OLDproLg

OLDproLg

SOUNDS LIKE LOVE TO MEE!!!!

Very good,they WILL FLY.......
thanx n good luck!
LG,will be watchin...

S

Sassyfemme

Herijuana (?), some 818 Headbands in background, a Cali O, a White Widow and a Big Kiwi.

Aug23 Herijuana Headbands Cali O White Widow and Big Kiwi

A row of 5 Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese and two Big Kiwis. Yes, I also grow tomatoes, cukes and other yummy veggies, lol.
Aug23 row of Durban Poison x UK Cheese and two Big Kiwis

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I love your garden and your gardening;). YOu have a nice assortment and your plants look delicious. Your harvest should be nice, can't wait to see pics.

S

Sassyfemme

I love your garden and your gardening;). YOu have a nice assortment and your plants look delicious. Your harvest should be nice, can't wait to see pics.

Hello and thank you OctoberDee :)

Some will finish by mid September, but most are slated for end September and onwards into October. In a way, this is a good thing, because there's going to be a lot of work harvesting all of it. :)

Power OG

Power OG

Big Kiwi, 7' 7", pretty much as wide and that stem is at a killer 9+ inches in circumference.
View attachment 434083

Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese ( a local Quebec strain ), the tallest is at 5' 6" and about 6' 4" wide, very bushy and should be ready by early October.
View attachment 434084

Nebula x Juan x Big, 4'
View attachment 434085

Some of my 818 Headbands ( Sour OG ), and a short DeLaHaze in the lower left. All the Headbands are at least 4' 6" and up to over 5'.
View attachment 434086
Love me some Sour OG! Here's a pic of mine from last harvest
IMG 20140704 021553

S

Sassyfemme

Now those are cannabis plants!
Great work SF.
Amazing big bushes...

Went out in the garden and watered the plants, then I noticed it, the Big Kiwi, the 8 footer, has turned male on me, it's full of pollen sacs and now I'll have to cop it down, very sad turn of events and I am so surprised, I really never saw any sacs until this morning. :(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, you're not the first grower this year to experience such a weird turn of sex like that this year. It's SO HARD to face that when it's an 8' tall beast! Do you have any chickens or goats around you can feed it to?

Reactions: DAT
S

Sassyfemme

You know, you're not the first grower this year to experience such a weird turn of sex like that this year. It's SO HARD to face that when it's an 8' tall beast! Do you have any chickens or goats around you can feed it to?

No, guess we'll chop it down carefully and keep it away from the garden. Maybe I can use the leaves and what little buds have begun to make bubble hash or something. Yeah, it's a hit to the tummy for sure. :(

Rosenberg

Rosenberg

Sorry to hear the turn of events Sassy! Bit of a blow for sure. That Nig Kiwi was going so well. I would definitely use it in some way, maybe cook with it.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

WHOA!!!!! Everything looks lovely! I am very stoked to see the end results. When do you usually get your first freeze up there? Great job!

S

Sassyfemme

WHOA!!!!! Everything looks lovely! I am very stoked to see the end results. When do you usually get your first freeze up there? Great job!

First ground frost can be by end of September but more usually around mid-October, I will be adding more hay around each plant to keep them a little warmer overnight when the time comes. Many of my strains won't be finished before mid-October. :)

Reactions: DAT
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First ground frost can be by end of September but more usually around mid-October, I will be adding more hay around each plant to keep them a little warmer overnight when the time comes. Many of my strains won't be finished before mid-October. :)
Huh, that's a trip, that's when I usually experience my first frost and I'm pretty sure I'm quite a ways south of you.

S

Sassyfemme

Huh, that's a trip, that's when I usually experience my first frost and I'm pretty sure I'm quite a ways south of you.

We actually had a frost warming for last night though we were spared. But, for me, frost is more concern causing at end September and into October when temps dip every night, this is when I really worry about the plants. I have some good strains who should be able to withstand some cold nights, and with added hay as a blanket around them, they will get through it to harvest.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've tried to kill potted plants (1gal) by putting them outside during sub-freezing weather. I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills in California, and while our cold temps don't normally hit as low as many areas, we see plenty of sub-freezing weather. I couldn't kill those plants! Put them out in December and left them there until the following June, and those damn things persisted until it got hot and too dry, then they finally died (I didn't have the heart back then to just yank them, I simply left them to die like old people in the forest). In-ground large plants like we have? I've never seen frosty nights do more than cause purpling. A bigger concern of course is mold, especially if the rains hit (which, this year, I'm praying for them, but not expecting them). Adding the straw mulch and having the fencing like you do, I bet they'll do just fine as long as it's not too wet. :) Even having to pull that one plant, I bet you'll do really well this year.

S

Sassyfemme

I've tried to kill potted plants (1gal) by putting them outside during sub-freezing weather. I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills in California, and while our cold temps don't normally hit as low as many areas, we see plenty of sub-freezing weather. I couldn't kill those plants! Put them out in December and left them there until the following June, and those damn things persisted until it got hot and too dry, then they finally died (I didn't have the heart back then to just yank them, I simply left them to die like old people in the forest). In-ground large plants like we have? I've never seen frosty nights do more than cause purpling. A bigger concern of course is mold, especially if the rains hit (which, this year, I'm praying for them, but not expecting them). Adding the straw mulch and having the fencing like you do, I bet they'll do just fine as long as it's not too wet. :) Even having to pull that one plant, I bet you'll do really well this year.

Our big problem is rain and humidity, cause mildew and mold, I'm treating a few plants with a solution of Peroxide and water. Thinking of making plastic individual covers for when it rains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom