lighting issue?
or russet/broad mites ?

Evil copy
IMG 20160923 172844

bobBitchen

bobBitchen

tnx
its a friend, he thinks he has a defo,
looks like russets to me, just looking for a few opinions..
tnx again

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I was chasing deficiencies and all sorts of other shit when I first got em (broads). Here's what it looked like:

inthegorge

inthegorge

The Washington recreational growers have been having crazy issues with russet mites. We use Andersoni predatory mites for prevention and have yet to have any issues. They also help with broad mites, cyclamen mites, spider mites and thrips. We get them in a "sachet" thingy that combines them with persimilis predatory mites (great against spider mites) and another one as well that the name escapes me at the moment and it has a hanger that hangs on a branch of the plant. Works for us indoors with about 1000 plus plants pretty well. Prevention is always better than treatments:-/ If this has already been covered in this thread I apologize....I did not have the time to read the whole thread.

Heat also kills them. I know it is a tough one but temps above 115 F for about 15-20 minutes in as high of humidity as you can get kill the nasty critters as well but since some eggs may still be viable you would need to repeat this in a week and then maybe again in another week. Indoors is much easier to deal with than outdoors. Outdoors you are pretty much screwed as many outdoor growers found out in WA this last couple of years.
Susy
W.O.W. Weed

CaliRay

CaliRay

The Washington recreational growers have been having crazy issues with russet mites. We use Andersoni predatory mites for prevention and have yet to have any issues. They also help with broad mites, cyclamen mites, spider mites and thrips. We get them in a "sachet" thingy that combines them with persimilis predatory mites (great against spider mites) and another one as well that the name escapes me at the moment and it has a hanger that hangs on a branch of the plant. Works for us indoors with about 1000 plus plants pretty well. Prevention is always better than treatments:-/ If this has already been covered in this thread I apologize....I did not have the time to read the whole thread.

Heat also kills them. I know it is a tough one but temps above 115 F for about 15-20 minutes in as high of humidity as you can get kill the nasty critters as well but since some eggs may still be viable you would need to repeat this in a week and then maybe again in another week. Indoors is much easier to deal with than outdoors. Outdoors you are pretty much screwed as many outdoor growers found out in WA this last couple of years.
Susy
W.O.W. Weed
If anyone is havin issues with broad mites or russet mites the following products will kill them and continue to do so without having to worry about resistance being developed. Grandevo, Venerate or prf 97.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Susy
W.O.W. Weed
If eggs aren't killed a person should NOT wait a week to kill them. This is too much of a time span that will allow breeding. Once first application of grandevo, venerate or prf 97 is applied, I'd wait 2 days and apply again. Every 2 days I'd apply either product. This way the eggs will hatch but will not be given the chance to breed.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Venerate is not approved in WA for recreational cannabis according to their most recent list but grandevo and prf 97 are. At our farm we use no pesticides at all so we go the predatory mite route. We have to list all pesticides used on our label and I just don't want to put any pesticide at all on our label so we work without them so far effectively since November of 2014. We are lucky though and really have not been visited by this particularly nasty beasty so far....knock on wood! I know farms that had whole outdoor crops annihilated by them though:-/ I would think if it came down to it an approved pesticide is much preferable to a totally lost crop....especially if you are an outdoor farmer and it is your only crop of the year:opps:

The Humanure

The Humanure

I got mine from tomato plants. be safe, buy from the farmers market.
Hell that's why they are called "Tomato russet mite"

Now I have them every year in 15,000 gallons of soil. i cant really toss the soil out.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Now I have them every year in 15,000 gallons of soil. i cant really toss the soil out.

Have you tried inoculating the pots with hypoapsis miles? They're pretty voracious and persist for a long time.

CaliRay

CaliRay

Gran
Venerate is not approved in WA for recreational cannabis according to their most recent list but grandevo and prf 97 are. At our farm we use no pesticides at all so we go the predatory mite route. We have to list all pesticides used on our label and I just don't want to put any pesticide at all on our label so we work without them so far effectively since November of 2014. We are lucky though and really have not been visited by this particularly nasty beasty so far....knock on wood! I know farms that had whole outdoor crops annihilated by them though:-/ I would think if it came down to it an approved pesticide is much preferable to a totally lost crop....especially if you are an outdoor farmer and it is your only crop of the year:opps:
Grandevo and prf 97 is approved

Burn the soil.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I would try top dressing them with super soil. Also certain microhyaze can be used as a foliar feed that prevent mold and bugs. I have killed every kind of mite there is with hot water... Spray under the leaves if you have to day after day. It doesn't look like mites to me though. It looks like a deficiency. You prob could easily fix it with some added soil. The buffer should correct your ph.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Looks like its time to revive this thread.
i found 4 living russets today!

Im rolling out a knock down then Grandivo every 6 days in rotation with Venerate.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Any one think 100% organic route can work on russets?

I used comscerve sc once, not otganic.
GrandivoVenerate in rotation.

Last edited:
The Humanure

The Humanure

If i used forbid now, veg outside will that be safe? I have been using organic but now still russets. wont forbid just be tossed in the trash? leafs? can it transfer into buds that are not even there? im still100 % VEG

The Humanure

The Humanure

Im still organic, but the thought of being wrecked by russets and the forbid has me thinking.
I mean there no buds, no pre flower just a few hairs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom