russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nope I said fuck it a long time ago, I drink tap eat the cheapest grocery meat and produce and and bath in 50/50 hydrogenated oil high corn fructose syrup, and moisturize with aspartame .... I am a hypocrite that tries not too impose all my standards on others Avid is a line I won't cross and one standard that I will impose
yeah thats what I thought :confused:

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
If you plan on having more children I would read their label again and read what avid is forced to advise....
I wonder why i don't find it at the shelf in stores if your "lucky" they might walk you to the back behind secret door and under the table where you can pay cash for a sample after signing a waiver....
One of many red flags on label says specifically do not use in neighborhoods....
My bad @loompa for implying your approval of AVID and for assuming that you've approved of it a second time for the man trying to put food on the table ....
Philosophically speaking you are what you eat,,,,
Literally I lose a ton of respect of any farmer using Avid
@loompa have you knowingly sold flowers or seed from a plant treated with avid at anytime in it's life even in veg?

I'll be straight up. Yes I have. But again, let me say, All crops are tested and if used properly it is safe. It is not a chemical. It is Organic. The plant will metabolize the bi-product in a months time and will be completely gone with no traces of it left in the flower if used properly. Im not saying I like it either, Im just saying that used properly it can be safe. It comes to the individual grower to ensure he/she uses it properly. But read the scientific papers about Avid and you will see it can be used safely. Personally...Id rather spray Avid where the plant can metabolize it and get it out of its system, instead of spraying Sulfur whoich will leave sulfur on all your flowers and that DOES NOT break down, and then you have buds that taste like sulfur. You think that is safer then using something organic that the plant can metabolize and used properly is safe for consumption and leaving no residue at all on your flowers. And when you use sulfur burners indoors, you need to use a mask also. Sulfur pellets has just been regulated in California also, just because one particular state buts controls on a pesticide, that makes it bad? What about the states where it is still legal? Ultimately it is up to the grower to use it properly. And again, let me say...Avid is a form of Pennicilin. It is the organic waste product of bacterium and humans consume forms of pennicilin. And it does break down, I know this for a fact because I have done extensive testing myself, but spraying samples and then taking them to be tested myself. If tested, and no amount of Avid is found at all, is it bad? I dont know, I can't debate the morality of it, Im just saying the way it is. If your a farmer and this is your livelihood, the whole debate gets very muddled. But people seem to think it is a chemical, and it is not a chemical! It is bio-warfare. and when it comes to heavy russet mite infestations, no amount of anything is going to work. Do you wanna smoke dead mites? Or spray Avid before buds form and take care of your "Borg" problem and then let the buds grow and it is safe. Or you can just keep spraying every other chemical known to man and keep spraying till the day you harvest and that is supposed to be better? But with Russet mites, they will eat all your flowering tips and destroy your whole plant, you will not harvest any bud that is smokeable. It is a very muddled and murky waters about the debate on Avid. But if you can produce buds that test out having no Avid at all in the final product is it still contaminated? Just posing the moral dilemna. For me, If I can spray before buds start forming so no residue is on the actual flower(Unlike any other control) and used early enough that it is completely gone from the final product......and then you can still put food on the table and pay car payments and mortgages.........very muddy waters indeed.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'll be straight up. Yes I have. But again, let me say, All crops are tested and if used properly it is safe. It is not a chemical. It is Organic. The plant will metabolize the bi-product in a months time and will be completely gone with no traces of it left in the flower if used properly. Im not saying I like it either, Im just saying that used properly it can be safe. It comes to the individual grower to ensure he/she uses it properly. But read the scientific papers about Avid and you will see it can be used safely. Personally...Id rather spray Avid where the plant can metabolize it and get it out of its system, instead of spraying Sulfur whoich will leave sulfur on all your flowers and that DOES NOT break down, and then you have buds that taste like sulfur. You think that is safer then using something organic that the plant can metabolize and used properly is safe for consumption and leaving no residue at all on your flowers. And when you use sulfur burners indoors, you need to use a mask also. Sulfur pellets has just been regulated in California also, just because one particular state buts controls on a pesticide, that makes it bad? What about the states where it is still legal? Ultimately it is up to the grower to use it properly. And again, let me say...Avid is a form of Pennicilin. It is the organic waste product of bacterium and humans consume forms of pennicilin. And it does break down, I know this for a fact because I have done extensive testing myself, but spraying samples and then taking them to be tested myself. If tested, and no amount of Avid is found at all, is it bad? I dont know, I can't debate the morality of it, Im just saying the way it is. If your a farmer and this is your livelihood, the whole debate gets very muddled. But people seem to think it is a chemical, and it is not a chemical! It is bio-warfare. and when it comes to heavy russet mite infestations, no amount of anything is going to work. Do you wanna smoke dead mites? Or spray Avid before buds form and take care of your "Borg" problem and then let the buds grow and it is safe. Or you can just keep spraying every other chemical known to man and keep spraying till the day you harvest and that is supposed to be better? But with Russet mites, they will eat all your flowering tips and destroy your whole plant, you will not harvest any bud that is smokeable. It is a very muddled and murky waters about the debate on Avid. But if you can produce buds that test out having no Avid at all in the final product is it still contaminated? Just posing the moral dilemna. For me, If I can spray before buds start forming so no residue is on the actual flower(Unlike any other control) and used early enough that it is completely gone from the final product......and then you can still put food on the table and pay car payments and mortgages.........very muddy waters indeed.
Another great post! Thanks Again for taking the time to reply Loompa!
Your easing my mind alot

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Dude? are you kidding..
You drink Floride water
You eat food with aspartame ?
Really? and then you want to tell me what to spray on my plants?
Please stop
I also stated i am a hypocrite that chooses not to impose all my standards but avid is a line I won't cross period

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

When it comes 2 WAR there r no rules.... I go hard even if it endangers my self.... I am at the front line of defense. .. I wouldnt fuck around... I play by different rules..... no games will b played I will bust out the biggest guns I can get my hands on... that means I use AVID!! I say use it now>>>> quick fast in a hurry...... I got the death if u need it...

Any new cut I received always gets heavily hit with AVID so the 1st batch prolly gots AVID on it.... ive never suited up when I spray ether... I even ate lunch after I sprayed them.. I chilled with them well drying.. sometimes no gloves.... when its WAR time I got no time 2 fuck around>>>> my plants r fully depending on me & im not gunna let them down.... my plants mean everything 2 me & I protect them like my kids.... but I dont vend my buds.. I smoke them 2 the dome.. some homies get 2 try them but usually not my new strain thats usually not ready 2 show off yet...>>>> not cuz of AVID but bcuz its not dialed yet.. me & my dogs in Fresno prolly get exposed 2 way worse shit from all the food being grown rite next 2 us.. with billions on the line im sure the real farmers DONT FUCK AROUND ETHER!! people depend on crops so crazy things get done... I protect my 2 pounds of dank with my life... juss think what u would do if millions were on the line... im sure every fruit or veggie has been hit with way worse..

Handle ur bidness doggie>>>> dont let them punk ass lil bugs take u out.. do what u got 2 do... u got more then 60 days on the big 1's

The fully flowering plants I would chop down.... I will only use AVID if I got at least 60 days 2 go away..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

For what it's worth I came from a trailer park and may return because of my philosophical moral beliefs and I personally don't feel hesitant in expressing my opinion online or in person especially when it comes to harming oneself or others no hard feeling ken I got tough love for you but I would be pissed maybe even peacefully protest your crop if you use Avid

I was a smoker (pot) before I grew and definitely before I started sharing my grows and I'll die a smoker!

Grow your own!
I would only share what I'm willing to consume myself

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Handle ur bidness doggie>>>> dont let them punk ass lil bugs take u out.. do what u got 2 do... u got more then 60 days on the big 1's

The fully flowering plants I would chop down.... I will only use AVID if I got at least 60 days 2 go away..
:) You crack me up Goo!
Yeah Im not spraying avid on the light dep plants..they are 30 days in.
I did spray them with aspirin and SM90 (coriander oil)
So yeah...I may need to get rid of those..
I wont spray avid on em thats for sure

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

I thought avid was only used on ornamental plants ? not fruit ect .... :bookworm:

Avid contains abamectin as its active ingredient and is in the glycoside class of chemistry listed in the MOA Group 6. Abamectin is a GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) agonist that results in the blocking of insects' nerve signals. The pests stop feeding, become paralyzed, and eventually die. Through translaminar activity, Avid actually penetrates the plant tissue and forms a reservoir of active ingredient inside the leaf cuticle. This reservoir protects the plant against pests that feed on foliage.

Last edited:
UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Any new cut I received always gets heavily hit with AVID so the 1st batch prolly gots AVID on it.... ive never suited up when I spray ether... I even ate lunch after I sprayed them.. I chilled with them well drying.. sometimes no gloves.... when its WAR time I got no time 2 fuck around>>>>

Lol, goo u crazy.!! I understand sometimes there might be a need to use dangerous products like Avid but this ^^^definitely is not the right way to do it.. I suggest people read and follow all safety requirements outlined by the manufacturer. Some newbs might see your post and think if Goo is doing it this way it must be OK.. And it's not!

Ken, hope u beat these fuckers....

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lol, goo u crazy.!! I understand sometimes there might be a need to use dangerous products like Avid but this ^^^definitely is not the right way to do it.. I suggest people read and follow all safety requirements outlined by the manufacturer. Some newbs might see your post and think if Goo is doing it this way it must be OK.. And it's not!

Ken, hope u beat these fuckers....
VERY FUCKIN TRUE!!!!!

NEVER!!! NEVER!!! EVER!! do it my way!!

Im not sayin spray it maniac like I did... but my dumb ass did do that a few times b4 the homies told me 2 suit up... I was juss sayin ive did it like that.... every time ive gottin a bottle it never had a lable>>>> most people in Cali prolly got it with out a lable..LOL

SpiderK

SpiderK

Toxicity of Pesticides

The commonly used term to describe acute toxicity is LD50 . LD means Lethal Dose (deadly amount) and the subscript 50 means that the dose was acutely lethal for 50 percent of the animals to whom the chemical was administered under controlled laboratory conditions.

Toxicity is usually divided into 2 types, acute or chronic, Since LD50 values are measured from zero up, the lower the LD50 the more acutely toxic the pesticide. Therefore, a pesticide with an oral LD50 of 500 would be much less toxic than a pesticide with an LD50 of 5.

Highly Toxic Oral ( o-50 ) Dermal ( 0-200 )

Moderately Toxic Oral ( 50 - 500 ) Dermal ( 200 - 2,000 )

----

Avid Oral ( 650 ) Dermal ( 2,000 )

http://dasnr22.dasnr.okstate.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Version-11545/EPP-7457web.pdf

SpiderK

SpiderK

What is it people dont like about avid, what is supposed to be so bad about it?

they do not allow it on edibles .... From above article oklahoma state u ....

Extensive residue trials are conducted to determine levels of the pesticide that will remain in or on growing crops after treatment with the pesticide. These trials lead to the establishment of a tolerance for residues of the chemical on food commodities. A tolerance is the maximum allowable amount of the pesticide permitted in or on a specific food commodity at harvest. Use directions for a pesticide are written to assure that residues in food commodities are below the tolerance. The tolerance is set low enough to ensure that even if someone ate only food items with residues of a given pesticide at the tolerance limit, there would still be a safety factor of at least 100 when compared to a level causing no observable effects in laboratory animals. of the general public to pesticides in foods.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

When it comes 2 WAR there r no rules.... I go hard even if it endangers my self.... I am at the front line of defense. .. I wouldnt fuck around... I play by different rules..... no games will b played I will bust out the biggest guns I can get my hands on... that means I use AVID!! I say use it now>>>> quick fast in a hurry...... I got the death if u need it...

Any new cut I received always gets heavily hit with AVID so the 1st batch prolly gots AVID on it.... ive never suited up when I spray ether... I even ate lunch after I sprayed them.. I chilled with them well drying.. sometimes no gloves.... when its WAR time I got no time 2 fuck around>>>> my plants r fully depending on me & im not gunna let them down.... my plants mean everything 2 me & I protect them like my kids.... but I dont vend my buds.. I smoke them 2 the dome.. some homies get 2 try them but usually not my new strain thats usually not ready 2 show off yet...>>>> not cuz of AVID but bcuz its not dialed yet.. me & my dogs in Fresno prolly get exposed 2 way worse shit from all the food being grown rite next 2 us.. with billions on the line im sure the real farmers DONT FUCK AROUND ETHER!! people depend on crops so crazy things get done... I protect my 2 pounds of dank with my life... juss think what u would do if millions were on the line... im sure every fruit or veggie has been hit with way worse..

100% in agreement.

Hey ken I say do what you can while you can. If I had what you have at stake I would do what's needed. Though I don't know you I've read enough of your posts that I would feel confident that if you say you will have it tested that's what you will do. I hope you can beat these back enough to get to harvest.

K

kolah

It's my strong opinion if one chooses to use harmful or potentially harmful chemicals on MJ that it should be revealed to the consumers/buyers.

I guess where the big problem lies is that what one person thinks is safe... another person thinks it's harmful.

And OTOH some consumers don't give a shit and would smoke bud dipped in Round-up right after harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom