russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

That makes good sense, Squiggs, thanks. The only thing I might add or question is highlighted in red. If you cook food with heat then you would be burning some toxins off as well. Correct?

That is right kolah. Although instead of saying burning them off I'd say boiling them off or vaporizing them. Temps used in cooking likely won't destroy these substances without also destroying THC.

squiggly

squiggly

Melting point: 155-157 degrees C (4)
Vapor pressure: negligible (4); 1.5 x 10 to the minus 9 torr

does the info here help you provide more details concerning avid and combustion?

Actually we need the melting point which is about 950C compared with 250C for THC. That means with vaporizing you can avoid most of the nasties here (this is the BP for abamectin the primary miticide in avid, there are other nasty things in it though).

Vapor pressure just tells you how much gas exists locally around a liquid of the substance. Much like a glass of water has high humidity above the water in the glass.

squiggly

squiggly

yes, but your liver might detoxify a significant amount of whatever toxin you're consuming.

with smoking you bypass the liver and go straight to the bloodstream.

The liver will still more than likely play a role in secretion of these substances. The liver plays a large role in metabolism, you can't skip over it simply by going straight into the blood.

below frigid

below frigid

I believe it was set to 200x but I am not positive

You can view them with as little as 13 x but your 30 x should work. Be patient when looking and spend many minutes on the same top cause they are hard to notice until the second that you atually do notice them.
my goal is not to notice themif you know what I mean

SunGrown

SunGrown

My good buddy ken asked me to post this in this thread for all to see. This is what I am currently battling as well, these damned russet mites. Here is a pic of one of my girls very affected by these things
sfv_russet_damage.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken watch for pm too, after being attacked the plants defense is down way down.
Thanks Man, I hear ya..Im planing on doing lots of prevention for that.
Bio war Bennies and Sulfur sprays......But those dont sound like they go together do they?
Hmmo_O

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My good buddy ken asked me to post this in this thread for all to see. This is what I am currently battling as well, these damned russet mites. Here is a pic of one of my girls very affected by these things
sfv_russet_damage.jpg
Thanks Brother!
Yep...That what the damage looks like..
I also had Taco leaf..but on only some of the infected plants
None of my plants never really ever wilted much..
Most of mine have just kept on praying like nothings wrong
except the calyx's looked like yours for sure.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
A trusted farmer here told me Azamax wont work.
He recommended Flying skull Nuke em
So I ordered some and we shall see :)
I have read a couple of products that say they work for both russet and broad mites. One is supposed to be organic called Biomite. The other is called Nuke Em.
Great tips Kali! Thanks!

SunGrown

SunGrown

A trusted farmer here told me Azamax wont work.
He recommended Flying skull Nuke em
So I ordered some and we shall see :)

Great tips Kali! Thanks!
Yeah, the guy at the store today had 200$ bottles of azamax on the shelf but said I shouldn't buy it. He told me met52 was all that would work from what he had at the store.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah, the guy at the store today had 200$ bottles of azamax on the shelf but said I shouldn't buy it. He told me met52 was all that would work from what he had at the store.

Im hoping the caps Foliar spraying will help me then..
I was slacking..and didnt use it for folair..I was using in the teas though..
Still got the mites :banghead:
Im going to keep spraying this new bag I just got

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I will be using the forbid f4 as soon as it gets here (tuesday)
I still have over 60 days before harvest and I think the sun will degrade the forbid before then.

If you dont like what I do...to fuckin bad..
I dont wanna hear it

I could keep to myself about this...it would be easier

But, Im trying to help other farmers that might find this thread someday like i found the thread at IC with help from a friend.

But then again..I might just say fuck it,,,there are enough threads already
Im glad I reached out to the farm though! :)
Thanks for all the support everyone!

Not sure if it's what you have- but that looks identical to the russet mite damage I experienced a couple years ago. The vector plants were just destroyed by those fuckers.

They are minuscule and not visible to the eye. I saw what looked like a beige or off white fungus on the main stem of the vector plant, scraped it with my fingernail and looked under the scope... All mites, thousands just on the tip of my fingernail. But yes they also ate the pistils with fury, it was the first indication that something was off.

Good luck I hope it's something else, russets are the worst pest I've experienced so far.
Thanks Again NaturalTherapy for helping me find these early! :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I missed this post
In they sell some kind of acid at auto stores that works.. ik it sounds crazy. I'll try and find what I'm talking about
thanks Shamus
d limonene is sold at some auto parts stores for detailing
Is that what you meant?

Latest posts

Top Bottom