russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My biggest worry are superbugs ...I hope you give alternating suggestions a chance before avid...if mites survive everything thus far and avid aswell thats formula fir superbugs and I think that's why people have suggested fire

SunGrown

SunGrown

permethrin kills eggs, but is also toxic to honeybees, but you can find it at home depot in a concentrate sold for flea and mosquito control

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

@Seamaiden

So u think it's o.k. to use Avid even with flowering having started .... ? With calyx developing just starting ???
Avid should be banned .....jthis may start an argument but all I'm saying is read the label I prefer fire over avid possibly bugs over avid ....we need studies of inhaling pot that's been treated with avid maybe that would convince people not to use....I wouldnt even put it in my compost pile sorry ken
No disrespect and I wish you all the postive vibes possible

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@Seamaiden

So u think it's o.k. to use Avid even with flowering having started .... ? With calyx developing just starting ???
Of course she doesn't..no one does..
I dont like to spray anything on my plants except water :(
Im all organic
Thats why I started with Axamax and am going to try oils and sulfur foliars

But, I do have some Avid on the way..and I gotta do what i gotta do.
If I have to spray it I will wait as long as possable to harvest..
I have read the sun degrades Avid..so it might be safer outside than in.

Also..I smoke a pack of marlboros every day.:yuck:
I have no doubt they are full of more chems than my weed will ever be.:hungover:

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I wonder if between the high heat weve been experiencing and your water PH if it lowered the plants defenses enough to give the russets a foothold?Or if your just screwed from the get go no matter the conditions?I have a couple plants that are just going to shit in this heat and i think they are just really susceptible to everything right now.I have to say Natural Therapy,you the man! called it from the get go.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
@loompa
Please educate us on a safe way to apply , handle , and consume avid

I know your a well respected grower person breeder .....have you used avid and consumed your own product that had been treated with avid (even in veg)

I was only relaying to you what worked and who salvaged gardens. I am in no way advocating one way or another about the use of AVID. Im just laying the facts out from what I experienced. And when it comes to farmers who pay their mortgages off this crop, can you afford to fuck around?

When I ran into them, russet mites look like a dust is covering all your fan leaves. You have a pic earlier in one of your posts that has a pic of a russet mite, but its only one mite that I saw. But it it is 100% a russet mite. And what I saw was a heavy "dust" like substance and everyone sprayed for fungus, and in the end it wasnt a fungus and everyone lost their crops. So if it looks like a dust on your fan leaves and I still can't really tell from that new pic, but on a couple of leaves you can see the bug congregation of the coloring wqhere all the fingers meet at the base of the leaf stem. That for me is one sure sign. But it does look like a "soot" and it it is predominately identifiable by the "soot" on the water leaves. Get a 50X scope and look at the base of the water leaf stem where all the fingers meet. You will see so many, billions all crawling on top of each other. And Russets are a mite and no other product worked, from sulfur to azamax to spinosad( which I must say, the only thing spinosad from my experience works on is those fucking bud worms that fall off Tan Oaks and drp onto the forest undergrowth and your crop.) I'm not going to get into a philosophical debate about the use of AVID, just stating the facts of what happened in one region around here.

But if you look up AVID in the book "Hemp Diseases and Pests" by J.M. McPartland, R.C. Clark and D.P. Watson, it talks about AVID. Avid is NOT a chemical. Avid is a biological control and is the waste product from bacteria. It in essence is a form of Pennicilin. It does go systemtic, so timimg is critical on its use, and I have seen a few scientific papers on how long it stays systemic, from what I have found it stays systemic for roughly 21 days. I have personally tested this, and taken to the labs for pesticides testing different samples of flowers, some that were not sprayed and some that were and also took samples that were sprayed at different intervals and taken to the labs myself(this is not theory, I have personally done this) And the results I have seen is if you can knock them up with Avid early enough, the plant will metabolize the "pennicilin" within 3 weeks and when it comes to testing, no sign of Avid was detected from any of the samples I used for testing purposes that were sprayed early enough. Id say right now is early enough.

That eggicide, which I actually meant Ovacide, can be found sold along side AVID at many online shops you can find the stuff from online. And if your feeding your children and paying your mortgage......the morality becomes muddled. Especially if it is found early enough to spray and still give the plant time to metabolize the "Bacteria" and push it out of its system. But acording to "Hemp Diseases and Pests", AVID is NOT a CHEMICAL. It is a form of Pennicilin, which is organic. Just laying the facts out, not advocating one way or another....just saying the facts of what I have seen and what worked.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I was only relaying to you what worked and who salvaged gardens. I am in no way advocating one way or another about the use of AVID. Im just laying the facts out from what I experienced. And when it comes to farmers who pay their mortgages off this crop, can you afford to fuck around?

When I ran into them, russet mites look like a dust is covering all your fan leaves. You have a pic earlier in one of your posts that has a pic of a russet mite, but its only one mite that I saw. But it it is 100% a russet mite. And what I saw was a heavy "dust" like substance and everyone sprayed for fungus, and in the end it wasnt a fungus and everyone lost their crops. So if it looks like a dust on your fan leaves and I still can't really tell from that new pic, but on a couple of leaves you can see the bug congregation of the coloring wqhere all the fingers meet at the base of the leaf stem. That for me is one sure sign. But it does look like a "soot" and it it is predominately identifiable by the "soot" on the water leaves. Get a 50X scope and look at the base of the water leaf stem where all the fingers meet. You will see so many, billions all crawling on top of each other. And Russets are a mite and no other product worked, from sulfur to azamax to spinosad( which I must say, the only thing spinosad from my experience works on is those fucking bud worms that fall off Tan Oaks and drp onto the forest undergrowth and your crop.) I'm not going to get into a philosophical debate about the use of AVID, just stating the facts of what happened in one region around here.

But if you look up AVID in the book "Hemp Diseases and Pests" by J.M. McPartland, R.C. Clark and D.P. Watson, it talks about AVID. Avid is NOT a chemical. Avid is a biological control and is the waste product from bacteria. It in essence is a form of Pennicilin. It does go systemtic, so timimg is critical on its use, and I have seen a few scientific papers on how long it stays systemic, from what I have found it stays systemic for roughly 21 days. I have personally tested this, and taken to the labs for pesticides testing different samples of flowers, some that were not sprayed and some that were and also took samples that were sprayed at different intervals and taken to the labs myself(this is not theory, I have personally done this) And the results I have seen is if you can knock them up with Avid early enough, the plant will metabolize the "pennicilin" within 3 weeks and when it comes to testing, no sign of Avid was detected from any of the samples I used for testing purposes that were sprayed early enough. Id say right now is early enough.

That eggicide, which I actually meant Ovacide, can be found sold along side AVID at many online shops you can find the stuff from online. And if your feeding your children and paying your mortgage......the morality becomes muddled. Especially if it is found early enough to spray and still give the plant time to metabolize the "Bacteria" and push it out of its system. But acording to "Hemp Diseases and Pests", AVID is NOT a CHEMICAL. It is a form of Pennicilin, which is organic. Just laying the facts out, not advocating one way or another....just saying the facts of what I have seen and what worked.
good post, I personally know avid is relatively safe so long as you give it 30 plus days to dissipate. But I will not get into the avid debate with people anymore. I used to argue/debate years ago but can't waste my time anymore. In the north central cali area, yes, avid has won over the russets many many times for many many gardens, and yes, lots of the finished product gets screened by labs and comes back clean.

Of course, you would not want to spray it anytime after approx end of august outdoors.

The other treatments may turn out to work also, sulfer sprayed is the leading non harsh treatment in nurseries.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I agree

Hard to spray or use products that may have health/environmental concerns associated with their use- but if it's the difference between paying for one's life for the next year or two, you consider which is harder: Spraying your crop and harvesting, or selling the land, renting an apartment and getting a job.... Not so hard to choose.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i wonder why u need a space suit around avid ?
Because its dangerous. :confused: why do you think?
But what you dont seem to get, is, it becomes less dangerous 30 days later
The Sun Degrades it with time.
I'm not going to get into a philosophical debate about the use of AVID,
Neither am I...So, If you dont like the use of avid..fine.
I dont like it either
But I dont need to read anymore comments about how bad it is..ok?
thanks

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If you plan on having more children I would read their label again and read what avid is forced to advise....
I wonder why i don't find it at the shelf in stores if your "lucky" they might walk you to the back behind secret door and under the table where you can pay cash for a sample after signing a waiver....
One of many red flags on label says specifically do not use in neighborhoods....
My bad @loompa for implying your approval of AVID and for assuming that you've approved of it a second time for the man trying to put food on the table ....
Philosophically speaking you are what you eat,,,,
Literally I lose a ton of respect of any farmer using Avid
@loompa have you knowingly sold flowers or seed from a plant treated with avid at anytime in it's life even in veg?
Hey cave man...Do you eat completely organic?
Do you grow all the food you eat?
the meat too?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Too many opinions in this thread, Kens trying to save his garden from devastation thats the point here! Good Luck Ken, stick with advice from experienced farmers my friend most of these post are just that ...POSTs! TTYS!:)
Thanks Ali Gee :)
I knew I would get lots of opinions..and I thought I was prepared for em..
I guess I need to smoke another:cool: and chill

But yeah Ali, That link you gave me was awesome.
The aspirin has already made them look better!
I keep going out and checking and they really look better already!

Aligee

Aligee

Thanks Ali Gee :)
I knew I would get lots of opinions..and I thought I was prepared for em..
I guess I need to smoke another:cool: and chill

But yeah Ali, That link you gave me was awesome.
The aspirin has already made them look better!
I keep going out and checking and they really look better already!
Yes the OP in that thread said plants responded overnight to the
aspirin"acetylsalicylic acid". The Heat is stressing out all living things, plants, bugs, spiders there looking for some water to suck on too! The Valley is showing us how dry it really is! Shit just got real man! IPM program will be top priority, this sh!t is prophetic!

SpiderK

SpiderK

it's all about the $$$ so who can blame wall street or the local city council, cops setting people up, ratz' & tips, ect ...... when they roll this industry & crush the little guys with regulation ....

grow your own ....

Top Bottom