Russet Mites

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

It looks like I may have got some type of mite looks like russet mites based on the curling and the deformities starting to form. My buddy had them and I believe I may have them now too. I've been reading all over but I want to know what everyone else uses for a cost effective and quick way to kill these little bastards .

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Few questions 1 are you in flower?
2 if so how far?
3 are your strains irreplaceable?
4 tent or room?
5 how much do you love me?

saltwater

saltwater

1-2) 4 plants 2 weeks into flower. No signs of the mites, curling of leaves yet. (In my tent)

Other plants are in veg in another location but that is where I believe to have my contamination but I moved my 4 to my tent before I knew about the issue. So now if there is an issue I'm sure it's in that tent as well. I sprayed the plants with neem oil and another oil based spray (I forgot the name but it has cinnamon oil and canola oil) I also placed a hot shot pest strip in the contaminated area as well and I have been spraying with frequency wash. Not sure if any of it will help but I figured I would hit those bastards with alternative methods.
I sprayed down everything with alcohol.

3) the strains I have took me a while to find the right phenotypes I like for yield, high and height. So I prefer not to get rid of them .

4) veg plants in a friends garage, 4 flowering plants in my tent

5) i love you a bunch! But would love you a lot more if you could take care of this mite issue lol

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Buy the terrible 3 on eBay

Forbid Florimite Avid rotate the sprays every 4-5 days till you have used them all.....bam everything is dead as fuck

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Or not ?

As in everything will not be dead?

Or these are terrible chems that should never be used?

Just wondering........

I used to be an organic farmer, but lost half my crop this summer due to some serious bugs. If I had gone nuclear way sooner, things wouldn't have gotten out of hand.....Now I am a chemical farmer.

Used to say let's make them bugs smell nice and go away withe this or that natural spray/oils. maybe it works for some but we have some badass bugs here....

Fuck them bugs up for real and get some chems and a atomizer.

bigblue72

bigblue72

I know people here who shut down and still came back after 6 month get ready for a battle

saltwater

saltwater

Used a series of different sprays, put everything into bins with off pest strips. Hit everything with frequency wash after. Re-coated with neem and have been repeating every 3 days. Checked yesterday and no signs of any of the little bastards. Plants are looking good! I will keep everyone updated.

D

Daddy Kada

IMG 4791
IMG 4794
IMG 4796
IMG 4791
IMG 4794
IMG 4796
Hello everyone! Been growing awhile here in a southern state and just happened to meet this hellspawned aracnid and have been fighting with it for three grows now. My first two experiences I basically cut and begin anew. Here's the shit... I don't know if the bugs came in from my seed company, the coco, or my carelessness but they came back, chewing up my Kush and my damn Cheesecake I had tried Forbid the second time but was so frustrated that I tossed it all the next morn. Here we are a-damn-gain. Thousands of alien eggs so I have Forbidated everyone lastnight. I sprayed Soap this morn and I am about to go out and grab a PYrethium tr bomb or two for the backhand smack to thier nasty mouths. I guess I will repeat as needed. I am only 21 day into a 60-90 day veg on the older girls. The sprouts are abt 3 days old. I feel like the Forbid, the bomb, and soaps should do it. I really am exasperated here As we southern folk ain't to fond of this here lil fella its nothing in my flower room so i think I will burn some stuff to be real sure before I lightflip.
Any advice?

B

Bigg A

View attachment 650580 View attachment 650582 View attachment 650585 View attachment 650580 View attachment 650582 View attachment 650585 Hello everyone! Been growing awhile here in a southern state and just happened to meet this hellspawned aracnid and have been fighting with it for three grows now. My first two experiences I basically cut and begin anew. Here's the shit... I don't know if the bugs came in from my seed company, the coco, or my carelessness but they came back, chewing up my Kush and my damn Cheesecake I had tried Forbid the second time but was so frustrated that I tossed it all the next morn. Here we are a-damn-gain. Thousands of alien eggs so I have Forbidated everyone lastnight. I sprayed Soap this morn and I am about to go out and grab a PYrethium tr bomb or two for the backhand smack to thier nasty mouths. I guess I will repeat as needed. I am only 21 day into a 60-90 day veg on the older girls. The sprouts are abt 3 days old. I feel like the Forbid, the bomb, and soaps should do it. I really am exasperated here As we southern folk ain't to fond of this here lil fella its nothing in my flower room so i think I will burn some stuff to be real sure before I lightflip.
Any advice?

We've had the same problem out here on the west coast. Alot of farmers turned to avid to kill them nasty buggers. They're very aggressive and populate rather quickly

D

Daddy Kada

Well I decided to try HSNPS (no pest strip). Its been abt 48hrs. Gonna check in the morn. So it was Forbid the first day. No pest strip will stay up for abt 2-3 weeks and during that period my plan is to Neem thier asses and Soap'em. If this doesnt do it. Avid it is.

D

Daddy Kada

Well I have purchased the Avid. But I have come to the conclusion that, if most of you are like me, I am the reason for the mite spread. I am very intimate with my plants. I touch them daily and that is the problem. We intimate growers inadvertedly spread the mites by touch. The larve and eggs of rust mites are very "clingy" and will attach to almost anything that touches. Then it is transplanted when we touch another plant. This can explain why it might be so hard to eradicate them. The Forbid 4f is an Ovicide unfortunately it takes about 4-10 days to get complete results. It only takes an egg 2.3 days to hatch and if it hatches before the Forbid reaches it, it can move to a nonforbinated part of the plant to continue the onslaught. Forbid is NOT systemic. It does not spread to new growth. However, Avid is!!! Yet Avid is NOT an Ovicide and will not kill eggs. The two should be used in conjuction(opinion) along with a third and fourth product. Now it is known that Forbid has a 45 day life in the plant and Avid, 30. BUT THAT DEPENDS ON IF MIXED TO MAX OR MIN SPECIFICATIONS READ LABLES.
What Bayer doesnt tell you, because of Forbid's MOA (mode of action) or its way in, if not mixed strong enough, its chemical comp makes it rather easy for nasty to become super-nasty.

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Well I have purchased the Avid. But I have come to the conclusion that, if most of you are like me, I am the reason for the mite spread. I am very intimate with my plants. I touch them daily and that is the problem. We intimate growers inadvertedly spread the mites by touch. The larve and eggs of rust mites are very "clingy" and will attach to almost anything that touches. Then it is transplanted when we touch another plant. This can explain why it might be so hard to eradicate them. The Forbid 4f is an Ovicide unfortunately it takes about 4-10 days to get complete results. It only takes an egg 2.3 days to hatch and if it hatches before the Forbid reaches it, it can move to a nonforbinated part of the plant to continue the onslaught. Forbid is NOT systemic. It does not spread to new growth. However, Avid is!!! Yet Avid is NOT an Ovicide and will not kill eggs. The two should be used in conjuction(opinion) along with a third and fourth product. Now it is known that Forbid has a 45 day life in the plant and Avid, 30. BUT THAT DEPENDS ON IF MIXED TO MAX OR MIN SPECIFICATIONS READ LABLES.
What Bayer doesnt tell you, because of Forbid's MOA (mode of action) or its way in, if not mixed strong enough, its chemical comp makes it rather easy for nasty to become super-nasty.

I dont know why you make it so hard..

Bro make some research on plant vitality plus. it kill also the eggs
One application is enough but i always advise 2x just to be sure.
30 bucks for 500ml will solve ur stress forever.
Success
RP13

B

Bigg A

Avid will kill them dead

Top Bottom