russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAT

DAT

gutted for ya CGK. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.try not to worry too much,everything will be alright.
peace
DAT

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Damn Ken sorry to here about the bugs just want to give you a link to something that smokes those fuckers and does not have a long residual we saved some steller genetics and it does work on russets and broad mites hope this helps and good luck if you do decide to use this mix with methalated seed oil or stylet oil as a adjucvant

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:hungover:

Thanks for your reply's and support everyone!
I bought an good airless paint sprayer last night at lowes and sprayed aspirin and a little sm90 this mornin
and im going to water with asprin also as soon its melted
I cant get my hands on avid for a few days
I have some Azamax..I think im going to start with that this evening

But yeah..I think im going to have to go with Avid..:meh:
and then harvest late (if there is one)
and yeah..i wont let anyone eat this weed
Its only for smoking..if there is any

I was sent a link to this thread and im going to do what The OP in it suggests
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246324&page=3
Thanks again for the support!

i will keep yall updated
Try a fungus treatment with sulfur, first. Why? Because, years ago on another forum I read a cat's post about how he and his brothers in the midwest had been dealing with this "rust" fungus for years. They never scoped it, just assumed it was rust and treated it that way. The treatments were effective. Foliar application, not sulfur vaporizer.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Try a fungus treatment with sulfur, first. Why? Because, years ago on another forum I read a cat's post about how he and his brothers in the midwest had been dealing with this "rust" fungus for years. They never scoped it, just assumed it was rust and treated it that way. The treatments were effective. Foliar application, not sulfur vaporizer.

Indoors sulfur burners definitely work. I know multiple people indoors who have treated them effectively this way. Either way, sulfur works. IME, they aren't hard to beat when treated properly. However, it looks like some damage has already been done. Go get em'!

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I agree man. that is 100% russet mites
Its hard from your pics for me to say for sure, could you take a pic of the rust/brown "soot" on the tops of the leaves and the conjunction point where the fingers of the leaves meet the base of the water leaf stem. I can already see the "burning/dying" off look of some of your bud sites which is also a very good sign of those fuckers.
Thanks for the reply Loompa! I looked for the "soot" and couldn't find any except on this really bad light dep. You can see all the various damage the do in this pic.
FDwithrussets730

I thought in was nute burn..and I was flushing..and it was getting better I thought.
Then I saw it on the big plants..and started to wonder wtf :depressed:

Ken what's the update? Did you spray wit da azamaxes?
Yes I sprayed the Azamax..with a little sm90 in it too (coriander oil)
All the plants are praying. And they look a little bit better already..
They like the aspirin
Dago3730

Sea; do you think i could foliar the sulfur in between azamax apps?
I want to keep spraying!!
and what about the jms stylet oil? Can I spray that in between the azamax apps ? I would like to try to smother some of them.
But would the oil get in the way of the azamax?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JMS is used as an adjuvant for tank mixing as well as a 'cide' for treating, so it could be used along with the Azamax IF it's not contraindicated by the Azamax (they may already have an adjuvant in there). IIRC, it's not listed to treat stuff like russet mites, but if it's listed to treat PM and spider mites, why not? Probably wouldn't hurt.

You might also be able to foliar the sulfur along with the Azamax. That's gotta be getting expensive, to be using Azamax all the time on all the plants. You are treating all plants, yes?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot that I was thinking about Ken's pH issue. I've got a fairly easy and simple resolution for that, for now at least.

Peat+big-ass trash can (or stock watering trough, whatever). Pack some peat into something permeable, drop it into a LARGE container of the well water, better if there's some aeration or movement through the peat. Et voila, naturally softened and "pH'd" water. You may need to add back some of the well water to it, but at 9.47 I'm thinkin' not.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
JMS is used as an adjuvant for tank mixing as well as a 'cide' for treating, so it could be used along with the Azamax IF it's not contraindicated by the Azamax (they may already have an adjuvant in there). IIRC, it's not listed to treat stuff like russet mites, but if it's listed to treat PM and spider mites, why not? Probably wouldn't hurt.

You might also be able to foliar the sulfur along with the Azamax. That's gotta be getting expensive, to be using Azamax all the time on all the plants. You are treating all plants, yes?
Great answer Thanks Sea, that's very good to know. Yes Im treating them all.
Im sure my cats spread them everywhere.
Careful how much dif oils you use all at once or you will suffocate the plants to.did you sort out your water issue or check your meter yet? Sorry if I missed that but I would guess the heat and high ph would contribute alot to the taco leaf.
Yes..I meant to post about that.
I cleaned and soaked the ph probe. then calibrated it.
It was off..Now, it says my water is 8.0 and that makes more sense.

It blows my mind how these plants can pray like nothings wrong
but when you look closer you see it..
Here is the Dago#1 this (cloudy) morning
Dago1on730

(its better already I swear!) (less purple)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You Guys,
I have a shit load of different kinds of Predatory bugs thriving in my garden...
dozens of different spiders, Praying mantis of all sizes..ladybugs, Pirate bugs, Lacewings galore
several kinds of Wasps..and more...They were thriving on these russets!

are they all going to die now? :(

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That's not quite what aspirin does.

Sea You have used Asprin? Yes?
I like what it did for them..I sprayed and soil drenched with it.
How often can I safely give it to them?

SunGrown

SunGrown

You Guys,
I have a shit load of different kinds of Predatory bugs thriving in my garden...
dozens of different spiders, Praying mantis of all sizes..ladybugs, Pirate bugs, Lacewings galore
several kinds of Wasps..and more...They were thriving on these russets!

are they all going to die now? :(
some will some wont die. Even when I have used avid in the past I still had mantis, ladybugs and lacewings...spiders too, so I doubt you will kill off entire populations

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

the cats keep the mice and gophers away though..
I had rodents (and snakes) bad, before i got the cats )
Shave them or get hairless cats but don't kill yourself over not preventing everything so much can happen I mean birds probly carry around russet mites hell the wind probly blows that shit around basically keep those plants super healthy is best preventive measures ....looks like you have a fighting chance which is great thanks for keeping us posted

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I will tell you that the only people who salvaged their gardens were the ones who used Avid in conjunction with the eggicide stuff that kills eggs, and they all used those atomizer sprayers where you could mist and cover every square millimeter of the plant..

Thats^^^ Gives me hope right there..
where do I get this eggiside that they used?

Top Bottom