Salt Build up?

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

Is this salt build up on the top of the cube? The two pictures are of the same plant. I swabbed the top of the cube on the second pick. And no I did not taste it to see if it was salty.

Salt build up

Salt build up 2

20north

tiny bit of molds on the block not bad man looking pretty good tho...

i would umm pour water on those with a cup.. of r/o'd water

mostly all ebb n flow systems need to get hand watered a little bit

man get those leafs from getting so close to the floor of your table your going to get powder mildew or bud rot if the leafs are in the water when you flood your table

besides the moss i would eather get some caps for your grodan or ride it out but make sure you flush your grodans every week like when you change the water

M

mrdizzle

ebb n flow causes that. If you switched to top feed the alge and the salty crust goes away

W

WildWest

cheap plastic block covers work wonders in my ebb n flow, check'em out

K

KrazyDan

wont harm your girls as long as you do as stated to hand flush alittle..i use cut up pieces of panda plastic to shade the rockwool...nothing works 100% but it helps..just dont restric the air being sucked to the rockwool

KD

F

frostygreenthum

I get that to think its from ph up andd down from what i read

C

cofi

white stuff looks like root aphid honeydew......how do your plants look?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

green algae is autotropic, that means that in the presence of water and light it can make its own food (just like plants).

In general green algae is a sign that your cubes are over watered. It has nothing to do with the water coming from the top, or the bottom, or the ph, or salts, or anything else that was sugessted really....

You can prevent the growth with cube covers, but my guess is that you will still be overwatering. Algae will teach you how much is too much if you have the patients...

Top Bottom