds to the mites (pounds)
This big orange dago had mites bad..I showed it before here
But these lowers some how made it ..
You can see the "Tacoed" leaves
Dago3lowers

They can have the leaves
The purple leaves are from the cooler night and gentics :)

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

For fighting mites it looks like your still gonna have a nice harvest, did you up you dose of the conserve sc?

Top Bottom