russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^ And I'm thinking we should take a lesson from CannaCrone's observations regarding the differences she saw between the type of equipment used to spray.

I'm curious, how are you folks applying the DE? I've seen those puffer things, but I used a... oh man, what do you call those things you put powdered sugar in to get it all over your beignets? A shaker? Yeah, I'm goin' with a shaker. Or a jiggler, since it's me doin' the shakin'. :o
yeah, the Abamectin is supposed to keep killing but there may resistant ones
Ive never used pyrethrin because ive read it doesnt work well.
depends on who you ask i guess. The Met 52 granular is on rice i think..and Might be easier to use.
I know the Liquid is a pain to use...it wont mix..
Im switching back to Caps bio war Foliar
@baba G taught me that Azamax is shown to not cause resistance (in spider mites, but I don't see why it would be any different with hemp russets). So I'm thinking that they're the ones that were better at hiding, it's (almost) impossible to hit EVERY square millimeter of plant surface in a growing scenario where the plants are a bit mashed together. This is where tenting and fogging may become necessary, create a superfine mist that can hang in the air and thus end up hitting every possible surface.

Consider your action to be "controlling" the HRMs, if absent of eradication. Are you treating your tools, etc? I freeze my shoes and hats to help control vectoring pests around my gardens.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
^^ And I'm thinking we should take a lesson from CannaCrone's observations regarding the differences she saw between the type of equipment used to spray.

I'm curious, how are you folks applying the DE? I've seen those puffer things, but I used a... oh man, what do you call those things you put powdered sugar in to get it all over your beignets? A shaker? Yeah, I'm goin' with a shaker. Or a jiggler, since it's me doin' the shakin'. :eek:

@baba G taught me that Azamax is shown to not cause resistance (in spider mites, but I don't see why it would be any different with hemp russets). So I'm thinking that they're the ones that were better at hiding, it's (almost) impossible to hit EVERY square millimeter of plant surface in a growing scenario where the plants are a bit mashed together. This is where tenting and fogging may become necessary, create a superfine mist that can hang in the air and thus end up hitting every possible surface.

Consider your action to be "controlling" the HRMs, if absent of eradication. Are you treating your tools, etc? I freeze my shoes and hats to help control vectoring pests around my gardens.
I wish I woulda use the DE a couple weeks ago..I dont want it on my pistols and calyxes though.
The paint sprayer im useing makes a good mist/fog..But yeah,
<< I changed my title from mite killer to mite manager :cool:

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm curious, how are you folks applying the DE? I've seen those puffer things, but I used a... oh man, what do you call those things you put powdered sugar in to get it all over your beignets? A shaker? Yeah, I'm goin' with a shaker. Or a jiggler, since it's me doin' the shakin'. :eek:

I'm using this:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/d...c=2&zmap=394&gclid=COe5htKpscACFUdlfgodAlwAoQ

Creates a nice powder that will coat everything!

Azamax, Azatrol, and Azasol's primary ingredient is azadirachtin, derived from Neem Oil and completely organic...Mites can't build up a resistance to products like this, only chemical based products.

I wish I woulda use the DE a couple weeks ago..I dont want it on my pistols and calyxes though.
The paint sprayer im useing makes a good mist/fog..But yeah,
<< I changed my title from mite killer to mite manager :cool:
That's hilarious...

I received a package in the mail yesterday about a 'revolutionary' new miticide, it's called Guardian. This product is completely organic and will apparently wipe mites out! It's not on the market yet but he explained it will be soon. Came highly recommended from Scott (Nectar for the Gods). I didn't have a ton of time to discuss what's in it but he mentioned a couple different types of oil (that I haven't seen used yet) and vaguely touched on the aminos and B vitamins that are also in it. Will report back soon.

AcidSourDank

AcidSourDank

Definitely need AT LEAST 100x to see the russets at all stages of life. I believe the ones in the pictures I posted were freshly hatched larvae cuz I could see some of them that were the same size still in their eggs. But even using 100x scope they weren't obvious. It's easier to see in the pictures but when looking through the scope they're just tiny pink dots. When I started seeing them I wasn't sure if the pink dots were something new or just something I hadn't noticed before.

Do not even bother looking for movement. I've never seen a single one of these guys move. I'm sure I could have seen movement if they had gotten bigger but they were doing so much damage as it was that they had to go immediately. I've seen an adult only once and it was dead with 3 eggs loaded in its abdomen that it was about to pinch off.

Definitely agree about the wetting agent. I DRENCH my plants, like 1/2 gallon of solution each.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
How Long Does Azamax take to go away?
I mean can I spray Azamax again half way into flower?
Like @GR33NL3AF said--
it's neem oil based...

AzaMax is a highly effective pest control method designed to decimate pest populations. It is made from completely organic active ingredients, specifically one, potent, bio-compound found in Neem oil. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B and more than 100 limonoids.

AzaMax targets spidermites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies and many other airborne and soil borne pests. AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator: it controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. It also acts as a good systemic product that plants can easily uptake through roots for efficient control of sucking, mining and leaf eating pests, a rare feature among biological or biochemical pesticides.

