Safety First! Only do BHO extractions OUTSIDE!!!

• Thread starter Dopegeist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Don't be another statistic!

n-Butane:
Flammable limits: Lower: 1.6% Upper: 8.5%

Which means if you lock yourself in your house/apt and turn on the bathroom fan or open a window (because like Propane, butane sinks/pools [is heavier than air]), you will be creating an explosive mixture. Like the Hindenburg, it isn't flammable/explosive till the oxygen in the atmosphere becomes available. Butane is a hydrocarbon that doesn't contain oxygen, so to become explosive it relies on people without an understanding of chemistry to purge cans in a closed, oxygen-rich environment, where it can achieve the dangerous atmospheric concentrations.

And for the love of God, half the news articles involve someone lighting a cigarette, the other half involve a pilot light. Plan accordingly.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

monkonfire.jpg

summitoker

summitoker

Some kids blew up their condo a few months ago near me.....the lack of common sense is scary especially when the info is readily available. Why do people still bother with butane when a cleaner tastier product can be made with ice and water?

Camdawg

Camdawg

I still worry about people blasting in there backyards, neighbors don't know go outside for a smoke act of god whole blocks burning

turbo14

turbo14

This scares the shit out of me....

I have a good feeling BHO is going to be a thing of the past sooner than later. Even with closed loop N-Tane systems are still showing mad residuals. There was a oil cup held in Cali recently.. 20 entries of some of the "best" shatters around.. 3 out of 20 entries were cleared after lab results.. the other 17 that were made with closed loop systems and vac ovens still had residuals and we're disqualified.

Cold water extract for the win..

turbo

muir

muir

A buddy who runs a fair bit of oil was told there is no n-Butane at the gas places. He's on a waiting list. 420 preparations I assume.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

This scares the shit out of me....

I have a good feeling BHO is going to be a thing of the past sooner than later. Even with closed loop N-Tane systems are still showing mad residuals. There was a oil cup held in Cali recently.. 20 entries of some of the "best" shatters around.. 3 out of 20 entries were cleared after lab results.. the other 17 that were made with closed loop systems and vac ovens still had residuals and we're disqualified.

Cold water extract for the win..

turbo
What do you think of dry ice extraction? Have you tried it? My bubble bags would take days to drain and the quality just wasn't there, but five pounds of lower nugs and shake with dry ice and the resulting product is amazing in it's ability to keep the smell and remain 'wet'. The stuff i made is two 5 gallon bucket's filled. It sticks together a bit and the consistency is just like squeezing a marshmellow. awesome. That's a lot of shaking.

Skoosh

Skoosh

Actually, yes immolation (burning) sucks.
The thing to keep in mind though are all the unintended ignition sources.
Camdawg brings up an EXCELLENT ignition source in neighbors heading out to light a smoke.
Or (God forbid) YOU lighting a smoke. (seen it a bunch of times, myself... I LEAVE all ignition sources (lighter, cigs, cell phone) FAR away from me.
I must say though, seeing the residual tests from the So Cal Secret Cup kinda opened my eyes as to why I'm wheezing so much lately.
AS IF THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID:
PLEASE BLAST OUTDOORS! (Or be a Darwin award winner)

Sk
;-)_~~

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

What we're talking about is at least outside, if ignition were to occur, it has at least 1 direction to go (up) unimpeded. Seal your ass up in an apartment and pressure builds.

Used to have an old stove we threw old bics in. Poof!
The key is pressure or confinement. That is when you create a real hazard.

But yes, even outside, BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
Would be no different than working with electricity.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

First lesson I learned about blasting from OrgnKid. DO IT OUTSIDE! Even then be careful and make sure that there is no ignition source. I always keep a fire extinguisher close by when I blast.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What happened at Mahatma's earlier this month? I don't see any stories about their production facility fire/explosion, which is the reason I have been given when looking for wax around town.

growchick421

growchick421

Outside... agree.
However oil and the extraction process will not leave. kids know how to do it. It is easier to conceal, load, and and smoke (especially with the pens these days). They just need the proper info, like some said.
Having smoked water extraction, dry ice extraction, and butane extraction, they all have a slightly different highs. And they are all rather easy processes.
Another reason I say that oil is here to stay is that we have run into several kids that only smoke oil. One kid was surprised that ppl still smoke flowers! :eek:

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

As per usual, the recreational idiots are causing backlash on patients. The idiot legislator that authored a bill regarding edibles mentioned that we have to do something when edibles cause people to jump off of buildings. It will be troubling to see patient's rights take a back seat to law enforcement of a problem that doesn't exist.

"Just last month, a Wyoming college student visiting Denver on spring break jumped to his death after eating a marijuana cookie. There was no indication how strong the cookie was, but the death stoked fears that concentrated marijuana products can be used to create large amounts of edible pot."

Read more: House bill would set limits for potency of marijuana edibles - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana...imits-potency-marijuana-edibles#ixzz2zAwZQun4
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Nice job Dickfuck

juggernaut

juggernaut

Does that include - when using a closed system like the tasisium?

growchick421

growchick421

Even closed systems have leaks and mishaps. Outside is still the place to do tane extractions.

And how do they determine that the pot cookie was what made the kid fall off a building?? What if he was depressed, a klutz, or weak minded and basically persuaded?? Hearst, DuPont, and Anslinger did their jobs when assoceating fear and cannabis with each other.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The idiot legislator that authored a bill regarding edibles mentioned that we have to do something when edibles cause people to jump off of buildings.
If you think the people jumping off buildings from weed (because they aren't going to tell the cops they also bought some hallucinogens on the street) is bad...
Just imagine the overflowing Hospitals if cops could smoke it!

GoClutch

GoClutch

Either outdoors, or indoors with a proper vent hood rated to move flammable gases, automatic fire extinguishers etc- basically a proper lab or the great outdoors for sure.

The use of the tragic death of a young person for drug war propaganda is as disgusting now as it always has been and always will be. In my experience edibles do get me more high intensity wise than even dabs, and so of course care should be taken, but like growerchick421 said theres of course no telling what exactly caused his fall- and proclaiming the unknowable a certain fact is always the mark of propagandist zeal. Learning to recognize it right away is like learning to see again.

At the top of every FAQ of guide I've ever read about these types of extractions online has said in big bold caps at the top of the page that it is to be performed outdoors ONLY- its impossible not to see these warnings with even the briefest of internet inquiries into the topic. That being said I find it hard to sympathize personally with the ones so slow that they still blast indoors despite this and blow their homes up- doubly so since their idiotic actions have real legal repercussions for our whole community!

Top Bottom