AzaMax does not include hard chemical solvents, instead it uses food grade formulation ingredients.
AzaMax is the only smell-free product and does not freeze during cold weather.
AzaMax does not require any surfactants or sticking agents.
AzaMax is OMRI listed and licensed in all 50 states.
AzaMax is so safe and free of residue it can be applied on the day of harvest

Use AzaMax both as a preventative, and as a solution.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/learning_center/fight_pests_with_azamax/

619ster

619ster

If you like your concentrates to come out proper, don't use oil based products past week 5 of flower. And be sure to do a good rinsing after that 5th week. I never noticed the effect azamax and mighty wash had on my finished product until I got to making my wax. Can totally tell the difference and on contrary to their claims, residues are indeed left over. Can't taste it in the buds though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Like @GR33NL3AF said--
it's neem oil based...

AzaMax is a highly effective pest control method designed to decimate pest populations. It is made from completely organic active ingredients, specifically one, potent, bio-compound found in Neem oil. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B and more than 100 limonoids.

AzaMax targets spidermites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies and many other airborne and soil borne pests. AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator: it controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. It also acts as a good systemic product that plants can easily uptake through roots for efficient control of sucking, mining and leaf eating pests, a rare feature among biological or biochemical pesticides.

AzaMax does not include hard chemical solvents, instead it uses food grade formulation ingredients.
AzaMax is the only smell-free product and does not freeze during cold weather.
AzaMax does not require any surfactants or sticking agents.
AzaMax is OMRI listed and licensed in all 50 states.
AzaMax is so safe and free of residue it can be applied on the day of harvest

Use AzaMax both as a preventative, and as a solution.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/learning_center/fight_pests_with_azamax/
Thanks Geo :)

K

kolah

maybe get a bigger x scope......looking at your pic it's hard to differentiate from those being eggs or trichromes (or even water droplets). If I had to guess I'd say those are eggs. If it were trichromes you'd be able to see the stalk of the trichrome.

R

redlife215

I have heard nothing but time being wasted when trying to handle russet mites organically. I would go into telling you what I have used to great success but it will get me banned for trying to help you. But russet mites are way more destructive then any other mites I've dealt with before so be diligent and I wish u the best

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I didnt want to spray the Azamax..so, I did a soil drench with it.;)
Just neem right?
Im going to spray JMS stylet oil next :)

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
maybe get a bigger x scope......looking at your pic it's hard to differentiate from those being eggs or trichromes (or even water droplets). If I had to guess I'd say those are eggs. If it were trichromes you'd be able to see the stalk of the trichrome.
You are correct I need a better usb scope.
So Im just gunna keep on fighting em..even though I can't see em :)

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have heard nothing but time being wasted when trying to handle russet mites organically. I would go into telling you what I have used to great success but it will get me banned for trying to help you. But russet mites are way more destructive then any other mites I've dealt with before so be diligent and I wish u the best
Why would they ban you for telling me what you used to control russets?:confused:

thanks for the good wishes though..
I think I do have them "under control "..for now

Reactions: DAT
R

redlife215

Haha that's what I was wondering but they banned me last time for mentioning the floramite, avid,forbid rotation. Cus it is chemical. I understand it's a chemical and I am not forcing anybody to use it but I know how fast russet mites can decimate a plant and I used organic pesticides like need and azamax and other natural shit and it didn't even slow em down. A crop sprayed with pesticide is better then a no pistil brown bud crop but that's just me

R

redlife215

And if u are in Shasta county the russet mites don't play around. I haven't gotten any this year because I used my tripfecta but a lot of other growers have because they tried to stay organic

Canappa

Canappa

You are correct I need a better usb scope.
So Im just gunna keep on fighting em..even though I can see em :)

You keep fighting but you must consider Conserve SC IMO , After I used it I will never use anything else. I am wondering has anybody even tried it to see if it worked on Russet mites I believe it will kill them just like it killed my mites in 3 applications and one week later I was spider mite free and egg died too, everything looked like a ghost and the shit goes a long way. I know I mentioned it before but if anything was going to work, it would have done so already your still seeing them right. just trying to help in any way I can.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Back in july i showed this pic of my Big E og (post 95)
bigecloseup729-jpg.427538

They were eating the pistols :(

They are not eating so much now :)
Bige827

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You keep fighting but you must consider Conserve SC IMO , After I used it I will never use anything else. I am wondering has anybody even tried it to see if it worked on Russet mites I believe it will kill them just like it killed my mites in 3 applications and one week later I was spider mite free and egg died too, everything looked like a ghost and the shit goes a long way. I know I mentioned it before but if anything was going to work, it would have done so already your still seeing them right. just trying to help in any way I can.
Thanks Canna :)
I have considered the Conserve!..I was thinking about it again today. And reading about it.
I wish I would have bought it 4 weeks ago!:banghead: Now I cant decide if I need it now
I only have 4 to 6 weeks left before these should be done:confused:
But, It would work to prevent the bud worms..and I need to do that too..so, Yeah..I probably should get some.

Canappa

Canappa

Thanks Canna :)
I have considered the Conserve!..I was thinking about it again today. And reading about it.
I wish I would have bought it 4 weeks ago!:banghead: Now I cant decide if I need it now
I only have 4 to 6 weeks left before these should be done:confused:
But, It would work to prevent the bud worms..and I need to do that too..so, Yeah..I probably should get some.

You will see the change within a week after the application, apply heavy and use a wetting agent if you do. Safe to do in flower also, My crop was great I wouldnt bs you bro the results where mind blowing, they all turned into little white ghost after a wk and I had webbing going on lol but seriously consider it!

Top Bottom